Crown Princess Máxima Jewellery 2: November 2006-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people compare them to lollipops. I see light bulbs. The entire thing resembles a contraption one might find in a mad scientist's laboratory.

Last edited by a moderator:
This one of my all-time favorite conversion period. It's so well done and so pretty.

Agreed.
The only thing that would make this tiara better would be if it can convert back to a necklace.

True because otherwise there is no matching necklace to the mellerio sapphire tiara anymore. Not that it was worn as parure often in the last years but i hope that Queen Máxima will also wear afull parure for big Events.

IMO Maxima has the best "jewel box" of all the CP's and yet she insists on wearing all that chucky stone age stuff that IMO appears ridulous on her I love all here genuine jewels they are so perfect...

From last night's concert here are Maxima's ruby, emerald, and sapphire and diamond earrings and bracelets and diamond bracelets. http://i49.tinypic.com/34xfgd1.jpg
Difficult to be sure from the pictures, but I think the earrings could be Indian "Kundan" jewellery. This is a very old style of jewellery dating back to the Mughal times, and typically these are made of gold, with coloured enamed (red, green and blue being the usual choice). Often they can be encrusted with uncut diamonds and other precious stones.

Princess Michael of Kent also has a large kundan demi-parure, which she has worn on at least two occassions with a plain red dress. The last time was at the 70th birthday party for King Constantine of Greece a few years ago.

The sapphire tiara was worn so perfect on Maxima. It just gets lost on Princess Margriet. and what about those sapphire earrings, just so gorgeous and the bracelets. There vault just goes on and on.

Yes, I noticed the bracelets in two appearances also. Gorgeous. it looks to me like emerald, saph and ruby.

The earrings are stunning and the bracelets are beautiful IMO stay wit hthe reall thing and she looks divine.

Well, she is the only member of the RF who actually wore an impressive watch recently:

Diamond Watch

a 50th birthday present for Queen Juliana, which has only been worn by the princess after Queen Juliana died IIRC. Sadly she didn't wear it this time.

It might have been a tad too much with her other jewels,I might be alone here but I don't like Queen Juliana's diamond watch.

That looks more like a bracelet than a watch, but I have to say I don't like the band too much and overall, it looks too bulky.

Even if Max had worn a watch with a gold or silver band, not necessarily a diamond one, it would have looked nicer with her jewels than her strap watch.

Last edited:
I agree with Baroness of Books -more of a bracelet than a watch! It's so beautiful!

That's some watch! It looks great on Maxima. Because she is so tall and larger boned, it seems, she can get away with more bulky jewlery. (not some of her Betty Rubble costume stuff though)

Completely agree with your statement, Frelinghighness! With a frail,thin structure those bulky jewels would look oversized and strange,but on Maxima pretty much anything goes;-)
I find the Diamond watch very interesting,great craftmanship & impressive design. Again-I would never wear such an ostentatious piece,but on CP Maxima it looks absolutely stunning & spectacular!

And she is able to wear the "in the bracelet hidden watch" on Big White Tie events as well - without breaching the law not to wear wristwatches at Big Gala events.
Really clever :lol:
BYe Bine

Oh, I did not know about such a law...I would break it without knowing;-) When I am at glamourous events, weddings etc. I usually take a ladylike and elegant watch that I don´t wear for everyday.
Very smart,CP Maxima,to dodge that rule so elegantly and nice by chosing this bracelet-watch :clap:

I don't think there is such a rule, not nowadays anyway.
Queen Elizabeth regularly (almost always, really) wears her diamond or gold watches to state banquets or gala - and she should know all the rules well enough.

The pearls are stunning I am speechless and then she goes and wears all those silly bits of wood from her ears ... the photos are stunning.

Those pearls indeed leave me speechless; they look larger than marbles. I actually love those earrings more than the necklace. When they look as large as that, the pearls remind me of the popbead necklaces I had when I was a child. But I wouldn't quibble if I got a strand of those beauties!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom