The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-05-2015, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

That dress in pic 2- not sure whether I like it or not! Really dislike the tiaras!

Old 02-05-2015, 08:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

^ You would think QEII would be more forthcoming lending the bling to her long term, reputed favorite daughter in law.

Old 02-06-2015, 06:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
^ You would think QEII would be more forthcoming lending the bling to her long term, reputed favorite daughter in law.
Actually, I think Sophie has done rather well over the years, and has built quite an impressive collection of jewels. There are a fair few diamond necklaces, rubies and diamonds, aquamarines, and plenty more.

She has access to at least 3 tiaras, as many as the Princess Royal: her wedding tiara, the 5 aquamarine tiara, and the convertible aqua tiara.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The only conclusion I have ever been able to draw about the Queen and how she loans out tiaras is that she thinks they should stay in the vaults. Maybe loan 1-2 to the family that attend state banquets and international tiara events and that's it.

We on the forums may be tiara mad, but to the average person they are more a bombastic display of elitist wealth (IMHO). It creates PR issues that I don't think the Queen wants or needs. JMO.

Off topic, sorry mods. Had to say it.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
The only conclusion I have ever been able to draw about the Queen and how she loans out tiaras is that she thinks they should stay in the vaults. Maybe loan 1-2 to the family that attend state banquets and international tiara events and that's it.

We on the forums may be tiara mad, but to the average person they are more a bombastic display of elitist wealth (IMHO). It creates PR issues that I don't think the Queen wants or needs. JMO.

Off topic, sorry mods. Had to say it.
I tend to agree with you. For most people, tiara's indeed are a bombastic display of elitist wealth, and I think the BRF are very cognizant of it. Which is why they tend to wear them on a few state occasions only.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know, but really Sophie has been married into the family for a LONG time now. I get that Charles is way higher up the food chain, but compared to what Camilla has been allowed to wear, Sophie's are pretty paltry, IMHO.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I know, but really Sophie has been married into the family for a LONG time now. I get that Charles is way higher up the food chain, but compared to what Camilla has been allowed to wear, Sophie's are pretty paltry, IMHO.
What HMQ gave her daughter is pretty paltry as well.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-09-2015, 12:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
What HMQ gave her daughter is pretty paltry as well.
I agree, I think Anne and Sophie have received pretty similar amounts of jewellery from HM.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:47 PM
Gentry

Countess of Wessex Jewellery

She looks lovely at her 50th birthday celebration with Prince Edward and HM. Does anyone have the history of the brooch that she is wearing?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...am-Palace.html

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 02-10-2015, 10:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
She looks lovely at her 50th birthday celebration with Prince Edward and HM. Does anyone have the history of the brooch that she is wearing?
I think it's part of the dress; it goes right over the shoulder and onto the back of the dress.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:47 PM
Majesty

Yes, it is mentioned as a "subtle embellishment on the shoulder" of her Victoria Beckham midi dress. Whatever it is, it looks lovely on her and if enough people compliment her maybe she'll take to wearing wonderful brooches.

(I can dream.)
Old 02-26-2015, 07:51 PM
Majesty

Photos of her engagement ring:

1 2 3 4 5 6

I absolutely love her ring. It's so stunning. I love the shape and size of the diamond, and the hearts are so beautiful. It's one of my all time favorites. This ring is just regal, exquisite, and magnificent.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:34 PM
Majesty

Gala Jewels: The Countess of Wessex (Part One) | The Court Jeweller

Gala Jewels: The Countess of Wessex (Part Two) | The Court Jeweller

Sophie has worn beautiful jewels. She has not worn a lot of impressive tiaras however.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
For her position in the royal pecking order, IMO, she has worn an adequate number of tiaras.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

1 2 3 4 5 6

I absolutely love her ring. It's so stunning. I love the shape and size of the diamond, and the hearts are so beautiful. It's one of my all time favorites. This ring is just regal, exquisite, and magnificent.
I love Sophie's engagement ring, its up there in my favourites. It's beautiful and I like that is "just" diamonds (even though they cost a reported 105,000!) They are timless and classic. They will be in style for years to come, just like queen Elizabeth's ring.

There was a few years where Sophie wasn't wearing her engagement ring or wedding band, just an eternity ring but nownsje is back to her engagement ring which I'm glad. Her eternity ring is also beautiful.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:

1 2 3 4 5 6

It is, indeed, a lovely ring.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

1 2 3 4 5 6

IMO one of the best engagement rings worn by any royal lady.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Edward made a perfect choice for his wife's ring.

Her eternity ring is also really beautiful eternity ring. I wonder who chose that one.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Sorry for my ingnorance, but what is an eternity ring?
Old 03-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Sorry for my ingnorance, but what is an eternity ring?
Eternity ring - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tags
countess of wessex, jewellery, sophie, sophie countess of wessex