Countess of Wessex Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shots of her gorgeous engagement ring:

Pic Pic2

I first I liked her wedding necklace but now I don't like it.I would have loved it if it was all white pearls.

Sophie's engagement ring is my favorite; a classic stunning diamond ring. And I've always disliked her pearl necklace, and for me to say that is sacriligious since I'm the original pearl girl, but the cross makes it too chunky. I'd have liked to have seen a classic pearl necklace on her. Any wonder why we haven't seen her wear that necklace since?

Potential for "enhancement"?

pic1, pic2

There has been a fair amount of debate and possibly, criticism, of Sophie's wedding tiara. Just wondered if Sophie altered it somewhat and added some pearls to it (as Mary of Denmark has), it might look like a more cohesive piece. I thought a base of pearls would give it some height, and a few more along the top, would improve the look considerably. Any ideas? Would one of our excellent Photoshop guru's be king enough to humour me?

That tiara needs a total revamping starting with that horrible base!

I actually like her engagement ring, where was it purchased, or what is the history behind it?

Last edited by a moderator:
That tiara needs a total revamping starting with that horrible base!

If there were to be a base of pearls (perhaps 2 rows of pearls), "that horrible base" can be hidden, and the tiara would get some additional height.

Sophie's engagement ring is absolutely stunning.

What I also dislike about Sophie's tiara are the gaps between the elements. It looks like peaks and valleys and just looks very out of proportion. If they added pearls to the base, perhaps some pearl additions in these spaces might work.

I actually like her engagement ring, where was it purchased, or what is the history behind it?

Edward bought the ring from Garrards.That's all I know.

What I also dislike about Sophie's tiara are the gaps between the elements. It looks like peaks and valleys and just looks very out of proportion. If they added pearls to the base, perhaps some pearl additions in these spaces might work.

I concur with you fully.

I could not agree more, it's the perfect e-ring! :wub: Her wedding pearl necklace with the cross pendant is beautiful, but I wouldn't wear it on my wedding day. It's not bridal stuff IMO.

:previous:
It looks like enamel to me. But the style does suit Sophie a lot.

Thank you for posting the picture, Baroness. The brooch goes with the rest of Sophie's look, and has a very original appearance.

No idea about the brooch jewels etc. but it does look like a 'Guide trefoil' award badge ?!?!

Here's Sophie wearing that whopping big aquamarine pendant in Monaco. I like her hair. Not so fond of the dress.

View image: 929

Sophia Looks So Nice , Her Makeup & Hairstyle Perfect On her , The Pendant Nice , Thanx EllieCat

Is it aquamarine? Looks more like peridot to me.

I just guessed; i have no idea really! But i do think it is lovely.

I just guessed; i have no idea really! But i do think it is lovely.
It is indeed very lovely. :)
I love pieces like this; delicate, elegant yet statement ones.

As a newbie I don't understand why the Monaco wedding was considered important. The Prince of Monaco rules only .6 square miles. Do they have some significance other than the area over which they rule?

Last edited:
:previous:
As far as royalty is concerned, the size of a territory one rules/reigns over is somewhat immaterial.
The union of Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock was a wedding of a Sovereign (however tiny his land) - making it a pretty important event royalty wise

And by the way, welcome to the forum, Mariel1! :flowers:

You are welcome, Mariel1. :)

For today's Ascot, Sophie is wearing a brooch (possibly, aquamarine) that I'd never seen before. Of course, I'm quite new to Sophie's jewellery collection, so perhaps one of the more knowledgeable members could tell its provenance.

Attachments

• article-2162133-13B416C8000005DC-889_472x976.jpg
    article-2162133-13B416C8000005DC-889_472x976.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:
:previous: That's a very nice brooch. I've never seen it either, but it seems to compliment Sophie's blue outfit for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom