The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

I do think that there are at least 2 tiaras the Queen uses that I've not seen on anyone else. The large sapphire one and her wedding pearl one.(I forgot the names) There also seem to be some jewels in the Dutch vaults that haven't been seen for years due to the Queen's more conservative taste or so goes the story....So your right IMO muriel, there will be some cache in that some jewels we will not see on her yet. NO Rush IMO!!!

Old 07-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
So your right IMO muriel, there will be some cache in that some jewels we will not see on her yet. NO Rush IMO!!!
Exactly my point!

Old 07-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Maxima's bracelets are amazing! Real diamonds, I suppose? Thanks for sharing, Humera!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thank you Humera!

The first picture of June 19th shows a diamond watch that belonged to Queen Juliana. The 1st bracelet on June 18th is part of the brokn up bracelet of the East Indies, a gift to crown princess Juliana for her wedding by the Dutch East Indies. The smaller bracelet worn on the 19th might also be part of the reset bracelet. The large bracelet on June 19th I have only seen on Máxima, she wore it at the wedding in Copenhagen and maybe also in Oslo.

The earrings worn on June 18th might have been a gift from a monarch from the UAE. They first showed up during the state visit of Michelle Bachelet (Chile), just after the prince and princess made a tour in Dubai and the UAE.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Very interesting.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:02 AM
Nobility

[QUOTE=Humera;1114393]June 18 - concert
Maxima's earrings, bracelets, ring and hair ornament

I am really curious about the ring CP Maxima is wearing here too.
Any information about it? It is very Art Deco like - similar to the one Pr Charles gave to Camilla as engagement ring.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I do think that there are at least 2 tiaras the Queen uses that I've not seen on anyone else. The large sapphire one and her wedding pearl one.(I forgot the names) There also seem to be some jewels in the Dutch vaults that haven't been seen for years due to the Queen's more conservative taste or so goes the story....So your right IMO muriel, there will be some cache in that some jewels we will not see on her yet. NO Rush IMO!!!
There is also the huge stuart diamond tiara and its matching Parure which is reserved for the Queen. But Beatrix has never worn a part of it. At the moment the big diamond and pearl tiara are the only tiaras who have only worn by Queen Beatrix. But both Juliana has worn a big tiara as Crown princess (the bigdiamdon and sapphire tiara) and Beatrix also wore the diamdond and sapphire tiara and the diamond and pearl tiara as Crown Princess.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 07-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

All her jewels were just TOO STUNNING for words that weekend,IMO the best huge ancient and so beautifully set the watch OMG thanks to all of you who posted really fantastic pisturesof them I have so totally enjoyed them.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE=countess felicitas;1116181]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
I am really curious about the ring CP Maxima is wearing here too.
Any information about it? It is very Art Deco like - similar to the one Pr Charles gave to Camilla as engagement ring.
I don't have any information on the ring except I first noticed it after the birth of her 3rd child.(maybe a gift from hubby?) It is gorgeous!!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

August 24-25, 2010

Princess Maxima in Greece:
  1. cocktail party
  2. wedding - I love the earrings, perfect match for the dress.
original images have been heavily cropped and are not subject to copyright
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-4.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	274656   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-5.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	274657  
Old 08-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Royal Highness

Huge earring-gorgeous, I want them!
At the wedding CP wore nice jewelery, earrings suit to the dress and diamond bracelet is really nice.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thought Maxima has looked gorgeous her as well not a fan of huge earrings but they really suit her IMO and the bracelet is again GORG.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Heir Apparent

i thought some people may want to know that princess maxima's wedding tiara is being displayed at the expo shanghai 2010. i was there some days ago and had the pleasant surprise of finding it! it is there to show the netherland's history of diamond cutting and a beauty to see live, in case you are in shanghai and visit the expo!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-27-2010, 12:53 AM
Nobility

I know this may seem like a dumb question, but does Princess Maxima have her own tiara, like Princess Mary does or are they all property of the state?
Old 08-27-2010, 07:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wow carlota! How great for you!!!

From my understanding, and of course I could be off my rocker...All the Dutch jewels are held in state for all to enjoy.(princesses and TheQueen of course)but, Maxima does have some wonderful jewels of her own. I think what Mary wears are hers personally.(except when she borrows from jewelers etc...)
Old 08-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Commoner

The earrings Maxima wore to Victoria's wedding and the ones in the photo with the diamond bracelet look to be the same, just with a different gem at the bottom. At Victoria's wedding they were diamond, in the second photo they appear to be aquamarine or blue topaz (in the post from Humera).

I wish I could post them side by side, but I have no idea how to do that.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have also seen the same earrings with citrine and ruby. I love how the Dutch jewels come apart. The combinations are endless!
Old 08-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Maxima is the best one when it comes to jewels, IMO. The Dutch jewels are really beautiful!
I like both the earrings, they both go very well with the dresses.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Royal Highness

I'm also fan of Dutch jewels.
This site is great http://www.royaldutchjewels.nl/
It's good that the ladies are sharing the jewelery. CP Maxima always can found something interesting.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
I have also seen the same earrings with citrine and ruby.
do you remember which events she wore them to and when?

Tags
jewellery, maxima, princess maxima