Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 3: June 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the diamond ring Mary wears sometimes on her right hand - you can see it in the official pictures

I call it the 'Princess Isabella christening ring' since she wore it the first time at this event. Five graduated round diamonds (3 larger stones in the and 2 small ones on the side) in between a split shank set with diamonds.

Is there a sapphire parure for her to wear? I do not ever remember seeing one.

No. The Queen has a beautful set of saphhire jewellry consisting of a necklace and brooches (don't know about earrings) but there is not sapphire-tiara.

Would that be the Russian Sapphire suite consisting of necklace, brooch and earrings?

i'm sorry, my english is bad, so it's complicated for me to give my point of vue
i don't know if CP Mary has sapphires, but, i think it's always better to coordinate color of dress with color of jewels, it's better also to coordinate heavy and thick fabric with heavy jewels. This dress is beautiful but seems "cheap" compared to the parure, color doesn't match with rubis color and it's a lot too fluid to be weared with this kind of jewels
I would have preferred this

http://i41.tinypic.com/34zel91.jpg

http://i2-images.tv2.dk/s/43/2276843...ac37545f2.jpeg

Well, if you have it, flaunt it! Her ruby parure is one of the most pretty ones around (together with Queen Silvia's sapphires IMO) and she does wear it so well. But then I don't see the problem in being bedecked with jewelry in Queen Mary style, the more the merrier so if I had it my way I would add even more jewels. And since my own flag has is red-white-blue, I don't have a problem with the colour combination.

As does mine, but I'm not so enthusiastic..:D

It would have to be, in my opinion, one of the least flattering evening gowns owned by the Crown Princess. It looks cheap (though we all know it isn't) and the detailing provides a costume like appearance. That I should very much dislike the colour blue, only added to the sigh that ensued upon viewing the portraits for the first time.

Beautiful use of jewellery, and pinning the parure brooch to the centre of the bodice would have added a nice touch, also. Perhaps next time...

I have to agree with many of you, I'm not crazy about the ruby suite with the blue dress, I prefer the rubies with a red, silver or black dress. Although I think that her wedding tiara would have been too small for this official portraits. I would have loved to have seen her in a new red or silver dress with the rubies.

I agree with all of you about the dress. Not my favorite. Diamonds or pearls or the aquamarines would have made the dress look better. I do love the jewels though!!!

I do enjoy seeing the full ruby parue make an outing. It is an amazing set of jewels.

Would that be the Russian Sapphire suite consisting of necklace, brooch and earrings?

Would you by any chance have a picture of this set please. I do not ever remember seeing them. Thanks so much:flowers:

Hmmmm I must agree. It is rather boring compared to some of the other ones isn't it. Thank you so much for taking the time to find and post the picture. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
You're most welcome, sweetheart...:)
It always seems (to my eyes) unpolished (though I'm sure it is), and the design is rather insipid. The brooch though looks quite lovely, infact, it's the nicest part of the suite.

The brooch is lovely and I like the earrings as well. But the necklace seems to lack lustre, especially the diamonds between the sapphire elements. Those surrounding the sapphires appear somewhat brighter. At least the sapphires are not as small as the rubies in the ruby parure. I am always a bit disappointed that especially in the necklace there are combinations of smaller rubies instead of glorious big ones.
I assume that for the official portrait it also was of importance that CP Mary wore jewels that are associated with her. So the sapphire set wouldn’t have done, even if there were a matching tiara.

The diamonds almost appear to be brown. Maybe Mary will rework this and turn the necklace into a tiara/necklace and make the beautiful brooch into a necklace/enhancer. I cannot believe someone like me could ever make a comment about something so beautiful. Like I even have a clue about the quality of something so beautiful. :ROFLMAO:

If i'm not mistaken Mary has used the earrings in three ways. The big version as in her pre wedding gala and latest official picture, a smaller version and the smallest in joachim's wedding.

Well, dear members, pardon me while I wax wrathful. Princess Mary is drop dead, pant, slurp drool GORGEOUS. The ruby parure is one of the most magnificent contraptions on the planet and NO her dress does not look cheap. The whole thing is just simply wonderful. And NO AGAIN. It is not overdone. I just wish she would have worn the brooch, but with the Order of the Elephant, I guess there was just not enough room. I personally would have gotten another dress of some sort and put that goodie somewhere. I would have even wrapped the O of the E around my waist and let it dangle and had the brooch planted somewhere on the bosom above it. My ideal of course, apart from Queen Mary of Blessed and Happy Memory, are all those Indian maharajas. They had no false modesty. They had hunks, and in some rare cases were hunks, and they flaunted like nobody's business. And you people nitpick about some demure Danish Princess. Now really!!!

Isn't that a picture from the New Year's reception? I thought that Mary wore the smaller version of the earrings for that event. I think that this pic is from the same group as the one that Madame Royale posted. Well, now I'm confused.

...My ideal of course, apart from Queen Mary of Blessed and Happy Memory, are all those Indian maharajas. They had no false modesty. They had hunks, and in some rare cases were hunks, and they flaunted like nobody's business. And you people nitpick about some demure Danish Princess. Now really!!!
I agree! Go big or go home!

This is a photomontage with one of the teardrops in the earrings. Princess Mary has only worn it two ways.

and NO her dress does not look cheap.

Each to their own. I know I wouldn't be bringing it out for her to wear again. I think two occasions and two portraits is quite sufficient. Let it now be stored in the far far FAR back corner of her wardrobe! ;)

Re: Brooch(stomacher) from Queen Ingrid Ruby Parure.

Was the ruby brooch(stomacher)from the Queen Ingrid Ruby parure last worn for the December 2004 Australian Vogue photoshoot with the purple dress or has it been seen after that photoshoot?

Does anyone know the origin of the rubies, their cut and the jeweller that designed the ruby parure?

Cheers and Thank you,

EaO.

:flowers::flowers::flowers:

I agree, she is just beautiful, dress looks wonderful and glad she wore all the jewels.

The diamonds almost appear to be brown.

I think that's the result of using yellow gold in the necklace, rather than white gold or platinum. Diamonds are clear gemstones for the most part, and pick up color from the settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom