The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 02:30 AM
Gentry

Any pics of either the collection or CP Mary wearing it?

Old 09-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichtenstein View Post
Any pics of either the collection or CP Mary wearing it?
Check out Danish Royal Watchers
Need to scroll down a bit. They also have a link to the Georg Jensen site on which jewelry Princess Mary is wearing.

-Ayvee

Old 09-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Courtier

Mary has also worn a great silver charm bracelet. The general concensus is it belonged to her mother.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Courtier

Perhaps someone better than I can post closeups of the jewelry Mary wore in New York. Several pieces she has worn so far are new, and a few we've seen before.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Royal Highness

This blog has some nice close up pictures of her jewelry. I think her coral set from the first day is from Marianne Dulong. At least, the ring looks like one of the models from Dulong's collection. I am in awe of diamond(?) earrings. They are huge and just stunning. Truthfully, I would expect such a piece to be worn by an Oranje princess.

royals.web-log.nl: Mary and Frederik's visit to New-York.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Royal Highness

I don't think those earrings in the last photo are diamond, at least not the large stones. I can't imagine taking such valuable earrings on a non-State Visit (if they are real). Then again, they look a little too real to be fake.....
Old 09-27-2007, 07:19 AM
Aristocracy

Mary's silver braclet in this photo http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ressemde_6.jpg from the Danish Royal Blog looks like the one from Tiffany's http://i22.tinypic.com/5mjzud.jpg also from Tiffany's is a pendant similar to the one Mary wears in the same picture http://i24.tinypic.com/14sf5e8.jpg
Old 09-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Courtier

It looks similar. But it is by Georg Jensen (the one that Mary wears) and can currently be found on their webpage.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
This blog has some nice close up pictures of her jewelry. I think her coral set from the first day is from Marianne Dulong. At least, the ring looks like one of the models from Dulong's collection. I am in awe of diamond(?) earrings. They are huge and just stunning. Truthfully, I would expect such a piece to be worn by an Oranje princess.

royals.web-log.nl: Mary and Frederik's visit to New-York.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I don't think those earrings in the last photo are diamond, at least not the large stones. I can't imagine taking such valuable earrings on a non-State Visit (if they are real). Then again, they look a little too real to be fake.....

They are real. The earring is also interchangeable with an amythest too I believe.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:44 AM
Royal Highness

Ooooo...I bet they're really pretty with Amethysts! Has she ever worn them that way?
Old 09-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Courtier

Yes, she has I believe. I think there is one more interchangeable stone too. It's either a different shape or color. I don't think I am confusing them. The Unofficial Crown Princess Mary Message Board is a good resource for all things Mary.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:37 PM

l think she tends to be simple whn it comes to jewellery , but l like her fashion sense even more
Old 10-06-2007, 07:19 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100 View Post
The pendant looked like pink sapphire and diamond. The ring looked like straight diamonds. I hope we get to see close ups.
Too pitty the pic of the pendant can't be found on Madeleines site any more. It clearly shows a pendant consisting of a light blue and a pink stone (maybe topas) I'm pretty sure they do symbolize a boy and a girl - Mary's children Wonder, who had the idea for this piece of jewelry.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Courtier

Mary is wearing a new ring(s) in Romania. Can anyone get a closeup?
Old 10-15-2007, 03:07 AM
Royal Highness

From my general perusial of CPM jewelry threads, is it correct to assume CPM favors amethysts and aqumarines?
I really like her emerald-cut diamond (or aquamarine?) post earrings she wears. Does anybody know more about them? Does she have an amethyst set as well?
Has CPMary worn the sapphire brooch she received from the Queen and wore at Christian's christening since then?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
From my general perusial of CPM jewelry threads, is it correct to assume CPM favors amethysts and aqumarines?
I really like her emerald-cut diamond (or aquamarine?) post earrings she wears. Does anybody know more about them? Does she have an amethyst set as well?
Has CPMary worn the sapphire brooch she received from the Queen and wore at Christian's christening since then?
I haven't seen Mary with the brooch since the christening - that is the only time I have seen it.
But, I could of course be worng. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Courtier

The sapphire brooch she wore for Christian's christening was seen again for the christening of Prince Sverre MAgnus in Norway. So, she has only worn this brooch twice.

As far as emerald cut stud earrings, Princess Mary has a pair in diamonds, amethyst, aquamarines and morganite.

Amethyst is her birthstone which is probably why she has a lot of jewelry with amethysts.

As for the aquamarines that she wears during gala events (aquamarine choker, aquamarine chandelier earrings, aquamarine teardrop earrings, huge aquamarine ring), I think she has a lot of these because the stones match the sash of the Order of the Elephant. Or perhaps she just likes the color of the stones.

-Ayvee
Old 10-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee View Post
As far as emerald cut stud earrings, Princess Mary has a pair in diamonds, amethyst, aquamarines and morganite.

-Ayvee
Thanks for the info. Morganite, huh? I've never heard of that stone before. After a little research I discovered that it is another name for pink beryl. Since I happened to be reading 'Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem and Metal Magic' I looked it up, and found the information to be very interesting. Were these by chance a gift from her husband?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Morganite, huh? I've never heard of that stone before. After a little research I discovered that it is another name for pink beryl.
Here's a link to the excellent 'Gem by Gem' website: Morganite. "Women the world over love morganite for its fine pink tones which radiate charm, esprit and tenderness."
Old 10-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Were these by chance a gift from her husband?
It's anyone's guess.

What has been reported in Danish magazines and also in Majesty magazine is that her diamond and aquamarine jewelry were gifts from Prince Frederik. Majesty magazine says these were given to Mary during her engagement period (before the wedding). Of course, this includes her engagement ring and the emerald cut diamond stud earrings she wore during the engagement interview.

The only other jewelry that has been reported as a gift from Prince Frederik is an amethyst necklace (oval amethyst with 3 briolette drops) which she wore when she took Prince Christian home from the hospital and also for the official photos.

As for morganite, this stone is considered as another option for October birthstones (for Prince Christian).

-Ayvee

Tags
crown princess mary, jewellery, mary, princess mary