Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 3: June 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of my jewelry pals know the maker of Mary's diamond earrings worn at birthday concert yesterday?

At this point, there has been no info about this tiered-teardrop earrings. I thought it was the Eclisse earrings from Damiani that Gwyneth Paltrow modeled:
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/mary/jan17_09/gwyneth_damiani_eclisse.jpg
But the top part is different.

Princess Mary wore this diamond earrings for the first time at the DR Concert Hall opening, Jan 17, 2009 and she wore it again to another DR Concert, June 10.

Hip Hip Hooray!!!

I dont quite know what to make of it, but I love that she wore it!

I can't decide whether I like it or not. I like the idea of the leaves, but I feel like it is difficult to see the detail in the photos. Does anyone know what stone the berries are made of? I can't really tell what color the leaves are. Are they a greenish-shade?

You can see more detail of the tiara in this link and info (in Danish) on materials and stones:
TIARA | Smykkets Dronning | Dronningers Smykke#

Princess Mary's tiara is called Midnight Tiara. The leaves are made up of silver, oxidized silver and 18k rose gold. Some of the berries have diamonds which are pave-set. Not sure what the other stones but hopefully someone can translate.

Info/pictures on how the tiara was made: http://www.bodilbinner.dk/tiara/tilblivelse.html

HQ photos of the tiara: http://www.bodilbinner.dk/tiara/presse.html, click on image to enlarge

Last edited by a moderator:
It says that there are moonstones as well.

I think this tiara is beautiful and hopefully a permanent addition. We have rarely seen contemporary tiaras that are really good - but I think this one works. It is beautiful, regal, has beautiful craftmanship and is contemporary at the same time. And the earrings and not least the brooch that goes with it is just gorgeous :flowers:

do you think its a loan from the desginer of the tiara?
I think only time will tell:) I hope it is permanent - and as far as I recall I don't think the Danish royal family is in the habit of borrowing tiaras. But of course you'll never know.

I sincerely hope as well that the tiara (plus matching brooch and earrings...) was purchased and is here to stay.
I absolutely agree with what you say, UserDane - this is finally a modern tiara in contemporary instead of neo-classical design which really works. It's beautiful, a bit bold but not stark, impressive enough for a Crown Princess but not ostentatious. Mary is the type to pull it off in style, and last but not least:
What a wonderful idea it would be for CP Mary to have a 21st century wreath tiara next to a 19th century wreath, the ruby tiara.
In size, it falls in-between the ruby and the wedding tiara and would fill a frequently lamented gap here.
As Mary doesn't appear to be in the habit of wearing borrowed jewelry, I really hope we will soon see these pieces on her again.

Am not sure if I like it the tiara I mean not a traditional look but maybe I just need to get used to it ..... so I hope she wears it a little more often.

What a treat!! I had never thought that Mary would ever wear a new tiara before she becomes Queen. This tiara was the best modern tiara from the exhibition imo and I hope that it was either a present or purchased. I think the stones are moonstone (rather fitting for something called “Midnight Tiara”), but I’m not sure I interpret my google-translater correctly. Anyway, I don’t think that they would buy an expensive tiara during the financial crisis. But since this one has no expensive load of precious stones and is made from silver rather than platinum it might be purchased. At least I hope so. After all it would be a great promotion for Danish jewellery design.

I like her other two tiaras more than this one, but anyway it´s nice to see her with a different tiara. This one is a nice change because it has a different style, more modern.

I know very little Danish but what I read is that the tiara is made of 18ct gold and has a large load of diamonds as well as pearls but I hope that a kind Dane will tell us the details.

Stunning...just stunning. I love the brooch as well. It contrasts beautifully with her dark hair, delicate, yet modern.

Oops, I did not read about the diamonds, and don't really know it 18ct gold it much. Can anybody expain, please?:flowers:
But I still think that it comes for a comparatively reasonable price, it won't be hundreds of thousands of EUR, I guess. So let's hope that Mary will keep this tiara. It makes a very nice change and suits her style.

The tiara is made from silver, oxidized silver, 18ct light pink white gold and specialy polished moon stones plus brilliant paved buds. The tiara is called "Midnight Queen".

TIARA | Smykkets Dronning | Dronningers Smykke

I think it is very beautiful.

It was nice to see Mary in something different but, I just don't love this tiara. I can however appreciate the craftmanship but its not my favorite.

I LOVE this! Hurrah! When the vaults aren't opened up for you like they are for Maxima, then investing in a modern tiara from non precious stones is a much cheaper way of getting some bling, and this is gorgeous. Modern and stylish, it suits Mary so much. Hurrah... very happy!

I just have to remind everyone, that we don't know if Mary owns the new tiara. It could be on loan to her from the designer. She wears many loans from Danish designers, some for a long time before they go back.

I think that the other stones are moonstones. That is what my online translator comes up with. Thank you for the links. Now that I can see the details, I really like the tiara. It is very delicate and pretty. The design is modern, but soft and feminine at the same time.

I love it--I thought moonstones when I first saw it as well. She looks amazing in that gown with the brooch and tiara.

Whether it was a loan, a gift or a purchase, it certainly is an interesting design (not my taste though). But it's nice to see her in something different!

Before I get carried away I want to see lots and lots more pix as the previous two don't really give a good idea of the proportions to height. :ermm:

Marg, online photo agencies are full of pics from the event…
…but here, thanks to Tamara, is a large photo in glorious detail, showing Mary wearing the set:

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4617/hb1.jpg

Not only are the proportions perfect for Mary, the design is extraordinarily imaginative.
I love it how the buds are alternately created in pavé-set diamonds and moonstone, how the differently shaded leaves are placed asymmetrically but add up to a symmetrical overall picture, and how brooch and earrings vary rather than copy the tiara’s motifs.
Excquisite.
Hope she did NOT bear to part with it.

great photo!! thank yo so much!! but still it is not my cup of tea for tiara ! thought she looks brautiful1

When a young princess becomes of age, this would be a beautiful choice for a tiara for mom to pass on to her. I love it! I think it says Mary all over it. I hope it is now hers to keep.

I find the tiara really beautiful,too.I prefer precious stones,but this was a pleasant change.

becasue of the leaves remind me a tiara from the cesar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom