Countess of Wessex Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophie always looks lovely and well put together; glad to see The Queen loaning out more of her jewellery and that Sophie has got to wear this stunning necklace, and bracelet. Nice and sparkly!

I absolutely agree with you Elliecat. Just a pity we don't have a good close up of Sophie wearing the necklace. I have for years wanted to see more of the Windsor ladies wearing Her Majesties lesser jewels. Especially as she has so many of them.

I actually like both her aquamarine tiaras. I love the different style. Vast improvements over her wedding tiara.

Don't care for either really..lovely stones though.

LaRae

The tiara with the one aquamarine seems to sit better on the Countess's head. The five-aquamarine tiara needs to be lower or Sophie's hair needs to be fluffed up somehow. The lacy, five-stone tiara would be pretty with a dress in a delicate or lace fabric.

At least she is no longer stuck with her wedding tiara only. I agree that the five-aquamarine tiara needs a lower frame for the Countess of Wessex. The same goes for the wedding tiara, imo. About the five-aquamarine tiara I love that it's one of Queen Elizabeth's tiaras. I always enjoy to see how these jewels pass from generation to generation. And apart from the frame, I find the design quite charming.

Love the aquamarine tiara but I am wondering about the necklace Sophie wears in the 3rd photo down in this article. I find it dazzling and very interesting. Anyone know it's name and of what gems it consists? :flowers:

LINK: The Canadian Aquamarine Tiara | The Court Jeweller

Last edited:
I would love to see this tiara again. It's simple but lovely. Either on Sophie or perhaps a tiara for a future bride of Harry.

georgeslays;

Last edited:
Sophie only wore this tiara once. The consensus seems to be that it was a loan. Years ago she wore some other jewelery that were loans.

Yes, that is why I said on her or someone like Meghan if she marries Harry. As she is the only British Royal who seems to have worn it, it seems fitting to be on this thread. We include plenty of jewels she borrows. All the British royals borrow jewels from the queen from time to time.

The main speculation was that it belonged to Princess Alice, Philips mother. If true, fitting the future duchess of Edinburgh would wear it.

Yes, that is why I said on her or someone like Meghan if she marries Harry. As she is the only British Royal who seems to have worn it, it seems fitting to be on this thread. We include plenty of jewels she borrows. All the British royals borrow jewels from the queen from time to time.

The main speculation was that it belonged to Princess Alice, Philips mother. If true, fitting the future duchess of Edinburgh would wear it.

Apparently, not borrowed from the Queen, but from a jeweler, so not much chance of seeing it again on anyone. I like it, wish Sophie had one pretty, simple tiara like it in her rotation.

Your second sentence was quite incomprehensible before you edited it. I quite like your posts, but often can’t understand them and tend to give up. Btw, the 'preview post' function is very useful for this, as a non-native English speaker I use it all the time.

Thanks for your 'helpful unsolicited advice' :ermm:

I have read no where that this tiara was loaned by a jeweller. All speculation is that it is a loan yes, but from the queen. The British royals don't tend to borrow from jewellers, as they have an extensive collection. As in my above post, the main speculation is it came from a piece from Alice.

Thanks for your 'helpful unsolicited advice' :ermm:

Sorry you got offended by my post. I was trying to be helpful in case other non-native speakers might have trouble with your posts. It’s up to you of course, if you don’t care about it makes no difference to me.

I have read no where that this tiara was loaned by a jeweller. All speculation is that it is a loan yes, but from the queen. The British royals don't tend to borrow from jewellers, as they have an extensive collection. As in my above post, the main speculation is it came from a piece from Alice.

Uh:confused:, it was mentioned in the post you linked above that this tiara might be loaned from a jeweler.
Anyway, I’m going to put my faith into Anna and not a random tumblr Kate fan on this.

Sophie has borrowed from the jeweler before, for example this necklace for William and Kate’s pre-wedding dinner:
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+Edward+Royal+Wedding+Pre+Wedding+Dinner+3Jnj11P8BUIl.jpg

Last edited:
Are these Sophie's wedding earrings worn to the St Marys School and College on April 19 2017?

https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=53e056896862cdb1b48092a440c7dc4b&oe=59891A3F

Yep they are her wedding earrings. I'm glad she still wears them although I detested her wedding necklace. Stick to royal duties Ed, not jewelry design.

One of my favourite pieces of jewelry Sophie has and wears is a necklace with "J", "L", and "E" on it. Extremely sweet and it's a cute necklace.

Sophie is wearing the aquamarine necklace tiara tonight.

Sophie is wearing the aquamarine necklace tiara tonight.

I love that tiara.

I wish she would have chosen a slightly more substantial necklace though.

....AND a bigger diamond pin for her sash.

I understand the good manners in being understated when dressing for another lady's white tie birthday party when that lady, a queen consort, will probably give it the full gun, (and she did with the Emerald Parure) but IMO Sophie could have worn more diamonds.

That thin chain with the one aquamarine stone was too casual and girlish with that dress, and the small circle brooch seemed a bit garage sale.

I agree, that aqua needs a tennis necklace. Even a small one.

I know Sophie wore her convertible aquamarine and diamond tiara to the state dinner, but the only hazy photo I saw looked like she had substantial earrings and necklace. The photo is partially obscured by a floral centerpiece, so what I think is a big necklace may well be a sprig of freesia! Anyone know what jewels she wore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom