The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
Whatever the necklace is, and wherever it came from, it was lovely, and Sophie looked really lovely in it. i'd like to see her wear it again. At Prince Albert's wedding! With the aquamarine tiara.
Yes, please! Her aquamarine tiara is beautiful!

Old 06-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I now I am in the minority here, but I do think Sophie's weddding tiara is fine - not the prettiest, and not the ugliest. If its base could be "enhanced" with some more diamonds, it would make an interesting piece.

I also think the necklace could potentially now be on permanent loan to her, just like the Boucheron tiara is to Camilla. It is possible that Sophie has had this neckace for some time now and we have not seen it as she is often left out of the pictures of state banquets.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought her wedding tiara waas lovely suited the gown she looked very nice.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sophie's tiara is fine. She needs a hairdresser.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Sophie's tiara is fine. She needs a hairdresser.
i agree she needed a hairdresser on Victoria's concert night, but at the Wedding, i thought her hair looked really good.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she has unfortunate hair but does the best she can with it IMO that is as good as it gets.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't mind Sophie's wedding tiara, it does need a base of diamonds but I think it fits her personality. It is better than P Mary's wedding tiara, and she's a Crown Princess.

Sophies aquamarines are stunning, I also hope to see them soon.

The necklaces are so similar....maybe the Queen had 2!(hehe)
Old 06-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
What I simply do not understand - if they take such important historical pieces to make out a new tiara - why for heavens sake did they not build the new tiara in a more sophisticated way. It looks like if a child has put those together on a wire.....
Old 06-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Serene Highness

She seems to have a difficult time concealing the comb part.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
I think she has unfortunate hair but does the best she can with it IMO that is as good as it gets.
Don't be ridiculous. Hairdress can do wonders. She seems to lack one. Just looks like a mess she does herself.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Sophie's wedding tiara is horrible, I like the aquamarine tiara/necklace much better. Mary's ruby parure tiara is much, much better.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Actually Countess I was attempting to say that Sophie no matter how hard a hairdresser may try Sophie has horrible hair was I too subtle for you? I will try and state the obvious next time ....
Old 06-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I now I am in the minority here, but I do think Sophie's weddding tiara is fine - not the prettiest, and not the ugliest.
Then I'm in the minority too. It looks pretty, a bit medieval, but that's exactly the charm of this piece IMO. I also want to thank you all for providing precious info about the necklace she wore at Victoria's wedding. I liked it a lot. Her earrings were nice too.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:12 PM
Aristocracy

I think Sophie may have hair like mine, lots of it but very fine. When worn down no amount of hairspray etc can keep it looking good if there is a bit of breeze. About the aquamarine tiara and the necklace already discussed, the BRF have a large "pool" of jewelry which is not always seen on public occasions. It could be that the tiara is from this.

For anyone interested in tiaras there is a brilliant book by Geofrey Munn called" Tiaras a history of splendour" .
Old 06-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Actually Countess I was attempting to say that Sophie no matter how hard a hairdresser may try Sophie has horrible hair was I too subtle for you? I will try and state the obvious next time ....
Nonsense. People with baby fine hair can have hairdos that work well for them. I have baby fine hair, but always have a good hairdresser. I am sure the very best are available to her.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
Sophie's wedding tiara is horrible, I like the aquamarine tiara/necklace much better. Mary's ruby parure tiara is much, much better.
I wasn't referring to her ruby parure! Which I agree is superb, but her wedding tiara which is a little small IMO!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
I wasn't referring to her ruby parure! Which I agree is superb, but her wedding tiara which is a little small IMO!
My apologies I read your post too fast and misunderstood.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
I think the wedding tiara is not small, given Sophie's relative position in the BRF. As previously pointed out, her tiara has a lot more bling that the one that Princess Mary of Denmark has. Again as previously posted, a base would make Sophie's tiara much more substantial.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
What I simply do not understand - if they take such important historical pieces to make out a new tiara - why for heavens sake did they not build the new tiara in a more sophisticated way. It looks like if a child has put those together on a wire.....
Such a relief that someone also sees the tiara this way
Old 07-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Commoner

Does anyone have a close-up of Sophie's necklace and pin in this photo?

Visit to Jersey
http://i47.tinypic.com/25iuh3d.jpg
credit: iceflower

Any help would be appreciated!

Lady Karen

Tags
countess of wessex, jewellery, sophie, sophie countess of wessex