Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 1: December 2003-January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Cathérine Bergeyck@Jun 8th, 2004 - 7:35 pm
"men kaldes Hendes Kongelige Højhed Kronprinsesse Mary. "

Based on my (very) poor Danish this means: she shall be called Her Royal Highness Crownprincess Mary.

I've never seen her refered to as Mary Elizabeth.
you are right, she is known as Mary not Mary Elizabeth

So far, Mary has received some beautiful jewels!! Her engagement ring I love--would be perfect for me because ruby is my birthstone!!! :p :lol: :innocent:

Originally posted by stacy+Jun 8th, 2004 - 12:58 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stacy @ Jun 8th, 2004 - 12:58 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cathérine Bergeyck@Jun 8th, 2004 - 7:35 pm
"men kaldes Hendes Kongelige Højhed Kronprinsesse Mary. "

Based on my (very) poor Danish this means: she shall be called Her Royal Highness Crownprincess Mary.

I've never seen her refered to as Mary Elizabeth.
you are right, she is known as Mary not Mary Elizabeth [/b][/quote]
:huh: I don't know, some of the English pages on the offical website lists her as "Mary Elizabeth". I'm not sure but I'll go check on that...I like "Mary Elizabeth" better than just "Mary", though.

And I love those seriously big dark pearl drop earrings she wore to the theatre just after her engagement (the one where she wore that gold jacket for the first time). That was really beautiful.

Yes, I love her jewelry too. She has made very good choices in jewelry and clothing so far. Except for the one day she wore that clay colored outfit, to Copenhagen Town hall and the black Trivoli outfit. But otherwise she looks great. Jasl, are you no longer posting on royal blue?

Here's some more details and a close up of Mary's wedding tiara: http://www.royal-magazin.de/daenemark/wedding-tiara-mary.htm (first posted by Ursula from Royal Jewels of the World MB).

You can see that the base of Mary's tiara isn't straight. You can't notice it as much during the wedding because of the white veil behind it, but at the recent dinner for Prince Henrik, you can clearly see that the tiara's base isn't level (and sort of looks uneven) - now we know why (because the short spikes extend beyond the "base")!!!

So I think Mary should add another base to the tiara - doesn't have to be anything too difficult, perhaps just a straight line of diamonds, or just something to lift the current base of the tiara from the bottom. Well that's what I think anyway!! :p

Doesn''t she have a another tiara, the frederik give her, his grandmothers or am i wrong?
billie-jo

Originally posted by billie-jo@Jun 12th, 2004 - 3:43 am
Doesn''t she have a another tiara, the frederik give her, his grandmothers or am i wrong?
billie-jo
No, you're absolutely right billie-jo!!

So two tiaras: wedding one and Ingrid's ruby one. :flower:

Does anyone know whether the purple colour on Princess Mary's tiara is another stone that she's added on or if it's a light or something? Because on the wedding day, her tiara was purely silver!

Originally posted by tiff_tiff_tiff2000@Jun 12th, 2004 - 5:22 am
Does anyone know whether the purple colour on Princess Mary's tiara is another stone that she's added on or if it's a light or something? Because on the wedding day, her tiara was purely silver!
Hi!

That was puzzling me too. Because there's no veil, it looks to be the light or reflection from her hair making the stones appear purple.

:flower:

The Sunday Morning Herald here in Sydney had a picture of Mary at the Tivoli outing on its front pages. And you can sort of see that her earrings (which I thought were clear and white) have a pinkish tinge - very much like the choker she wore to the Romanian state dinner (where she wore the purple dress).

Does anyone else think so??

Picture of Mary and her earrings at Tivoli
Romanian state dinner

Ok I just had another look at it's not really the same :p but it sort of looks the same.

Just had another look and I'm totally confused :wacko: . Now I'm thinking, maybe it is the same.

Can anyone tell how many jewels mary has .
billie-jo

I really like her new tiara! It's not as ostentatious as other tiaras, but it's simplicity is simply elegant and matches her qyite well...Great job for picking it by the Queen and Prince Consort.

Some 1 have a nice pics from the last Mary neckless?

what was that nice necklace she was wearing yesterday? to the horse-thing ?

nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also ... these must be interesting days for her ... waking up to new jewelry by the bedside?

That one is nice too ... a bit chunky to my eyes.

Here is the one I was referring to in:

King Christian  Posted on Jun 15th, 2004 - 10:58 am
what was that nice necklace she was wearing yesterday? to the horse-thing ?

nice, eh!

I was really excited the other day I found two necklaces similar to the ones Mary wore to the Romanian state banquet. Now if I can find the one she wore to the art museum/horse show, and the one she wore to her first banquet.

Isn't that the British "Teck Crescent Tiara"???

Yes, that's it!

All I know about jewellery is that its either one I really like, or one I don't particularly like! :p But yes, that rings a bell. I thought it was the Rose and Crescent tiara, but the Teck Crescent tiara sounds more correct ;)

Originally posted by Alisa@Jul 11th, 2004 - 11:19 pm
I like the second one. :flower:
I also like the second one ~ the British Teck Tiara ~ It frames her face beautifully ... but, I'm perplexed on "how" the Danish Royal Family came by receiving it? :unsure: Can anyone help me out regarding this? Did it matriculate down through Queen Alexandra (from Denmark), wife of Edward the VII England?

Elizajane

The tiara still belongs to the British Royals but hasn't been worn for many years.

Originally posted by Elizajane+Jul 12th, 2004 - 5:38 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elizajane @ Jul 12th, 2004 - 5:38 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alisa@Jul 11th, 2004 - 11:19 pm
I like the second one. :flower:
I also like the second one ~ the British Teck Tiara ~ It frames her face beautifully ... but, I'm perplexed on "how" the Danish Royal Family came by receiving it? :unsure: Can anyone help me out regarding this? Did it matriculate down through Queen Alexandra (from Denmark), wife of Edward the VII England?

Elizajane [/b][/quote]
Unfortunately, Mary doesn't own the tiara ;) . I just manipulated the pics using Photoshop. I put the tiara on Mary's head.... but I think the ruby tiara is actually the best tiara for her!

gosh sooo much jewellery :)

im drooling w envy :) id probably be wearing that around my room if i had them haha!!!!

Ooooh, I love that brooch. Emeralds are my absolute favorite gems, and with Mary's dark hair and complexion, I'm sure she'd look spectacular wearing a full parure of them. Nothing against how she wears rubies, but to me, she was meant to wear emeralds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom