Crown Princess Máxima Jewellery 2: November 2006-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Welcome to the 2nd thread to discuss the jewelry of Princess Maxima of The Netherlands

The previous thread can be found
here

Well, she probably has the smallest collection of private jewelry of all the present crownprinceses, as most things she wore are part of a foundation and has to be shared.

I would like it if she would receive a new, personal tiara, as it brings something personal to the collection. I still wonder why the jewellers didn't give her a wearable tiara for her wedding, instead of the two unwearable monstrosities she got.

Does she have any own Tiara that belongs to her personal collection?
It doesn't seem so, right? :ermm:

The base of the Star Tiara she wore for her wedding belongs to the Pearl Button Tiara. Also the other tiaras all belong to the Dutch collection...
Which pieces belong to Máxima herself? Some earrings or necklaces?

I think she has very little personal jewelry, apart from the semi-precious or fake things.
I think the pearl necklace she wore at Sverre's baptism is her though. It was only seen first in Estonia worn by Maxima and I have never seen anybody else wearing it. The same goes for the moon-ish diamond brooch she wore at the baptism (and Beatrix' silver jubilee concert in The Hague) or the swan brooch she wore for the baptism of a ship a while ago.

New Emeralds for Princess Máxima

It looks like Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the Netherlands, The Princess of Orange, wore new earrings and in her hair it looks one of the brooches from the Emerald Parure, see this picture:

The only piece I can recognize is the diamond cross with the central emerald and the big cabochon emerald as a pendant. These earrings are new for me.
If that is so, then it is good news because up until now two prongs from the Emerald Diademe were used as earrings, see this picture:

If Princess Máxima's earrings are new, the Court Jeweller can create a diademe with five emerald prongs by placing the original prongs back. When they restore it to the latest setting, then Princess Máxima can wear five prongs again, as our fellow poster John once photoshopped in this picture:

:flowers:

Maxima wore the Pearl Tiara in Norway (again :flowers: ), but this time with the Pearls!

Pearl Tiara with the Pearls:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

In 2001 Maxima wore the Pearl Tiara in Oslo, too, when she attended the wedding of Haakon and Mette-Marit. She didn't use the Pearls back then.

Every tiara Maxima wears is lovely on her but the most radiant jewel is her radiant face.

Does anybody have more info on the brooch HRH wore in Turkey, with the red-pink outfit? I can not remember that I ever saw it before on any Dutch royal, so I assume it is a new one.

Funny that she wore the brooch that her family gave to the Queen btw (upon the arrival in Turkey).

NETHERLANDS AMSTERDAM DIAMOND MUSEUM

A visitor to the new Diamond Museum in Amsterdam looks at a replica of the tiara of Princess Maxima which she used during her marriage with Prince Willem-Alexander, on Wednesday 11 April 2007. The museum opened Wednesday 11 April 2007 with an exhibition of the Dutch Crown Jewels

Close-up of the Replica of the Star Tiara

Hmz, I was hoping that the museum would give Maxima some nice jewel. They had a portrait of Maxima (with the horrid triangle tiara) hanging outside their building (covering half of the facade) for almost two years now, so to make up for this a nice tiara would be appreciated ;)

I agree that every jewel shines in Princess Maxima in a special way for she is so merry and happy. Jewel suits much more in happy women.

Vanesa.

Is there anyone who has a closeup of the Green ring Maxima wore when there was the photocall with her family recently?

she has an amaizing collection of jewels, and is became larger day by day.In this topic just miss the tutifruty neckless that she were in the 40th anversary.

she has adorable jewels indeed! and an adorable mother-in-law who lets her use quite a lot of hers!

i loved the ones she wore for the 40th birthday celebrations of willem-alexander. any idea of who designed them? it seemed like the perfect match for her fucsia gown!

Cartier Tutti Frutti

It is most likely a necklace and bracelet and earrings (worn earlier, not this weekend) purchased by Cartier Paris.

From Cartier: "Tutti Frutti (Italian for "All fruits") is the name of a multicoloured line by Cartier. Necklaces, bracelets, brooches, pins, earrings and decorations for evening bags are decorated with multicoloured precious and semi-precious stones, joyfully mixing the colours of emeralds, sapphiers, rubies and other coloured stones.

Some of these precious stones are cut in leaf or flower shapes. Some versions have polished stones while others make a more robust appearance. The engraved stones are mounted in a platina frame. Tutti Frutti is a registered trademark of Cartier."

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the info, henri!

do you think this one is the one maxima is wearing? it's beautiful! good choice.

No, Maxima´s necklace didn´t have the shining blue sapphires below. I think Maximas necklace was a paste. I don´t understand why she would wear such a thing while the family has so many beautiful real necklaces around like Queen Wilhelmina´s birthday necklace or the necklace of sapphires that both would have suited this dress.

Not paste. The tutti frutti series comes with polished and more rough versions. The Daisy Fellowes Tutti Frutti necklace had polished cabochon sapphires while the Princess' necklace had rough and unpolished emerald or green semi-precious stones.

The Princess of Orange, with such a fantastic collection, would never wear paste for an highday in her spouse's life. That is beyond every logic, to neglect the glinstering diamonds and opt for fake. So the necklace is real, but with less expensive stones than the Fellowes' one, I assume.

I believe I'm the only one who thinks this set is ugly :rolleyes:. It's nice from an artistic view, to admire the workmaship, but not to actually to wear.
Does the set belong to the Queen or is this a gift from W.A. to Maxima?

Also does the House of Orange have Amethyst jewels? Sweden and Great Britain have stunning sets.

I think that CP Maxima's necklace was really beautiful, and she wore it quite well with her simple gown--there was also a matching bracelet, too. The whole ensemble worked for her. It is nice to sometimes see impressive jewels other than diamonds and I like the tutti-frutti design on her.

I have seen the Princess with matching earrings and bracelet, so I think a whole set has been purchased. Probably a gift of the Prince to his spouse. She looks like a person to me who can appreciate these unusual designs.

For so far I know the House of Orange-Nassau has no sets with amethysts. An explanation can be that diamonds, sapphires, rubies , emeralds and pearls were not only the most expensive jewels but also that the first three symbolize the national colours red, white and blue.

There is an aquamarine set indeed. And a growing set of turquoises and orange diamonds, which are still waiting to have more items added. There has been a wonderful diademe of diamonds with camées, the same material as Queen Silvia of Sweden's wedding diademe. Its whereabouts are unknown for me. I would not mind an amethyst set anyway. It should not be a too big problem for the Prince to purchase such a set for his spouse.

Originally Posted by Fashionista100 Is there anyone who has a closeup of the Green ring Maxima wore when there was the photocall with her family recently?
It is the photoshoot for Princess Ariane's second birthday. She is wearing it on her right hand. Any closeups would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comparison of the two Cartier necklaces

The one is the more polished Cartier Tutti Frutti necklace worn by Daisy Fellowes.

The other is the necklace worn by Princess Máxima of the Netherlands, in a setting with more rough cut stones.

The comparison was made on the RWJMB: see here.

This comparison learns that the Princess' necklace absolutely is a Cartier indeed, from their Tutti Frutti line.

Agreed Henri, Máxima's necklace is 100% a Cartier Tutti Frutti, there is no denying it :) Gorgeous necklace - would love to have it :rolleyes:

But what stones did they use for this tutti fruti necklace? Semi-precious ones I presume?

But what stones did they use for this tutti fruti necklace? Semi-precious ones I presume?

I think precious and semi-precious stones. The Daisy Fellowes necklace is clearly made with sapphires, diamonds, rubies and emeralds, the most expensive stones.

Princess Máxima's necklace, however in exactly the same design, contains other materials. But still I bet the firma Cartier de Paris will have sent a big fat bill to The Hague....

I absolutely loved the jewelry she wore this past weekend. I wish I had some Tuttifruitti! She looked fabulous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom