Countess of Wessex Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The redo is an improvement to be sure. I wish Sophie got better loans from HM.

Well done for Princess Sophie to have reset her hideous and odd-looking monstrosity of a wedding tiara. This reset looks good from a distance. I'm also glad to see her in ice borrowed from the Queen because I criticize the Queen for not pooling the rocks more.

Her wedding tiara, IIRC, was designed by Prince Edward...so that's not the fault of The Queen.

LaRae

Love the redesign of the tiara. It was always an odd tiara, IMO.

'Work' has certainly been done.. and it looks as tho the Countess is wearing the Queen’s Diamond Chandelier Drop Demi-Parure?

I always thought they sat boy-girl-boy-girl but The Countess of Wessex is seating next to Ivanka.

I didn't expect the anything new from this banquet and expected it would be a whole big meh to me, but BOOM! Sophie took out her new tiara:D

I love the alternation and upgrade. Taller and shorter now, the whole look is simply regal.

And I loathe that we never have a better photo of her.:bang:

Thank goodness they did something to that truly ugly tiar and it is now beautiful. I love the earring and necklace too

Omg, so much better! This is how that tiara is meant to be!

With this change, I prefer this over the aquamarine tiara. It seems HM is being more generous with the jewels.

Last edited:
Love the rework of her wedding tiara. Wonderful new look to it. I quite like her five aquamarine (her third tiara is the one I am not a fan of) but would be happy to see this once in a while.

Like Sofia of Sweden's, sometimes wedding tiaras need a little tweeking to make so much better.

Her jewels were all lovely tonight.

I have to be honest, I thought it would be same old, same old. But our Sophie pulled a blinder. The tiara is beautiful and almost unrecognisable from its original form and the demi-parure is so perfect for Sophie.

I really like the re-design on Sophie's tiara. The necklace and earrings aren't bad either.

Sophie's jewels looked dazzling. I'm amazed at how much better her tiara looks now.

It seems like I always have to dig and dig and never find good pics of Sophie at these events. Where do you internet sleuths find them?

I too love the "new" tiara .. it is more modern and really looked stunning on Sophie as it has been made into a smaller but far more elegant piece

Yes the new frame of Sophie's Wedding Tiara looks beautiful. And btw, what was that diamond necklace she wore? And those earrings? She looked amazing

Yes the new frame of Sophie's Wedding Tiara looks beautiful. And btw, what was that diamond necklace she wore? And those earrings? She looked amazing

She's wearing the Queen's Chandelier Drop demi-parure on loan from the Queen.

She's wearing the Queen's Chandelier Drop demi-parure on loan from the Queen.

She deserves it. Sophie is a very hardworking royal and not always seen loaning jewelries from the royal vault except from her wedding tiara and the aquamarine tiara. She looked amazing!

What a huge improvement - it is a shame that there is no clear picture of remodelled tiara. I think the form suits her much better now.

I adore aquamarines (my birthstone), but nice to see her wedding tiara upgraded.

The demi parure of earrings and necklace which belong to the Queen have been identified as the King Fahd suite from 1987. Source rjwmb 2018.
I have always thought of it as the lace set. It is quite a substantial necklace, alas not worn very often and very few photos of it. We really need a good close up view of it.

The demi parure of earrings and necklace which belong to the Queen have been identified as the King Fahd suite from 1987. Source rjwmb 2018.
I have always thought of it as the lace set. It is quite a substantial necklace, alas not worn very often and very few photos of it. We really need a good close up view of it.

Yes, as I said in my post from June 4th. There are also good photos on the linked blog.

HM has rewarded Sophie in a personal and visible way and the pieces loaned have become moe substantive over the years.

Camilla has received some magnificent pieces in accordance with her standing as I deed has Catherine. But I believe those loaned to Sophie have more of a sentimental reason than practicality.

HM has rewarded Sophie in a personal and visible way and the pieces loaned have become moe substantive over the years.

Camilla has received some magnificent pieces in accordance with her standing as I deed has Catherine. But I believe those loaned to Sophie have more of a sentimental reason than practicality.

The way I see it is that as future Queens, Camilla and Catherine have been provided as (possibly lifetime?) loans of substantial pieces of jewellery, as befits their status. These have included some highly personal jewels like the wedding gift bracelet from Philip lent to Catherine and some of QEQMs jewellery to Camilla.

On the other hand, apart from the basics like some tiaras etc, Sophie is lent jewellery by the Queen on an ongoing basis for specific events. These could again be royal weddings, state banquets and other events where it is important for the daughter-in-law of QE2 is seen to be suitably bejewelled. A fair few of these pieces have been from those used by the Queen. However, these pieces of jewellery are rarely seen on Sophie again, so my guess is the are usually returned to the Queen after Sophie has finished with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom