Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Majesty

I would like to know more about there earings Oorbellen- deel 2

Old 01-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

And the chandelier earrings, has she worn them before?

Old 01-24-2013, 11:44 PM
Serene Highness

Are there any other links to pictures from today that clearly show Maxima wearing the Hair Ornament? Those two links on the last page wouldn't load for me for some reason. Very annoying too!!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
This is beautiful! Especially the version Maxima wore to the wedding of Victoria and Daniel. I also loved it as a tiara!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Wonderful! Maxima is wearing a diamond hair comb of Queen Wilhelmina again. She already wore it at the pre-wedding of CP Victoria. But back then it was difficult to see because she wore it at the back of her head.
It's amazing how Maxima was able to take this small hair comb and, with some dramatic hair and a great dress, elevate it to the effect of a full tiara. I hope we see her wear this again.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Im so curious to know what kind of jewelry trunks Maxima and the Queen use for trips like this. Full day jewelry to Full night, it must be incredible.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Im so curious to know what kind of jewelry trunks Maxima and the Queen use for trips like this. Full day jewelry to Full night, it must be incredible.
I agree with you and can you imagine the security too!!!!! it not only the expensive pieces is the history that they have! just amazing! can't imagine her face the first time she went to the vaults to choose her wedding tiara!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post
It's amazing how Maxima was able to take this small hair comb and, with some dramatic hair and a great dress, elevate it to the effect of a full tiara. I hope we see her wear this again.
I really thought it was a tiara until I saw here on the jewelry thread that it was actually a comb. She did elevate it nicely to the look of a tiara with a hairstyle that set it off perfectly. Nice to see these pieces inventively worn.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:17 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Are there any other links to pictures from today that clearly show Maxima wearing the Hair Ornament? Those two links on the last page wouldn't load for me for some reason. Very annoying too!!
Have a look at this post - Queen Wilhelmina's Diamond Hair Comb.
It contains two of the clearest shots of the Hair Ornament that I am aware of.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Serene Highness

I already checked that out over at your page. :) I want to see how it looked on her yesterday. :)
Old 01-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I already checked that out over at your page. :) I want to see how it looked on her yesterday. :)
The last picture is of Maxima from January 24.
Here are two other pictures - another close up and a side view.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:19 PM
Heir Apparent

That's a nice close-up of the haircomb and those are some mighty big diamond nuggets in the earrings!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:40 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
That's a nice close-up of the haircomb and those are some mighty big diamond nuggets in the earrings!
The earrings are absolutely stunning! Maxima first wore them for a film première in 2011.
Princess Maxima's Diamond Drop Earrings

For the same première she donned another wonderful piece, Queen Emma's Aigrette.
Queen Emma's Aigrette
Old 01-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am totally crazy aboutthat hair clip it's gorgeous .... it looks amazing on Maxima ...
Old 01-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
The earrings are absolutely stunning! Maxima first wore them for a film première in 2011.
Princess Maxima's Diamond Drop Earrings

For the same première she donned another wonderful piece, Queen Emma's Aigrette.
Queen Emma's Aigrette
Both are beautiful pieces,was lovely to see Queen Emma's Aigrette again!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

It seems like she has worn these chandeliers before 2011. I will have to check my scrapbooks to be sure. I believe they were a birthday present. I might have read that here per our expert lucien. I will go back and check, it may take awhile!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm so glad that Maxima has carte blanche access to the Dutch jewel vault. She trots out some amazing pieces and wears them with such versatility and style.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
It seems like she has worn these chandeliers before 2011. I will have to check my scrapbooks to be sure. I believe they were a birthday present. I might have read that here per our expert lucien. I will go back and check, it may take awhile!
I would really appreciate if you did!
I seem to remember seeing these earrings in 2010 or 2011 as well but didn't manage to find any photographic evidence of it.

@ Baroness of Books
I agree, it's so nice to see a Royal House that isn't afraid to showcase their jewellery collection. And what's more, not just the Queen and Princess Maxima - other royal ladies dazzle in jewels too. I'm fast becoming a DRF jewellery addict.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:44 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Queen Wilhelmina's Diamond Hair Comb

Images have been cropped (less than 10%) and aren´t subject of copyright
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	combo.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	287815  
Old 01-27-2013, 04:51 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

That's a great close up, thanks for posting it, Salma!

Closed Thread

Tags
jewellery, maxima, princess maxima