Crown Princess Máxima Jewellery 2: November 2006-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a nice close-up of the haircomb and those are some mighty big diamond nuggets in the earrings!

I am totally crazy aboutthat hair clip it's gorgeous .... it looks amazing on Maxima ...

It seems like she has worn these chandeliers before 2011. I will have to check my scrapbooks to be sure. I believe they were a birthday present. I might have read that here per our expert lucien. I will go back and check, it may take awhile!

I'm so glad that Maxima has carte blanche access to the Dutch jewel vault. She trots out some amazing pieces and wears them with such versatility and style.

It seems like she has worn these chandeliers before 2011. I will have to check my scrapbooks to be sure. I believe they were a birthday present. I might have read that here per our expert lucien. I will go back and check, it may take awhile!
I would really appreciate if you did! :flowers:
I seem to remember seeing these earrings in 2010 or 2011 as well but didn't manage to find any photographic evidence of it.

@ Baroness of Books
I agree, it's so nice to see a Royal House that isn't afraid to showcase their jewellery collection. And what's more, not just the Queen and Princess Maxima - other royal ladies dazzle in jewels too. I'm fast becoming a DRF jewellery addict. :D

Queen Wilhelmina's Diamond Hair Comb

Images have been cropped (less than 10%) and aren´t subject of copyright

Attachments

• combo.jpg
    combo.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 317
That's a great close up, thanks for posting it, Salma! :flowers:

Attachments

• earrings21.jpg
    earrings21.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 435
That is a beautiful closeup; in a way it reminds me of Queen Victoria's small sapphire and diamond tiara although this is a haircomb.

I can't wait to see what royal jewels Maxima will wear as queen. I'm also hoping that she'll wear the Holland Diamond for the high-profile investiture.

Last edited:
It looks like 5-25-2009 was the first we saw of the diamond chandeliers. I went back on thread but forgot to look at number I just looked at date....sorry

A new thread & poll has been created in the abdication & inauguration 2013 forum. You can discuss the inauguration tiara of Máxima here.

Posts about her inauguration tiara wil be moved to the mentioned thread.

Last edited:
Here are some shots of her engagement ring:

1 2 3 4

What a gorgeous color!

Last edited:
To tell you the truth, I don't like the E-R style at all. I like her bracelet in the first photo much better! That's a gorgeous color and I love the style with the small diamonds interspersed among the stones.

Maxima's jewels at her 40th birthday were stunning!

1 2 3 4

Absolutely exquisite. What a gorgeous color that brooch and bracelet is. The hairpiece, earrings, and diamond bracelet are also outstanding!

Last edited:
Those are just magnificent pieces. I can't wait for Maxima to really raid the jewel vaults once she becomes Queen.

Maxima's jewels at her 40th birthday were stunning!

1 2 3 4

Absolutely exquisite. What a gorgeous color that brooch and bracelet is. The hairpiece, earrings, and diamond bracelet are also outstanding!

The brooch, earrings and one of the bracelets are from Maxima's citrine set.As for aigrette, you can read about it here - Queen Emma's Aigrette.
And while we are at it, one of the more unusual sets in Maxima's collection which she debuted for her husband's 40th birthday celebrations - The Tutti Frutti Set.

Pictures from Cartier Amsterdam

Attachments

• necklace.jpg
    necklace.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,473
  • bracelet.jpg
    bracelet.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 722
Last edited:
That's a knockout tutti-frutti; I know Wallis Simpson owned several pieces by Cartier. It's a style that you either love or hate for the unique design and variety of colors, but I think it's beautiful and quite unusual.

Didn't Princess Grace also own a Cartier tutti fruitti also?
Grace did have a kind of tutti frutti necklace/choker from Cartier which she wore both to 1967 and 1968 Red Cross Balls.

Incidentally, the original Cartier Tutti Frutti necklace created for Daisy Fellowes (you can read about it at the end of this article) was also worn by Princess Caroline to 1994 Red Cross Ball. It was a loan from either the owner of the time, or from Cartier Foundation.

Was this a birthday present from WA?

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with you, Maxima's jewels were absolutely stunning.

Last edited by a moderator:
The jewellery she wore on her 40. birthday was gorgeous & complements her eye &skin colour very nicely.It is also very versatile,it can be worn with a lot of colours.
Maxima´s Tutti Frutti-bracalet is beautifully crafted and it looks good even though I usually don´t like Tutti Frutti style,it´s a nice present from Willem-Alexander:)

She has just such amazing pieces I just think all of the them look sensational on her and that is why I get so disappointed when she wears "stuff" that makes her appear rediculous I totally love everything in this thread .. thanks

Me too,but I also like Maximas relaxed approach to fashion and that she is unafraid to experiment and take sartorial risks with bright colours and extravagant designs;-)

Was this a birthday present from WA?
It isn't really known. Maxima debuted the Tutti Frutti necklace for the first time for Willem-Alexander's 40th birthday celebrations.
It would have been really sweet though if the Prince gave her a present for his birthday. Kind of "thank you for being part of my life" type of present. My Dad does that too: every year, on his birthday, he gives a little present to my Mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom