Catherine Middleton Jewellery (to April 2011)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love kate's ring. It will be interesting to see what other jewels she aquires or borrows over time leading up to a royal wedding.

She does have interesting pieces, both costume and fine.

Now that Kate and William are engaged, this might be a good time to have a thread about Kate's jewellery

Thanks Muriel...I imagine that the first piece will be the engagement ring. When is Kate's birthday? I wonder if it will have her birthstone in it.

Kate is a Capricorn, born on January 9.

Kate is a Capricon, born on January 9.

What is that birthstone? Not that it means anything...Diana was a Cancer and Sarah got the Ruby ring:flowers:

I'm a Capricorn.Our birthstone is a Garnet

She'd better be a Cancer then. :lol: Most sites on google say the birthstone of Capricorns is garnet. I love garnets, but I think it's a bit unlikely?

It would be lovely if Kate had a historical ring, perhaps belonging to QEQM, or even Queen Mary. A "historic" ring would allow her to have a meaningful ring, without any whining in the press about the cost of the ring. However, AFAIK, Camilla is the only recent royal bride to have received an old ring.

Some mags have published that she has received as engagement ring the Princess Diana´s engagement ring (I think this is not true)

Some mags have published that she has received as engagement ring the Princess Diana´s engagement ring (I think this is not true)

If it is true... it is really of BAD TASTE:bang:

Diana's engagement ring is full of bad luck! The marriage has not lasted and Diana died tragically. How could they pass all this malediction to William's bride???

Was Diana's engagement ring of an historical value???

I hope it's not true. If the ring will be something totally new, I have a feeling it will be a diamond. Can't wait to see the engagement ring! :)

I hope too, I think mags wrote worng information. We must wait until this afternoon.

If it is true... it is really of BAD TASTE:bang:

Diana's engagement ring is full of bad luck! The marriage has not lasted and Diana died tragically. How could they pass all this malediction to William's bride???

Was Diana's engagement ring of an historical value???

I really do not think that Diana's ring will be given to Kate as an engagement ring.

No, Diana's ring was not a historical ring, and was purchased new from Garrards.

I want to see the engagement ring too! I imagine something very discreet, but i can be wrong too.

For the engagement ring I think it will be Diamonds!!!!!! Or one large Diamond......or possibly diamonds and sapphires.....but certainly not Diana's engagement ring!

If Kate follows royal tradition, her wedding ring will be fashioned from a nugget of Welsh gold. The custom was started by the Queen Mother in 1923, and since then, the Queen, Princess Margaret, the Princess Royal and Diana, Princess of Wales, have all followed suit. The lucky nugget in question came from the Clogau St David's mine at Bontddu, in north Wales. from bbc.co.uk

BBC just announced that Prince William has given Kate Middleton his mother's engagement ring - over 18ct oval sapphire surrounded by 14 diamonds.

This is a bit of a surprise for me.

Its official Prince William has given his fiancee the engagement ring that his late mother wore. It is an enormous 18 carat blue sapphire surrounded by smaller diamonds

I think it is fitting not for its association with Diana and Charles, but rather Williams association with his mother whom he loved and his having found a woman that he loves to spend the rest of his life with.

Oh my, if it's really true, then it's sentimental, but not original.
I would have definitely preferred a new engagement ring for Catherine. :ermm:

The ring looks absolutely GORGEOUS on Kate!! Sweeeet. Tears came to my eyes.

Wow, I am certainly surprised that she received Diana's engagement ring! To me it seems so full of memories of an unhappy, mismatched, failed marriage. But obviously William is more focused on the good memories of his loving, caring mother.
Surely this is a sign that Kate will in time wear a lot more of Diana's gorgeous jewels.

I agree with you Tilia - I just thought it can't be true - because I would also connect the ring to what happened afterwards....obviously they are thinking different. Good for them.:)

Well that will teach me to speak so soon! I think the engagement ring is absolutely beautiful and the reason why William gave it to Kate is a wonderful sentiment. It just goes to show that whilst so many people outside the royal family assume Diana's engagement ring is full of negative connotations, to those that it really matters to it's a different feeling - one of love and happier times.

This now makes me wonder whether the wedding will be at St Paul's Cathedral after all!!

I just read this on AP...wow Diana's ring. Not sure how I feel about this. Could still be conjecture? What of lovely nod to his mum if its true.

I agree. Although the ring will to many be a reminder of his mother's and father's marriage, but to William, it is a symbol of a woman he obviously greatly admired. Our best wishes that Catherine will have much better luck with the ring; and maybe this will start a trend of passing it down...

Looks great on her....it's a stunning ring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom