Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 2: January 2006 - June2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how many times has mary worn a tiara either her wedding one or the ruby taira?

PrincessofEurope said:
how many times has mary worn a tiara either her wedding one or the ruby taira?

The ruby Tiara:
the Gala-Dinner at Christiansborg 2 days before her Wedding
the Gala-Performance at the Royal Theatre the evening before her Wedding
the New Years Court on 01. January this year

her Wedding Tiara
on her Wedding Day
70th birthday of Prince Henrik in June 2004
State-Visiti of the president of Bulgaria March 2006
60th birthday of King Carl XVI. Gustaf 30. Aopril 2006
Dinner for Parlament and Government on 25. October 2005

thanks stepan for your info she clearly prefers her wedding tiara as she has used it more than the ruby tiara

i think there will be many years before we see a other tiara on mary maybe not untill she one day will be queen

Mary owns all her jewelry except the red ruby parure. She only wears it on very special occassions as it is very heavy. She prefers her wedding tiara b/c of it's lightness.

She has purchased most of her jewelry or it was given as gifts. I can think of only two pieces from Margarethe the pearl bypass bracelet and the sapphire pin she wore at the Christening. Someone also mentioned the grape jewelry she wore in Germany was a loan but I don't know.

i do not know but is the tiara seems to look a bit odd. I sally like this tiara but she wears it more like a headband in my opinion

mims111 said:
This necklace Mary wore on New years reception... think it´s topaz and one big black pearl but I'm not sure :ermm:
Has anyone seen it before?
It's an oval amethyst with one black pearl. This is the first time she's worn it.

-Ayvee

Last edited by a moderator:
melmel said:
Does anyone know if the pearl bracelet she is wearing in the phote has her royal monogram on it. it looks like it but not i am not sure
It looks as if there is a monogram on it but it isn't Mary's which doesn't look like that. Could it be an M and an F intertwined?

Sofia Magdalena said:
It looks as if there is a monogram on it but it isn't Mary's which doesn't look like that. Could it be an M and an F intertwined?

It doesn't look like either monogram. Mary's monogram looks like this, and their joint monogram looks like this (sorry about the size)

I think it is just a random jewelled design!

Source: Kongehuset.dk, Kronprinsparret.dk

I was just looking at an image of the back cover of Geoffrey Munn's "Tiaras: A History of Splendor", and one of the women in the picture, the second one from the left, is wearing a tiara that looks almost exactly like Crown Princess Mary's wedding tiara! Could it be?

LadyK said:
I was just looking at an image of the back cover of Geoffrey Munn's "Tiaras: A History of Splendor", and one of the women in the picture, the second one from the left, is wearing a tiara that looks almost exactly like Crown Princess Mary's wedding tiara! Could it be?

Nope. I have the book too and at first glance, it looks that way but the number of spikes and the design are different. It certainly has the same look of having spikes topped with diamonds.

Princess Mary's tiara has 5 graduated hearts and 6 scrolls. In some jewelry books, the design is called flaming hearts.

-Ayvee

Last edited:
I really liked her earrings today (when leaving the hospital with her little babygirl). Are they new?

Looked like hoop-earrings with diamonds...

Dianedk said:
I really liked her earrings today (when leaving the hospital with her little babygirl). Are they new?

Looked like hoop-earrings with diamonds...

Better view of earrings from side2.no gallery:
http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/slideshow/126061/5.jpg

Looks like gold teardrop hoop earrings with tiny diamonds scattered in the bottom, burnished-set.

-Ayvee

Last edited:
^thanks for the picture, has anyone seen those before or is it a (birth) gift, do you think?

LadyK said:

I think I must have a different edition of the book. The back cover of mine shows two women sitting in a carriage, and neither of their tiaras look anything like Mary's.

ayvee answers the question at post #91.

Last edited:
I think this set on CP Mary is FABULOUS!

I think this picture is older now, but does anyone know about the jewelry?

attachment.php

Last edited:
I think this set on CP Mary is FABULOUS!

I think this picture is older now, but does anyone know about the jewelry?

This earrings first appeared during the Romanian State Visit to Denmark, March 16-17, 2004, before the couple's wedding. She also wore a 5-pearl strand choker with a huge emerald cut aquamarine surrounded by diamonds as the centrepiece. She was wearing the purple sari gown. She didn't wear the ring that evening.

The ring first appeared at a fashion show with Princess Alexandra on February 2005.

The speculation and what was written in Majesty magazine is that this aquamarine set came from Prince Frederik. We still have yet to see a nice aquamarine bracelet but she has this nice aquamarine earrings and another aquamarine chandelier earrings too.

I've often wondered why he chose aquamarines since Princess Mary's birthstone is amethyst but the aquamarines certainly match the sash of the Order of the Elephant really well.

-Ayvee

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary has a new pearl ring it looks like at the flemming christining. Also, she had a new bracelet at the Danneborg birthday. She also wore her Georg Jensen brown ring. Beautiful to the Danneborg. She wore her pearl and black petal pin to the Christening, which we've seen before. Nice new pink flower in her hair too. We haven't seen her wear a flower since her first official engagement.

I have noticed that Mary have worn only 2 or 3 tiaras when Maxima have wear many more tiaras. When to look photos of Google then you can see how much tiaras Maxima have. It's so strange - why is it so or am I mistaken? But fortunately Mary's tiaras are beautiful (especially Ingrid's tiara) :queen4:

It's pretty straightforward. Some of the Danish tiaras are reserved for the Queen's exclusive use, and the Dutch Royal House has a greater number of tiaras to begin with. It also helps that some of the Dutch tiaras tend to be quite versatile in being able to be refashioned and elements rearranged ("mix and match") without too much effort.

The Dutch jewels are held in a Foundation, and the "trustees" have been quite generous in allowing them to be shared around. Maxima appears to be taking full advantage of this largesse with, it must be said, great effect.

Any ideas on what Mary will receive as a baby present for the christening of Princess X? She got the but-i-full Connaught (?) sapphire brooch last time.

:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom