Crown Princess Máxima Jewellery 2: November 2006-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Maxima's new necklace based on Egyptian Revival styles? I adore that genre; the only other "royal" piece I can think that has this kind of design is the scarab necklace that belonged to Margaret of Connaught (that Princess Lillian of Sweden now wears).

What lovely necklaces! Kudos to Maxima!:flowers:

The one is the more polished Cartier Tutti Frutti necklace worn by Daisy Fellowes.
Thanks for the close-up.:)
You know, when looking only at the necklace, it's not as ugly. That garish neon pink gown distracts the eye.
Is there a close-up of the bracelet and is there a picture of the earrings?
Is this "Tutti Frutti" line vintage? If so you probably looking at a Million$ worth of jewelry!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don´t think this necklace is worth a million euros. Not even 10.000 euros I think. The stones are really not that special and I doubt that the Prince of Orange or Maxima herself has so much money in their pocket to indulge in these things. And if they can indulge I would hope they would have bought a more usefull piece. For millions one could buy the Paridot Parure of Archduchess Isabella for example.

It will be very expensive anyway / and yes it is vintage

From the Herald Trbune January 10th 2006 on a Cartier exposition:

"Those pieces include a fresh version of the colorful "Tutti Frutti" necklace and a platinum "Chimère" bracelet, set with emeralds and sapphires, in which the mythical beast wraps round the wrist in a miracle of craftsmanship that required 2,000 hours of work."

The Tutti Frutti line by Cartier was created in the 1920's and is, at present, a registered trademark of the famous jeweller.

The stones may be rather mediocre, it is the unbelievable amount of work, and of course the name Cartier, which will make it expensive enough to send a nice bill to Madame la Princesse d'Orange, La Haye.

:cool:

I have seen Tutti Frutti earrings for sale for some € 11.000,-- (appr. $ 15,000.--) so we may be sure the set (collier, bracelet and earrings) will cost at least around € 35.000,-- (appr. $ 48,000.--), depending in the materials.

But didn´t the Herald Tribune write about the Tutti Frutti necklace, with the sapphires etc, not to Maxima´s necklace. I assume the stones in Maxima´s necklace would be much easier to shape than real emeralds, sapphires etc and thus it would take less hours and less money. But I know next to nothing of tutti-frutti stuff, give me real diamonds any day ;)

I like the colours of Princess Maxima's necklace a lot better than than the Daisy Fellowes one, even if the latter IS made of precious stones. I wonder if Maxima's necklace is made mostly of tourmaline; it's an unusual colour, even for semi-precious stones.

Here's a scan of the cover of the Cartier Exhibition booklet showing the Daisy Fellowes' Cartier Tutti Frutti necklace, created in 1936.
It is made of platinum, briolet-sapphires, carved emeralds, sapphires, rubies, emerald beads, and diamonds.

The Tutti Frutti style is something you either like, or don't. I viewed this necklace up close in Sydney and wasn't impressed; others, however, oohed and aahed.
The ear-pendants (platinum, gold, carved emeralds, enamel beads, and diamonds) have a bit more style.

Thank you for posting that dinoscorp. Between 340.000 and 360.000 euro, that is expensive indeed! The set is rather different from what they have now so it actually adds something to the collection, but personally I prefer more classical stuff. However, the necklace suits Maxima and her personality perfectly.

Welcome at TRF by the way, I hope you will enjoy your time here.

dinoscorp said:
...my brother is a goldsmith and stonesetter at Cartier Paris...The set worn by Maxima was valued by my brother between 340.000 and 360.000 euro.
And according to my brother we might have another surprise within the near future regarding Maxima's jewelry...
Is Cartier Paris aware that your brother is breaching the confidentiality of their private clients?

Were dinoscorp's messages deleted? I could have sworn I read them this morning?

Not a criticism, just a question.

Well Done Warren! I thought the same thing myself.

Well at least we had the oppertunity to read these interesting posts.
But somehow I don't think well have more of these revealing stories. :ermm:

The troonopvolgers website however has some information about the multicoloured earrings from Princess Maxima. They are from H.Stern.

It seems they cost almost $20.000, the Stern site doesn't mention prices however thus it seems the Troonopvolgers website contacted Stern

for more info see Troonopvolgers!: Máxima's kleding en oorbellen

Picture

The price for the earrings is listed in the bottom of the picture. DVF Harmony is available for sale at other stores like neimanmarcus.com and bergdorfgoodman.com and they have the price listed on some of the collection.

I do remember H.Stern having the price listed on their site awhile back on Princess Maxima's earrings the first time she wore them. I think this is when the picture you posted was copied. But with prices of gold/platinum going up, I'm sure the earrings are higher than what's listed in the photo.

-Ayvee

quite an adorable pair of earrings! maxima really has amazing jewelry. i wonder if she buys is herself, if they are presents or whether they belong to beatrix or other member of the family and they share them...

Yes, I really like those earrings. There are quite versatile as well, you can wear them with any color of the stones and either wear them long or short.
She's got one heck of collection of jewelry... :cool:

merge

It seems they cost almost $20.000...
The prize is mentioned in the picture: $ 19,647.
quite an adorable pair of earrings! maxima really has amazing jewelry. i wonder if she buys is herself, if they are presents or whether they belong to beatrix or other member of the family and they share them...
As these earrings are new and worn by Princess Máxima, we may assume it belongs to her private jewelry cassettes at Villa Eikenhorst. Most likely these belong to her personal jewelry collection and will be given to or inherited by her daughters instead of to be given in the ownership of the Foundation Crown Properties House of Orange-Nassau. I have the idea only the jewels which are 'subservient for maintaining the dignity of the kingship by the King and/or the King's House' are placed in the Foundation. Then we are talking about the grandest jewels, or parures, or historical heirloom jewels.

Who's the designer of her engagement ring ?

There are diamonds (sure) and an orange diamond ?

I like the orange diamonds Maxima is wearing, I hope one day she has a full parure of orange diamonds:wub:

The jeweller is Steltman in The Hague. It was said at the time the prince 'designed' the ring. However the design was made by Brom.
Oh and Yes. It is a very rare orange diamond.

I'm sure that sweet little Catharina-Amalia, the future Princess of Orange/Queen of the Netherlands will enjoy playing dress-up with these orange jewels too.

The troonopvolgers website however has some information about the multicoloured earrings from Princess Maxima. They are from H.Stern.
It seems they cost almost $20.000, the Stern site doesn't mention prices however thus it seems the Troonopvolgers website contacted Stern
for more info see Troonopvolgers!: Máxima's kleding en oorbellen - Picture
It's the complete collection and I consulted about the price
The big one cust R$ 15.200,00 reais = U$ 7.000,00 dollars
The ring cust R$ 17.640,00 reais = U$ 8.320,00 dollars

Picture

I just LOVE her Pomelatto Baby Rings.. It's sooo expensive though! And she has 3!! *jealous*

I LOVE the watch in the previous picture.

Just a quick FYI comment. In US dollars you don't put a period unless it is to denote cents. Meaning in one of the above posts someone stated the dollar amount as 20.000. What they really should have said was 20,000. To use the period with the comma it could be 20,000.00. The only reason I say that is if you put a peroid it might be confused with a different amount of currency. I know some other currencys use . instead of , so it can be confusing.

I wonder do the tiaras are real or she use fake ones? I was thinking there are very expensive jewellery I presume she is going with a lot of security around, bodyguards,etc.... everytime she is using all this???
I read in the frist threat about some people do not like some of the tiaras, I must say I think regardles if there are nice or not, I would not mind to have on of this ones on my head even the ones that some members wrote it was owfaul!

The tiaras used by the royals are real. (at least any that I know of) That is some of the reason they are so special. Even the tiara Maxima wears that looks so cheesy (the diamond festoon) is real.

The royals do wear paste sometimes, necklaces, bracelets, and etc, but as far as I know, never tiaras!

Thank you LadyK.,
sorry that i ask and apologize for my ifnorance, but what do you mean by "paste"?
Sometimes I thought that may be it was a good imitation becasue I imagine they are very valuable and they travel with them to other countries etc.... they must travel with a lot of bodyguards I can imagine....
I worked with Holiday on Ice and Ice Capades we had a lot of costume jewellery and I tell you it looks so real that it is incredible!

I love that watch from post #55. One of my favorite things about royal princesses is the clothes and jewelry I get to see them wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom