The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
The Tutti-frutti necklace looks lovely. Love it!

Old 03-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
I've always loved CP Maxima's Tutti Fruity Jewelry: She wore the bracelet at last nights event HERE: [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto. The earrings look like diamond and sapphire.
I love it too Patra! It takes special taste to appreciate it. Some hate it but you and I are special so we love it......

Old 03-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalgertjan View Post
I don't know! Perhaps a gift from her husband Willem Alexander of something from the Vault
Thanks And the tutti fruti necklace and bracelet are borrowed or were bought by Willem Alexander?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

they were bought at auction for Maxima from her husband.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:36 AM
Nobility

I always thought that the necklace was borrowed - I did not know that it belongs to Maxima.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:24 AM
Royal Highness

This necklace was sold at auction (I think in Christie's) few years ago. W-A could be a buyer (the most possible) or buyer lent this piece to Maxima.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Thanks for info. The necklace and bracelet are very expensive and beautiful jewels.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Heir Apparent

At first I did not like her engagement ring but then it grew on me.I like how unique it is.The colored stone is gorgeous.Though I personally would not wear it.Personally,I would replace the stone with a regular diamond for me.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Royal Highness

Very Nice Ring , I Love Yellow Stone Very Much
Old 03-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Is that a yellow diamond in Maxima's ring? Those are nice stones, but I'd also go for the conventional white diamonds. I don't like the setting, though.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:06 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, I think it's yellow diamond, which looks a little orange and is a reference to the House of Orange-Nassau.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Majesty

The engagement ring is definitely very pretty, but like others have said, I'd go for a conventional white diamond (or a light blue one). The bracelet and necklace in the earlier post are very pretty too. She has a unique taste in jewelry.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Is that a yellow diamond in Maxima's ring? Those are nice stones, but I'd also go for the conventional white diamonds. I don't like the setting, though.
The central stone of Maxima's engagement ring is a unique oval orange diamond. It was a highly symbolic choice since the reigning House of the Netherlands is the House of Orange-Nassau. Orange is also the historic national colour of the Netherlands and, up until the 17th century, was on the country's flag (now, it's the Prince's Flag). And of course, Prince Willem-Alexander is The Prince of Orange.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:38 AM
Aristocracy

Maxima's Flowerearrings from Simons Juwelier: Designer: Simons Juwelier
Old 03-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
The central stone of Maxima's engagement ring is a unique oval orange diamond. It was a highly symbolic choice since the reigning House of the Netherlands is the House of Orange-Nassau. Orange is also the historic national colour of the Netherlands and, up until the 17th century, was on the country's flag (now, it's the Prince's Flag). And of course, Prince Willem-Alexander is The Prince of Orange.
I personally LOVE Maxima's engagement ring, it is symbolic, and tastefully designed, imo. Was thinking that when she becomes Queen one day, how lovely it would be to have a parure comprising of a tiara, necklace with earrings and a bracelet as her signature pieces that would incorporate this rare orange diamond.

The following http://www.duroje.org/Mellerio_Ruby_Parure.htm could be adapted as such, as it was originally designed for sapphires, but now has the ruby as the center stone- maybe she should put that on WA's wish list...............
Old 03-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Ruby Peacock Tiara

I love the unique design of this tiara.The rubies are beautiful! I also love that you can wear it in a lot of ways.Though it's not one of my favorites,I still find it interesting!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Its not my favorite either, I much prefer the Merillo ruby tiara. but, Maxima looks so good in rubies...no pun intended!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Royal Highness

The Ruby Peacock Tiara It’s Very Nice , and Looks very Nice On Princess Maxima Thanx IloveCP
Old 03-15-2012, 10:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't care that much for the ruby peacock tiara, but those pictures of Max wearing it with her hair up and with that gorgeous ruby and diamond necklace are just breathtaking.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Serene Highness

The ruby peacock tiara certainly has a unique design .

Tags
jewellery, maxima, princess maxima