Countess of Wessex Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophie has borrowed from the jeweler before, for example this necklace for William and Kate’s pre-wedding dinner:
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+Edward+Royal+Wedding+Pre+Wedding+Dinner+3Jnj11P8BUIl.jpg

It was speculated at the time that the necklace that Sophie wore at the pre-wedding dinner for W&K was not borrowed from a jeweller but a gift she had received from the royal family of Bahrain not long before the event. Given the strong government response to the pro-democracy protests at the time in Bahrain, there had been a fair amount of criticism of the regime in Bahrain, and to a lesser extent, of the BRF for accepting such gifts from the royal family of Bahrain.

I am guessing this is the modern, multi-coloured necklace that Sophie wore to the state dinner for the Spanish in London in June.

I've noticed she's stopped wearing the star with her sash. She didn't wear it in Norway either. Sophie looks great though and she seems to get more chances to wear tiaras and orders than any other lady in the BTF.

I've noticed she's stopped wearing the star with her sash. She didn't wear it in Norway either. Sophie looks great though and she seems to get more chances to wear tiaras and orders than any other lady in the BTF.

There is no star for the ladies if the Royal Victorian Order.

I am guessing this is the modern, multi-coloured necklace that Sophie wore to the state dinner for the Spanish in London in June.

It's very difficult to tell, the photograph I've seen seems to show pendant sapphire earrings with a coordinating necklace, quite different to this set!

Strange that neither she nor the Duchess of Cornwall wear it !

I can assure you that both Sophie and Camilla have worn it. Why don't you check out Sophie wearing it at Madeleine of Sweden's wedding or Camilla wearing it at the King of the Netherlands inauguration.

Last edited:
I can assure you that both Sophie and Camilla have worn it. Why don't you check out Sophie wearing it at Madelaine of Sweden's wedding or Camilla wearing it at the King of the Netherlands inauguration.

I believe you !! I'm merely stating how peculiar they don't wear the complete regalia.

I believe you !! I'm merely stating how peculiar they don't wear the complete regalia.

I know, and the sash on its own just looks odd. The Grand Cross level of any order is always a sash and star whether it's a British or foreign one. If the dress code is black tie a tiara and the star on it's own can be worn but if white tie it should always be both. There are no occasions when the sash should be worn on it's own.

I know, and the sash on its own just looks odd. The Grand Cross level of any order is always a sash and star whether it's a British or foreign one. If the dress code is black tie a tiara and the star on it's own can be worn but if white tie it should always be both. There are no occasions when the sash should be worn on it's own.

There must be a good reason for it!

There are no hard and fast rules, IMO. The Star tends to get used in more formal settings, typically the state dinner in London for incoming state visits. Perfectly understandable for Sophie to not wear it to the birthday celebrations, the dress code there was somewhat more relaxed (in as much as a white tie event can be!)

Stones look like amber. What do you think?

Attachments

• wessex.jpg
    wessex.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 314
The Amber earrings are really very lovely but I don't like the necklace.

The actual elements, the jewels used, are beautiful and very elegant :flowers:

But how it was crafted was poorly done. The base is way too visible. You cant even attempt to hide the base in hair. Poorly done IMO, which is a shame, as the elements are lovely.

I'd say that one of the aquamarines is now in the Modern Tiara/Necklace worn by Sophie. Aquamarines of that size would not be easy to come by.

Ummmm......I'm not sure, I think Sophie's is a bit bigger and in a mix of cushion and oval shape (? not a perfect round shape) while Alice's are smaller and have a rounder shape. Maybe I am wrong as the photo of Alice with the Aquamarine doesn't show the tiara perfectly.

Ummmm......I'm not sure, I think Sophie's is a bit bigger and in a mix of cushion and oval shape (? not a perfect round shape) while Alice's are smaller and have a rounder shape. Maybe I am wrong as the photo of Alice with the Aquamarine doesn't show the tiara perfectly.
I agree. It seems that that the aquamarine in Sophie's tiara is much, much bigger than the stones in Princess Alice's tiara. And the stones are definitely shaped.

Convertible aqua tiara at the CHOGM dinner tonight

I like this 'Gemstone Suite'. Love the necklace for sure. :flowers: IMO the pictures are poor quality, do not do her justice. Think she likely looked great. ;)

The necklace and earrings are lovely but I don't think it goes well with the tiara. There are too many colors. Is that gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom