Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 1: December 2003-January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you guys think it's time for Alexandra to receive a piece and a pair of grand and elaborate historical necklace and ear-rings too??? Afterall, she has been working hard for the country and the royal family after all these years. I just think she shouldn't just be wearing her simple white-gold chain with a large gem or pearl drop necklaces anymore for grand occations. Just because Mary would be the crown princess, there shouldn't be such a big difference.

I think that it's strange too. It makes you wonder if the queen likes Mary more than Alexandra. Because otherwise I think she should have got some other piece of jewelry. But then againg, how many tiaras has the other princesses (who has married a prince)? Has for example Laurentien worn more than one tiara or a lot of diffrent necklaces?

Originally posted by Cissan@May 12th, 2004 - 10:25 pm
Don't you guys think it's time for Alexandra to receive a piece and a pair of grand and elaborate historical necklace and ear-rings too??? Afterall, she has been working hard for the country and the royal family after all these years. I just think she shouldn't just be wearing her simple white-gold chain with a large gem or pearl drop necklaces anymore for grand occations. Just because Mary would be the crown princess, there shouldn't be such a big difference.

I think that it's strange too. It makes you wonder if the queen likes Mary more than Alexandra. Because otherwise I think she should have got some other piece of jewelry. But then againg, how many tiaras has the other princesses (who has married a prince)? Has for example Laurentien worn more than one tiara or a lot of diffrent necklaces?
I understood that the ruby parure had been left to Frederick by his grandmother?

Surely if Alexandra wished to have another tiara too use there are many in the royal collection that she could loan.

Perhaps when Fred & Mary become King & Queen..........

CP Frederik was left the Ruby Parure by his Grandmother. I'm quite certain that Alexandra could borrow any of the tiaras in the family trust (I think that's what it's called) but for whatever reason, she doesn't. It could be because that one suits her so well, or she just isn't into big jewelery. If you notice, all her stuff is small and discreet.

WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

What a knock-out!!!! What an elegance, what a charm, every inch the fairytale princess!!!!!
The new Grace Kelly!!! What a grand lady!

Originally posted by Fireweaver@May 12th, 2004 - 11:06 pm
CP Frederik was left the Ruby Parure by his Grandmother. I'm quite certain that Alexandra could borrow any of the tiaras in the family trust (I think that's what it's called) but for whatever reason, she doesn't. It could be because that one suits her so well, or she just isn't into big jewelery. If you notice, all her stuff is small and discreet.
Unlike Sweden, it doesn't seems that Danish royal ladies are allowed to wear the jewels in the royal family's collection. They can only wear the ones given to them and the ones they bought. It's really a pity. I've seen Princess Lilian of Sweden wore different pieces from the Swedish family foundation this year for the Nobel Prize and Queen Silvia wear the pieces next year and so on. This system pays more respect to the people who's much older in age or who's more senior than you.

The necklace and the pair of earings are really grand and beautiful. But the tiara looks really weird of her head. May be she should try other hairstyles and wear it differently, may be more uprightly, not like how a Russian Grand Duchess wearing her kokoshnik like a big hairband.

Actually, the Queen's nieces have borrowed the family's tiaras. They've been spotted in the baden tiara and at least one other.

I would love to know more about Mary's wedding gift tiara. Supposidly it was a gift from HM Queen Margarethe and Prince Henrik, but, was made of Platinum, diamonds and South Dea Pearls? Oh What I would give to see a close up of the tiara, with out the veil so I could see it better!!! Can anyone help? Was it bourght from a jeweler?

it was her earrings that where made of platinium, diamonds and south sea pearl!!!

we don´t ( us in Denmark) know a lot about the tiara yet!

WE gona see the tiara better when Mary use her just with her black hair.
I beleive Mary gona have more jewels that any crwon princess.
Thanks the pics are amaizing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, because Mary just have more jewels than the others. Look for Princess Mathilde. Just have tha simple tiara. Until de wedding tiara still with the queen. And semes to me that queen is more generose. Normally the Princess stay with the wedding tiara Mary just have 2. And maibe Prince Frederik have more jewels that belong to is grand mother.
But that rubi tiara just beat any tiara from any crown princess until now.

I really like her earrings, very nice.

mary's new aquamarine choker with pearls which she wore for the romanian state visit says it all. no other crown princess has a choker as big as hers. i bet there will more jewellery from fred since she is his sun and moon. well.. just quoting from his wedding speech to mary.

When will mary wear the emerald tiara??? I want to see her in jewels fit for the queen she already is! :p :flower: :heart:

That's a good question. some auction houses will let you do searches of previous auctions, but, without a good closeup of the tiara (if only the white cap wasn't there :) ) it's hard to tell

;) Did Mary get more than one tiara or just one like Princess Alexandra? Was the tiara she wore to her pre-wedding party the same as for her wedding?

No, the tiara she wore before the wedding was from a set that belonged to Prince Frederik's grandmother. The tiara she wore for her wedding was a wedding gift from the Queen and Prince Consort, I believe. Hope that helps! Sorry, I don't have any pics, but there should be a whole bunch in the pre-wedding and wedding thread. :p

Did Mary get more than one tiara or just one like Princess Alexandra? Was the tiara she wore to her pre-wedding party the same as for her wedding?

No, the tiara she wore before the wedding was from a set that belonged to Prince Frederik's grandmother. The tiara she wore for her wedding was a wedding gift from the Queen and Prince Consort, I believe...

Princess Mary Elizabeth has two tiaras. The ruby tiara and the diamond tiara. Prince Frederik's grandmother, Queen Ingrid, once said that she wanted her grandson's future wife to have possession of her ruby tiara.

Her name is princess Mary, not Mary Elizabeth.

Mary Elizabeth Donaldson's formal title is H.R.H Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth of Denmark she can also be addressed as H.R.H The Crown Princess of Denmark, and informally she can be addressed as H.R.H Crown Princess Mary of Denmark.

The Official Website of the Danish Monarchy
http://kongehuset.dk/artikel.php?id=61052

"men kaldes Hendes Kongelige Højhed Kronprinsesse Mary. "

Based on my (very) poor Danish this means: she shall be called Her Royal Highness Crownprincess Mary.

I've never seen her refered to as Mary Elizabeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom