Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg Jewellery 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tilia C.

Former Moderator
City
O
Country
Germany
Yesterday Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy and HGD of Luxembourg have announced their engagement.
Though we haven't yet seen THE RING, this pic of her arriving at the palace today prompted me to open her very own jewellery thread.
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Those earrings are statement piece and I find them gorgeous. Are they real? Maybe amethyst and granate? I somehow can't imagine such big rubies at daytime on such a young girl. But who knows?

You are right. The earrings are gorgeous, even if they're plastic. It is acceptable to wear colored stones in the daytime. Actually, she may be in eveningwear. They do look like semi-precious stones, garnet, imperial topaz, citrine, amethyst and peridot -- top to bottom. I may be mistaken about the topaz. Nonetheless, beautiful.

:flowers:
You are right. The earrings are gorgeous, even if they're plastic. It is acceptable to wear colored stones in the daytime. Actually, she may be in eveningwear. They do look like semi-precious stones, garnet, imperial topaz, citrine, amethyst and peridot -- top to bottom. I may be mistaken about the topaz. Nonetheless, beautiful.
I didn't mean that coloured stones aren't appropriate. But rubies in that sice would be quite expensive, which is why I guessed (and mispelled) garnet. I agree that they look like semi-precious stones. But I only see two colours, garnet and amethyst.
But surely more pics from different angles with different lightening will appear soon.

Love the ring. I like it much better than Catherine's but then I prefer diamonds to sapphires any day.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ring is classic. I like it elegant simplicity.

Last edited:
:previous:
Beautiful and impressive ring :)

Oh wow oh wow oh wow...:fireworks::fireworks:

The ring is of a quintessential Art Deco design. Known to be bold in statement (though not to everyones liking), I'm personally very fond of the strong geomterical patterns and angular shapes associated with such futuristic and industrialist design inspirations.

Cubism is another widely employed influence.

Very classic.

Wow Madame Royale! You got quite a bit on the pictures of the ring! :) It's always great to see someone expand on something and give a good explanation.

All I can say is that it's a beautiful ring and I do, also, like it more than Kate's ring.

Wow Madame Royale! You got quite a bit on the pictures of the ring! :) It's always great to see someone expand on something and give a good explanation.

All I can say is that it's a beautiful ring and I do, also, like it more than Kate's ring.

Agree on all counts. Love the ring - especially the band - beautifully executed.

Also, looks so lovely - looks like a very kind person, very gentle - and at ease with herself.

pic of her arriving at the palace today
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Last edited:
I love those bold earrings and the colors; it's really great to see someone able wear statement pieces with such panache. And that is a whopper of a diamond she's sporting; beautiful setting and thank you also for the detailed explanation, Madame Royale. I wonder how many carats that diamond is? I personally like the traditional diamond engagement ring as well.

Gorgeous earrings! Chosen to match the clutch and shoes, no doubt.
The ring is beautiful but a bit too squarish for my taste.

I love the ring, is big but not too big and presents well on her hand. Gui chosen well. Earrings are nice too, I'm wondering what by stones they are made.

The earrings remind me of swarovski design bijouteri

I absolutely love the ring! The band is very beautiful also. Such an exquisite and elegant ring!

Her ring is quite the stunner! Gorgeous ring for a lovely young woman.

I cannot imagine wearing plastic earrings to an official engagement portrait, considering that her engagement ring is so beautiful and impressive. In addition, the family that she is marrying into is among the wealthiest in Europe and her own family is not poor either.

You've got to love a girl who masters the art of a chic updo to display those lovely earrings so well.

The earrings are really pretty, and her up-do shows them off nicely. The ring is elegant, but as someone stated earlier, too squarish for my taste.

I must say that Swarowski do very pretty things !

now that's what I call an engagement ring! simply beautiful and very elegant. maybe the earrings are no longer available because they are from an earlier spring/summer collection ? as swarovski is an austrian company I am pretty sure they were available a few years ago

The Ring

Absolutely stunning! :wub: Beautiful design, perfect size etc. Definitely puts to shame other royal e-rings from the North... :whistling: :D

I guess I'm in the minority, because I don't like either the ring or the earrings.

But I never care for Swarovski; they are so ubiquitous!
The ring is too large and too square for my taste. As someone said, it seems more suitable for Hollywood than for royalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom