Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 2: January 2006 - June2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's keep some perspective here. Mary's ruby and diamaond tiara is not everybody's favourite and it is quite OK for members to say so.

Warren
Royal Jewels moderator
phew, Warren, thanks, I was starting to get hives from being criticized by other people:ohmy: who have a hard time when people don't agree with you!

I have to say I personally hate this ruby parure/tiara thing. It's looks to me like a (very expensive) wreath of flowers on top of her head. . . . . .
Each to his own. Personally I love this parure, but am definitely not over-enthused by the way Mary has increasingly taken to wearing it as a headband. :eek:

Definitely not a good look as it renders the splendour of the tiara somewhat inconspicuous and out of balance with the earrings and necklace. :whistling:

As to any that do not agree, well, as grown-ups we must agree to disagree! :D

Coming to think about ruby parures: the Dutch RF do have the "famous" Mellorio parure..:rolleyes:. Maybe it's the colour of the stones, i don't know. I can't find many nice ruby jewels.

Last edited by a moderator:
but am definitely not over-enthused by the way Mary has increasingly taken to wearing it as a headband. :eek:
Great minds.

She wears it more in the kokoshnik fashion, or like you said, as a headband. I'm not terribly fond of that either and hope HRH, at some stage, starts wearing it as it should be (imo) worn.

However, the altered earrings of late look fantastic when worn with the tiara and certainly flatter a lady of 36.

I like that she hasn't worn the necklace either. Although feminine, it's rather expansive and hides her lovely neck and shoulder line. I think the tiara, earrings, brooch and bracelet are a great balance.

And perhaps the necklace could be altered at some stage. Would be nice to see that in a dissimilar variation also. The detatched pendants could then serve as contrasting broochs'. And if worn (underneath) with the parure brooch itself, could resemble a small stomacher which would be rather impressive.

I can't find many nice ruby jewels.
Yes, I'm not terribly fond of rubies either I must admit. Infact, they are probably me least favoured stone. Though given the design of the parure, I think rubies to have been the only choice.

It's the ivy leaves and their authenticity with shapes and size that capture me.

Last edited:
I like the way she wears the ruby parure. I didn't like in in the early days as she wore it low and imo made her face look big. Rubys are not my personal favorite either. I would love to see her in an amythest or aquamarine tiara, she seems to like these stones.

Do you see a possibility to make chages on her wedding tiara

could one add to it?

Do you see a possibility to make chages on her wedding tiara

could one add to it?

probably not easily or impermanently. From the pictures we've had of it it it seems like you'd have to solder any additions onto the tiara. IMO, due to the delicacy of the tiara I think it would look really bad if they just decided to tack some stuff onto it.

Yep, I still call it a 'thing'. Somehow it totally doesn't suit Mary, no matter how she wears it. Napoleon I or not, it's an odd piece of work. I think it's very hard to find a woman on who this would actually look good. It stands out to much and imo not in a good way.

I completely agree with you. The jewels that are on the tiara are very lovely, despite the overall appearance of the tiara.

It is a beautifully crafted 'thing':), but it always looks so totally out of place for me. It doesn't look good on Mary (and people, I don't say this to critizize Mary!!), maybe it would look better on a glamourous sort of blonde like Tatiana Blatnick or so (not that she would ever get to wear it). I don't know if I would be really pleased if my husband's grandmother left me something like this.

I think a tiara like that is beautiful because of its history, not necessarily because of its looks. Whenever I see it, I think of Desiree and the pomp and splendor of Napoleon's coronation. That is what makes it a majestic and regal 'thing'. my husband's grandmother can leave me something like that any time.

Rubies are not my favorite stone but this tiara is unique in tis own way. I think that it stands out so much is because it contrats so greatly with Mary's dark hair.
I feel that Mary wears the tiara beautifully.

I prefer the frame to a brown stovepipe. Usually, the wrapping is a dark brown but Mary's hair is much darker so it would still stand out. I wish Mary would get another tiara soon....:flowers:

Mary and Fred need to make a royal visit to one of the Arab countries where usually the visiting princess receives a lot of precious jewelty (like Princess Diana did)

Nooo :eek: These jewels usually are hmm, let's say: très, très big. Just a bit too much even when parted.

Mary and Fred need to make a royal visit to one of the Arab countries where usually the visiting princess receives a lot of precious jewelty (like Princess Diana did)
well at least she has hope, for when she becomes queen, she will have her lions share of jewells to wear and use. Thats not what can be said for the Belgian royals, even the Norwegian coffer are quite empty:ermm:

Mary has worn some beautiful jewelry in recent duties. I am wondering if anyone can post. I'm not good at rehosting pics.

Time to move to a new thread.

Part 3 can be found here.

¤

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom