Crown Princess Máxima Jewellery 2: November 2006-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Belgian Royalty magazine 'Royals' they have more and more reason to believe that the tutti frutti necklace that Princess Maxima wore at the 40th birthday celebrations of her husband was a loan from Cartier and not a gift from her husband. They do not reveal the reasons though...

I wouldn't be surprised if they were right this time though, I found it a rather extravagant gift, too lavish for a Dutchman. And apart from that the necklace is not very practical either. Still, if she loaned it I wonder why? The magazine said promotion for Cartier, but what is the use for Maxima? Sure she can wear the necklace, but they have prettier necklaces than the tutti frutti one in the Dutch collection so why not wear one of those?

The magazine said promotion for Cartier, but what is the use for Maxima? Sure she can wear the necklace, but they have prettier necklaces than the tutti frutti one in the Dutch collection so why not wear one of those?

Maybe because the tutti frutti necklace match greatly with her dress. At least, IMO. :flowers:

According to Belgian Royalty magazine 'Royals' they have more and more reason to believe that the tutti frutti necklace that Princess Maxima wore at the 40th birthday celebrations of her husband was a loan from Cartier and not a gift from her husband.
But this Duchman happen to be the Crown Princes, which I am sure he can be extravagant and lavish in his presnets for his wife! but I agree ahe has so much to choose from the royal house jewellery, why does she takes one from cartier from publicty? it doesn't make sens really!

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Belgian Royalty magazine 'Royals' they have more and more reason to believe that the tutti frutti necklace that Princess Maxima wore at the 40th birthday celebrations of her husband was a loan from Cartier and not a gift from her husband.
Personally I would think you are right, they have about enough to choose from ( at least I would have a splendid time browsing thru the vaults), but then why not throw in some additional pieces just for fun? Simply because they were offered and matched her dress perfectly.
BTW, this dutchman as already stated is not only the crown prince but counts some pretty nice royal dutch shell and other fun things in his portfolio, if he and she so want they can spend lavishly on extravagant gifts, me thinks.

It all seems a bit odd to me that the DRF would do a Hollywood red carpet Academy Awards kind of thing by loaning pieces of jewelry. Besides that, doesn't the RF have a policy about being used for commercial purposes, unless if it is for a good cause? True a tuttifrutti piece is instantly recognizable as Cartier but still, it just doesn't add up. It could have been bought with Juliana's or Bernard's inheritance money. I mean, Margriet's sons all bought new more expensive houses. WA has the perfect house, so why not by his wife a beautiful piece of jewelry which would last for generations to come???

On that note, does anybody know if these pieces are by Cartier as well? They seem like art deco pieces:

ANP Beeldbank
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2007/07091124.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2008/08012469.jpg
ANP Beeldbank

None of the earrings you posted look particularly expensive, besides the emerald ones- but I don't think they are emeralds. As for the tutti frutti- they do not look at all like cartier. They are not precious stones and could be made up very easily.

:flowers::):angel:I think there are fake, fantasy, nice looking some of them, i wonder how she has all of this organize, she has so many, big draws by the color???? she always match them so good with the outfits!

Here a picture of Maxima at the Danish wedding in 2004. Does anybody have a clue what bracelet she is wearing? It is a nice one IMO but I don't recall seeing it before.

I think its a Gold Routile which is a semi-precious stone.
Those are very pretty simple, elegent earrings.

i thoguht that could be citrine, but i am not sure, may be you are right it is a semi-precious, i love them!

It is usually identified here and in royalty magazines as a citrine indeed. Maxima has a small demi-parure of them including a brooch and bracelet.

what it is a demi-parure?

The earrings actually seem new to me, the stones seem a bit a different size and shape than the ones of the emerald parure. Still, with all these dutch lego-parures it is difficult to tell.
But somehow the diamonds seem clearer and the green a lighter shade than the emerald parure. And apart from that, Princess Margriet was wearing the earrings of the emerald parure at the same time as Maxima was wearring these earrings, so...

Maxima looks absolutely gorgeous in these photos. I love it when she wears emeralds--of course, they're my favorite stone so...

The earrings actually seem new to me, the stones seem a bit a different size and shape than the ones of the emerald parure. Still, with all these dutch lego-parures it is difficult to tell.
But somehow the diamonds seem clearer and the green a lighter shade than the emerald parure. And apart from that, Princess Margriet was wearing the earrings of the emerald parure at the same time as Maxima was wearring these earrings, so...

But the parure has 3 broches, perhaps the set has several earrings, and are the earrings an additive?

ashelen, paste jewels, though undeniably "faux", can be very expensive if they are old and of good quality. Some pastes, especially French pastes from the Victorian or Edwardian eras, are indistinguishable from the real thing (if you're just looking; a jeweler could certainly tell on close inspection).

A demi-parure is usually two or three matched pieces: necklace, earrings, bracelet or brooch. A full parure would be necklace, probably tiara, earrings, two bracelets, several brooches, ring, maybe even a stomacher.

Thank you so much for the explanation, one more question was it is a stomacher?

I love that watch from post #55. One of my favorite things about royal princesses is the clothes and jewelry I get to see them wear.
It's a Cartier Tank watch with a spaphine on the stem. The design dates (I think) from the 1920's --- it is a very classic and popular watch and very expensive!

Sorry, I meant sapphire on the Cartier watch stem---

There used to be a chain of stores here in the USA called Imposters --- it sold copies of the big, expensive jewelry, and I swear, it all looked so real and was so reasonable priced. It's amazing how real the fake stuff looks nowadays.
Maybe Maxima has a deal to borrow jewelry from a very nice jewelry store in Amsterdam. After all she is somewhat an ambassador for Holland which is well known for its diamond cutting industry.
Maxima's jewelry sure looks real. She wears very classy jewelry.
Laurentien wears a lot of jewelry --- big, showy pieces that are definitely costume jewelry.

Tahnk you so much for the explanation, one more questio was it is a stomacher?

I think a stomacher is a big brooch worn under the chest. You can usually see them in old photos from the last century. Maybe someone has a better explanation.

very nice photos and a very impressive 3 pices stomacher!

I think earring (juwelery) in a more classical design (more like the style of CP Mary or CP Victoria) will suit Maxima more. Not always these cheap looking big earrings

I'm curious, why don't the Dutch royal ladies wear thier jewels more? Is it
a rule to only wear them for State occasions? You see the other Royals
wear things for special evenings. The Dutch have some beautiful pieces that
would be perfect for a lesser event, maybe a brooch or a pair of earrings.
Anyone have some insight.? Many Thanks!!

I think it has everything to do with Queen Beatrix' personal dislike of grand jewelry. Queen Juliana used to put on a good show and usually wore a full parure, with some extra bling bling added to that. Queen Beatrix however has never ever worn a parure and she leaves the bigger necklaces and brooches (and tiara) collecting dust in Noordeinde. Princess Maxima can not out-glitter her mother-in-law too much, so she is restricted and can not wear too much either.

Apart from her personal dislike for big jewels I think the Queen has a sort of philosophy behind it. The same philosophy that got her a Ford Scorpio car or a Volvo: don' t show off too much, Dutchmen are calvinists and they won't like it. IMO she is wrong in this. WA's birthday celebrations were considered grand (and probably a waste of money) anyway, a tiara wouldn' t have made it worse.

Last edited:
Marengo, thank you and I agree it doesn't cost anything to wear the already existing jewels.(except the gas to drive to the vault and get them HEHE).

yes and i must say i would not mind to see that vault! it must be amazing to see all that and think, what should i choose for today event? what a feeling? i wonder what maxima thought the first time what was her feeling???????

I have noticed something about Princess Maxima's pearl earrings. She has a few different settings but are using the same pearls. White South Sea, Grey Tahitian and Black Tahitian. The pearls can be switched around, I have seen this in very fine stores and it is expensive, they put a screw in the pearl so they can be changed, I love her pearl earrings, which are sometimes more daytime and sometimes more formal...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone else noticed this. sorry i dont know how to post pics but she wears them alot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom