The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 01:56 AM

I was a bit disappointed too with their choice of ring for Kate, for I too felt the ring to be bad luck, however at least they didn't spend a fortune on another one when so many people are doing it tough.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina-marie View Post
I was a bit disappointed too with their choice of ring for Kate, for I too felt the ring to be bad luck, however at least they didn't spend a fortune on another one when so many people are doing it tough.
For me it's not so much the ring itself because I always knew that William or Harry would inherit it and one of their wives would wear it....it's just imo it doesn't look right on Kate's hand. Her fingers a bit big and the sapphire seems way smaller than it is because of it. For her finger type a smaller, rounder stone and preferably a diamond (not a colored stone) would have looked better on Kate. The reason why it looked so good on Diana to me, was because she had beautiful, long, slender fingers and the stone looked massive. It just worked so well on her...oh well I guess you can't have everything. Right kate?

Old 12-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Courtier

Sophie and Edward registered but I can't remember the name of the store.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Courtier

Does anyone has a close-up of the necklace that Kate was wearing on her engagement day? I liked it quite a lot. It pretty much looks like a blue stone as well. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
Catherine worn the necklace before, during Lady Rose´s wedding, on July 19, 2008.
Pic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
Does anyone has a close-up of the necklace that Kate was wearing on her engagement day? I liked it quite a lot. It pretty much looks like a blue stone as well. Thanks.

See above post for a closeup of the necklace

In the official engagement pics Kate wore simple earrings from Links

Old 12-13-2010, 09:54 PM
Courtier

From this article: Kate Middleton raids her wardrobe for Royal engagement portraits - Telegraph

The earrings which Miss Middleton wore were identified as the 'Hope' style in white topaz by jeweller Links of London, priced £275.

She wears these earrings in both photos:
Women Earrings, Hope Egg earrings white topaz - Jewellery from Links of London
Old 12-13-2010, 10:38 PM
Royal Highness

Ah! It's sweet she wore earring that represent 'hope' and new life- symbolic of an engagement regardless if she did it on purpose or just picked earrings she's always liked :) it's sweet
Old 12-14-2010, 03:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post
For me it's not so much the ring itself because I always knew that William or Harry would inherit it and one of their wives would wear it....it's just imo it doesn't look right on Kate's hand. Her fingers a bit big and the sapphire seems way smaller than it is because of it. For her finger type a smaller, rounder stone and preferably a diamond (not a colored stone) would have looked better on Kate. The reason why it looked so good on Diana to me, was because she had beautiful, long, slender fingers and the stone looked massive. It just worked so well on her...oh well I guess you can't have everything. Right kate?
Harry had the ring in the first place -- as it was said..
From 'The Divided Prince' p.230 by
Christopher Andersen, Vanity Fair
20th Anniversary Issue pp.221-252,
September 2003
"
Harry picked out the sapphire-and-diamond engagement ring given by Charles to the blushing "Shy Di" when she was just 19."

But I just read recently that the two brothers had made a pact to give the ring to whomever got engaged first.. is there any truth in that pact? Harry was ok with handing it over apparently. IMO Diana should have been buried with it or it should have been broken up.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:07 AM
Royal Highness

I had heard that too but it was kind of a given that William would get engaged first since his relationship with Kate.....Catherine, had been going on longer and was more serious that Harry's relationship with Chelsey.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Meg View Post
...IMO Diana should have been buried with it or it should have been broken up.
What a waste of such a beautiful jewel that would have been. Much better that the lovely Kate (and the rest of us too) gets to enjoy its beauty for all her life.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Courtier

I have read that William inherited Diana's ring. I believe that People magazine a while back reported that. At the end of the day I don't think we will ever know for certain.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemagre View Post
I have read that William inherited Diana's ring. I believe that People magazine a while back reported that. At the end of the day I don't think we will ever know for certain.
William and Harry both inherited Diana's ring, as well as her wealth and material possessions, equally divided between the two sons. Diana's will is a legal document and has been made public. You can simply google this. Diana didn't have any special instructions on her will about specific items going to which son nor was there any other monetary provisions for other people.

People magazine is correct that William inherited the ring. They report this because it suits their purpose. But they intentionally neglect to mention that Harry also inherited the ring.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Courtier

Oh the press they just make it so much harder to get good information
Old 12-15-2010, 02:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemagre View Post
Oh the press they just make it so much harder to get good information
"...never let the facts get in the way of a good story..."
Old 12-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Gentry

If Prince William gives Catherine another ring, I hope that it is a square one because that shape would suit her hand better. To continue, I think Catherine would look good in the Queen's fringe tiara (I believe it was Queen Mary's) and in that "triple strand" diamond necklace that was called the George VI in a book I read. Finally, when Catherine has her hair up for a tiara, I hope that she does not wear either shoulder pads or a wide neckline.

With Catherine's engagement day jewellery, I hope that William gave her the necklace and earrings (they look like sapphires) because I hate mean Rich People.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Courtier

I orderd the look a like ring from QVC it is wonderful..63.20 most realistic copy I have seen... came right in time for Christmas... Merry Christmas too me..lol
Old 12-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
I orderd the look a like ring from QVC it is wonderful..63.20 most realistic copy I have seen... came right in time for Christmas... Merry Christmas too me..lol

do you have a picture of this? i saw ones from QVC when they said it was a prototype. i would love to see how it actually came out.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilal View Post
If Kate follows royal tradition, her wedding ring will be fashioned from a nugget of Welsh gold. The custom was started by the Queen Mother in 1923, and since then, the Queen, Princess Margaret, the Princess Royal and Diana, Princess of Wales, have all followed suit. The lucky nugget in question came from the Clogau St David's mine at Bontddu, in north Wales. from bbc.co.uk
I think this is a wonderful idea.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
It was not the ring that brought bad things into that marriage, so lets put that all behind us and toast the happy couple, wishing them a very long and happy marriage together. The ring looks lovely on Kate, and I think Diana would be happy with the decision.
Totally agree, very well said.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Serene Highness

So does anyone know what Catherine received from William for Christmas? Havent seen or heard anything about it. Thought he might have given her a piece of jewelry or something.

Tags
jewellery, kate middleton, rings, tiara