Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 3: June 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that she chose to wear exactly the same necklace as she did when she first wore the top.
Rather than another Dulong peice... lol

Even it looks like costume jewelry it's most likely Dulong again?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aah, Marianne Dulong again. Does anyone know where Marys affection for Dulong jewelery does come from?

Princess Mary's stylist, Anja, is now a business partner of Marianne Dulong.
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/ayvee/CPM/anja.jpg
Before that, Anja was the PR consultant for Marianne Dulong company (as well as other businesses) before Mary and Frederik were married. Anja and Marianne have been working together since 1997 on various projects according to the site.

One can assume that Anja introduced Mary to Marianne Dulong jewelry and since Anja is now a business partner and Princess Mary's stylist, Marianne Dulong jewelry gets shown to Princess Mary before they make it to the stores.

The same exact earrings Princess Mary wore to the CP Culture Prize 2007 last year is now featured on the Marianne Dulong site. Only one pair of this particular earrings (1 pearl only) was made.
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/ayvee/CPM/butterflypearl.jpg

Definitely a perk on both sides. Having something exclusively made adds to the appeal.

I like Mary's jewelry. It is simple, but it suits her.

I'm a bit disappointed that we do not see more of the gorgeous Georg Jensen silver jewellery Mary wore at the couple's visit to Germany 3 (?) years ago.
It is beyond beautiful IMO :)

In this thread there are links to multitudes of pictures of CP Mary from the Culture Awards this year, and I have to say that I think her earrings are truely stunning!
They are the perfect compliment for her dress. So is the lack of a necklace, IMO.

I have no idea - I hope it wasn't !

I'm not sure if it has ever been confirmed, but I thought HRH The Prince Consort gave the suite to Mary as a gift. Well, at least that was the talk at the time if I recall rightly.

Not certain though...;)

A few people related the grapes jewelry to Prince Henrik's winery but I don't think anyone really knows who gave her or possibly loaned her this set. When Princess Mary wore the necklace and earrings, the set itself was already vintage and wasn't available for sale at Georg Jensen stores because it was a past collection. But my rule of thumb for Princess Mary's jewels is: If she wears it once, it could be a loan. If she wears it more than once, it's hers.

You may very well be right ayvee :) - then we can only hope that the Georg Jensen company will do the right thing and present a set of these beautiful vintage jewellery to the country's crown princess ;)

The nice thing is that Mary "wears" the jewelry - the jewelry doesn't wear her ---
she always looks great -

But Mary has worn that juwellery more than once, I'm sure. I've to look for the dates

The Georg Jensen grape jewelry has only been worn once in Germany. The Georg Jensen Cave collection and Savannah collection have been worn several times.

Grape jewelry

I cannot find a picture of the "grape jewelry". I have never heard of it until I read this thread. Could someone post a picture of it, or send a link that I can open. It sounds beautiful. Thanks.

Thanks!

Thank you. I was expecting purple stones, no wonder I couldn't find it. Passed up these pictures. But this is a beautiful set too.

I was expecting purple stones too! This is pretty, but not at all what I was expecting.

His website has lots of pretty things. Thanks!

You're very welcome Mrsbugman. I find most of Georg Jensen's vintage items extremely gorgeous :wub: and I think it is so very befitting that a Danish CP should have some Georg Jensen jewellery; it is a very old company, established in 1904, and one of the late queen Ingrid's brothers, Sigvard, made designs for Georg Jensen.

I think Mary should have this to keep her earrings in ;) http://www.ascasonline.org/jensen2101bis.jpg

I was expecting purple stones too! This is pretty, but not at all what I was expecting.

No it wouldnt be what a lot of people were expecting.
I remember thinking at the time that it was a surprising choice for the event (quite modern) but I loved it (still do) and think it looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom