Countess of Wessex Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

As much as I try to like this suite (potentially colored sapphires and tourmalines...), I am not a fan of pairing it with the Aquamarine tiara.

As much as I try to like this suite (potentially colored sapphires and tourmalines...), I am not a fan of pairing it with the Aquamarine tiara.

I agree. It really needs to be one or the other IMHO.

I love Sophies aquamarine tiara. It's one of my favourite tiaras and together with Madeleine's fringe my favourite modern tiara.

I love Sophies aquamarine tiara. It's one of my favourite tiaras and together with Madeleine's fringe my favourite modern tiara.
Both aquamarine tiaras she's worn are favorites of mine, but that's also my birthstone so I'm partial. :D Anyone know the history of the one with the single large aquamarine?

Both aquamarine tiaras she's worn are favorites of mine, but that's also my birthstone so I'm partial. :D Anyone know the history of the one with the single large aquamarine?

It first appeared on the Countess at the enthronement of Prince Albert of Monaco, and has been used on and off from then. It is rumoured to be from G Collins, and is thought to be a present from HM.

At the Dutch state visit, Sophie wore the five aquamarine tiara.

I love the brooches! But this one is not of my favorites.

The Countess of Wessex is wearing wedding tiara tonight at the SV from President Trump. And guess what? She seems to have changed the base! It looks like there's are row or two of diamonds added. I hope we'll get some better pics of it, as I've gotten a quick glimpse from the live coverage. But my first impression was that this looks so much better than it used to.

Thanks for the pic from the banquet. It seems that the elements also have been rearranged. Some parts must have been removed, so that the three tips are now closer together. The outline is now more triangular, instead of having three peaks.

Well done! I much prefer the new look.

I agree, the new design seems to be a lot nicer. The four separate elements never blended into a unity. The present form looks more harmonious, though we will have to see if that is the case on pictures that are more clear than this one.

Forgive my ignorance but does anybody recognize the necklace and earrings? They look substantial and I can not remember seeing them on the Countess before.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic from the banquet. It seems that the elements also have been rearranged. Some parts must have been removed, so that the three tips are now closer together. The outline is now more triangular, instead of having three peaks.

Looks like from the side elements the one flat part at each side has been removed.

Also the base look different ant so a high frame, but the base could also be wrapped with white velvet.

Oh my, I was so focused on the new tiara version that I didn't notice that necklace. It looks really serious, but I don't recognize it.

Do we have a better picture of the necklace?

MUCH better design for the tiara. I can't believe they managed to save that disaster and turned it into a good looking gem.

I’m going as fast as I can for another picture! Ha.

Looks like from the side elements the one flat part at each side has been removed.

Also the base look different ant so a high frame, but the base could also be wrapped with white velvet.
I agree about the side elements being shortened.
The base has always been covered by velvet where it sits on the head. But out of that came a wire frame that raised the tiara by an inch or more. I can't say if the base has been lowered or not. But there are two rows of diamonds between the velvet base and the diamond elements.

Oh my, I was so focused on the new tiara version that I didn't notice that necklace. It looks really serious, but I don't recognize it.

Isn't that one of the Queen's saudi-arabian necklaces? Sophie also wore one of them at the swedish Royal wedding in 2010.

Last edited:
'Work' has certainly been done.. and it looks as tho the Countess is wearing the Queen’s Diamond Chandelier Drop Demi-Parure?

Attachments

• soph.jpg
    soph.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,866
Last edited:
Sophie looks beautiful, she always does. The tiara redo is fantastic.

I'm hoping we get some closer shots of the redesigned tiara the other jewels are a knock out.

Finally!!!
I have always felt that the basic elements were good, but the execution was horrible. The old base was particularly:eek:

Considering Sophie’s dinner companion I hope we get more photos.

It is always difficult to tell without a good photo of jewels. I agree with you Stefan on the necklace. It is a lace design and is an Arab necklace, however after all these years we still don't have a good provence on it. It is a substantial piece and I am very pleased to see Sophie wearing it.

I wonder if Sophie's tiara was hastily put together for her wedding and now it has had a proper remodeling and looks so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom