The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Nobility

Sophie always looks lovely and well put together; glad to see The Queen loaning out more of her jewellery and that Sophie has got to wear this stunning necklace, and bracelet. Nice and sparkly!

Old 12-09-2016, 09:56 PM
Serene Highness

I absolutely agree with you Elliecat. Just a pity we don't have a good close up of Sophie wearing the necklace. I have for years wanted to see more of the Windsor ladies wearing Her Majesties lesser jewels. Especially as she has so many of them.

Old 03-18-2017, 01:08 AM
Majesty

The Canadian Aquamarine Tiara | The Court Jeweller

I love the stones but not the design.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:08 AM
Majesty

The Wessex Aquamarine Necklace Tiara | The Court Jeweller

Love the stone but I dislike it overall.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I actually like both her aquamarine tiaras. I love the different style. Vast improvements over her wedding tiara.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Don't care for either really..lovely stones though.

LaRae
Old 03-25-2017, 06:09 PM
Majesty

The tiara with the one aquamarine seems to sit better on the Countess's head. The five-aquamarine tiara needs to be lower or Sophie's hair needs to be fluffed up somehow. The lacy, five-stone tiara would be pretty with a dress in a delicate or lace fabric.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Wessex Aquamarine Necklace Tiara | The Court Jeweller

Love the stone but I dislike it overall.
Not mad about it but I think it works better as a tiara rather than worn as a necklace.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

At least she is no longer stuck with her wedding tiara only. I agree that the five-aquamarine tiara needs a lower frame for the Countess of Wessex. The same goes for the wedding tiara, imo. About the five-aquamarine tiara I love that it's one of Queen Elizabeth's tiaras. I always enjoy to see how these jewels pass from generation to generation. And apart from the frame, I find the design quite charming.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:04 AM
Majesty

Are these Sophie's wedding earrings worn to the St Marys School and College on April 19 2017?

https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...4b&oe=59891A3F
Old 04-20-2017, 01:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Love the aquamarine tiara but I am wondering about the necklace Sophie wears in the 3rd photo down in this article. I find it dazzling and very interesting. Anyone know it's name and of what gems it consists?

LINK: The Canadian Aquamarine Tiara | The Court Jeweller
Old 04-20-2017, 01:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Are these Sophie's wedding earrings worn to the St Marys School and College on April 19 2017?

https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...4b&oe=59891A3F
Looks like them to me. They are very pretty.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:58 AM
Heir Apparent

I would love to see this tiara again. It's simple but lovely. Either on Sophie or perhaps a tiara for a future bride of Harry.

georgeslays;
Old 04-20-2017, 02:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Love the aquamarine tiara but I am wondering about the necklace Sophie wears in the 3rd photo down in this article. I find it dazzling and very interesting. Anyone know it's name and of what gems it consists?

LINK: The Canadian Aquamarine Tiara | The Court Jeweller
It's the king Faisal diamond necklace
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The King Faisal Diamond Necklace
Old 04-20-2017, 03:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Thank you, Countessmeout. It's beautiful, especially in the picture with Sophie in the Aquamarine Tiara.

I'm really getting into jewels these days.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I would love to see this tiara again. It's simple but lovely. Either on Sophievor perhaps a tiara for a future Bruce if Harry.

georgeslays;
Sophie only wore this tiara once. The consensus seems to be that it was a loan. Years ago she wore some other jewelery that were loans.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Sophie only wore this tiara once. The consensus seems to be that it was a loan. Years ago she wore some other jewelery that were loans.
Yes, that is why I said on her or someone like Meghan if she marries Harry. As she is the only British Royal who seems to have worn it, it seems fitting to be on this thread. We include plenty of jewels she borrows. All the British royals borrow jewels from the queen from time to time.

The main speculation was that it belonged to Princess Alice, Philips mother. If true, fitting the future duchess of Edinburgh would wear it.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Yes, that is why I said on her or someone like Meghan if she marries Harry. As she is the only British Royal who seems to have worn it, it seems fitting to be on this thread. We include plenty of jewels she borrows. All the British royals borrow jewels from the queen from time to time.

The main speculation was that it belonged to Princess Alice, Philips mother. If true, fitting the future duchess of Edinburgh would wear it.
Apparently, not borrowed from the Queen, but from a jeweler, so not much chance of seeing it again on anyone. I like it, wish Sophie had one pretty, simple tiara like it in her rotation.

Your second sentence was quite incomprehensible before you edited it. I quite like your posts, but often can’t understand them and tend to give up. Btw, the 'preview post' function is very useful for this, as a non-native English speaker I use it all the time.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for your 'helpful unsolicited advice'

I have read no where that this tiara was loaned by a jeweller. All speculation is that it is a loan yes, but from the queen. The British royals don't tend to borrow from jewellers, as they have an extensive collection. As in my above post, the main speculation is it came from a piece from Alice.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Source for the claim of loan from Garrard

That's Anna's My Small Obsessions FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/CountessofW...type=3&theater

Tags
countess of wessex, jewellery, sophie, sophie countess of wessex