Crown Princess Máxima Jewellery 2: November 2006-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think it's yellow diamond, which looks a little orange and is a reference to the House of Orange-Nassau.

The engagement ring is definitely very pretty, but like others have said, I'd go for a conventional white diamond (or a light blue one). The bracelet and necklace in the earlier post are very pretty too. She has a unique taste in jewelry.

Is that a yellow diamond in Maxima's ring? Those are nice stones, but I'd also go for the conventional white diamonds. I don't like the setting, though.
The central stone of Maxima's engagement ring is a unique oval orange diamond. It was a highly symbolic choice since the reigning House of the Netherlands is the House of Orange-Nassau. Orange is also the historic national colour of the Netherlands and, up until the 17th century, was on the country's flag (now, it's the Prince's Flag). And of course, Prince Willem-Alexander is The Prince of Orange.

Last edited:
The central stone of Maxima's engagement ring is a unique oval orange diamond. It was a highly symbolic choice since the reigning House of the Netherlands is the House of Orange-Nassau. Orange is also the historic national colour of the Netherlands and, up until the 17th century, was on the country's flag (now, it's the Prince's Flag). And of course, Prince Willem-Alexander is The Prince of Orange.

I personally LOVE Maxima's engagement ring, it is symbolic, and tastefully designed, imo. Was thinking that when she becomes Queen one day, how lovely it would be to have a parure comprising of a tiara, necklace with earrings and a bracelet as her signature pieces that would incorporate this rare orange diamond.

The following http://www.duroje.org/Mellerio_Ruby_Parure.htm could be adapted as such, as it was originally designed for sapphires, but now has the ruby as the center stone- maybe she should put that on WA's wish list...............

Last edited:
Its not my favorite either, I much prefer the Merillo ruby tiara. but, Maxima looks so good in rubies...no pun intended!

The Ruby Peacock Tiara It’s Very Nice , and Looks very Nice On Princess Maxima :flowers: Thanx IloveCP

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care that much for the ruby peacock tiara, but those pictures of Max wearing it with her hair up and with that gorgeous ruby and diamond necklace are just breathtaking.

The ruby peacock tiara certainly has a unique design .

I have never seen this set before. Is it new?
I do like the earrings. I somehow can imagine the necklace as a tiara.
I wish Maxima hadn't worn it over the dress.

Royal Concertbuilding Orchestra
March 17, 2012: Earrings & necklace

Images have been cropped and are not subject of copyright

Dazzling I think these jewels are new I have never seeen them before.

Attachments

• paris.jpg
    paris.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 271
Pretty little set for Maxima, especially the earrings.

I think it's appropriate jewelry for an evening at the opera. I like the set, especially the earrings, but am still trying to decide if I like the necklace with that dress. Somehow, it should work, but I don't get the full impact and I'd like to see this with an open neckline or strapless dress. It does look like it could convert to a tiara, as others have said.

Last edited:
I have never seen this set before. Is it new?
I do like the earrings. I somehow can imagine the necklace as a tiara.
I wish Maxima hadn't worn it over the dress.

That's what I thought too; the necklace looks like a convertible tiara. If so, I hope we will see Maxima wear it one day. The earrings are absolutely gorgeous.

I love the earrings most also. The necklace I think I would prefer on skin but Maxima looks beautiful.

Very Nice Earing & Neckless , Thank you Carlota for Posting :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The set seems new, and considering the recent visit to Oman I wouldn't be surprised if it would be a gift from a sultan or sheikh. TBH, I can't imagine her or the the RF's jewel foundation acquiring this set. The earrings are nice enough, but the necklace looks very 'barbie'. And let's hope it will never be used as a tiara, it will make whoever is wearing it look like a prom queen.

---
Regarding the peacock tiara: I think that Máxima didn't wear it very well. It looked best (by far) on princess Irene. But I am happy that the piece is being used again!

I love the earrings, but not sure about the necklace. I'd love to see it as a tiara though.

Royal Concertbuilding Orchestra
March 17, 2012: Earrings & necklace

Images have been cropped and are not subject of copyright

Dazzling I think these jewels are new I have never seeen them before.

Me neither. They look splendid, but I can't say I'm mad about their design. I would never wear those.

I'd like to see a better photo of the brooch, but the emerald set is beautiful. Love those drop earrings!

Maxima's jewels are the best of all the CP's and that is saying something as they all have the most stunning loot. So it always begs the question why does Maxima wear the horible Betty Rubble stuff??? which does nothing for her and usually makes the outfits appear more tragic IMO.The last few posts of her jewels are really stunning thanks

i have always loved this pic. You can see the brooch is a double clip said to be a gift from a state visit...who knows right?

Attachments

• 06102750.jpg
    06102750.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 217
I don't think I posted right again...sorry Warren

I'm dying over the size and color of those pearls. Are they Tahitian or South Sea? I never know the difference. Those dangling earrings are just stupendously gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom