The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 02:19 AM
Royal Highness

Diana's Engagement Ring Caught Prince Harry's Eye First - Kate Middleton, Prince Harry, Prince William, Princess Diana, The British Royals : People.com

Sounds like they both wanted it, but someone had to officially "pick" it.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:43 AM
Aristocracy

I truly feel that we should be concentrating on a happy and successful marriage for Prince William and Catherine Middleton and not on the unfortunate collapse of the Prince and late Princess of Wales' marriage. Why should a ring be "bad luck" ???
God bless Prince William and Kate and all good wishes for your future!

Such a delight to see that beautiful sapphire ring in use again! May we see more beauties being released from their vaults!

Old 11-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

I for one am so excited to see what jewels Cate will wear or get or use. I'm sure there will be some amazing gifts from the Queen as well as guests. Cate doesn't seem to be much of a jewelry tramp like us.....I hope she becomes one!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Nobility

I have always thought that, when Royal jewellery is given to a bride who marries in to the family, it is presumed that she will stay married and the jewellery will remain with her heirs. So to speculate whether something belonging to the Royal Family has been given to a Princess as a present or a loan is perhaps not correct. They may well have been presents, or they may have been loaned for a particular occasion, but I am not sure that they were ever meant to be the personal property to be disposed of.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
It's a cabochon sapphire with small diamonds. I think I've seen it before, but I really cannot recall when or on whom (Diana maybe?).
Catherine worn the necklace before, during Lady Rose´s wedding, on July 19, 2008.
Pic
Old 11-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Salma! I still don't get it though. Is it hers? Edit: She needs to take more care of her neck's skin - it always ages faster than our face's skin. More cream, Kate!
Old 11-20-2010, 05:42 AM

I really like her necklace, it's very sweet. It's something I would give my little girl (Spencer), even though she wouldn't be able to wear it for the next 15 years.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenei View Post
I think the ring has a new band to honest. If I remember correctly it use to be gold and now it appears to be white gold or platinum.
I thought that too, but I've been checking pictures on the internet and Diana's band was also white gold. I think I was mistaken because she wore her gold wedding ring next to it.
princess+diana+ring.jpg (image)
Old 12-04-2010, 01:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
I thought that too, but I've been checking pictures on the internet and Diana's band was also white gold. I think I was mistaken because she wore her gold wedding ring next to it.
princess+diana+ring.jpg (image)
Probably because it was paired with the gold wedding band it just looked like it was set in gold because you could never really see the band. What a strange mix.. but isn't that a tradition in the family, Welsh gold was it?

Old 12-04-2010, 04:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Meg View Post
Probably because it was paired with the gold wedding band it just looked like it was set in gold because you could never really see the band. What a strange mix.. but isn't that a tradition in the family, Welsh gold was it?
Yes, they make the wedding bands from the last remaining peice of 21 karat welsh gold nugget from Wale's Clogau St. David's mine.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Serene Highness

Perhaps William will use his mother's wedding band? Just a thought.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Courtier

I would hope he would not use her wedding ring.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen
I would hope he would not use her wedding ring.
It's already been annouced that the wedding rings will be made the traditional Royal way from the Welsh gold- so I doubt he will
Old 12-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Courtier

Wasn't Diana buried with the ring?
Old 12-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
Wasn't Diana buried with the ring?
Oh I think u may be right- I remember reading that somewhere a long time ago
Old 12-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Aristocracy

Are you saying you heard Diana was buried wearing her wedding band? I have never heard that. I wonder why, since she was divorced, she would be buried in her wedding band?
Old 12-06-2010, 01:47 AM
Aristocracy

Found a super close up..
http://cnmnewsnetwork.com/131182/kat...as-ring-photo/

Old 12-06-2010, 03:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Such a beautiful ring. I'm excited to see what jewels she'll receive as wedding presents from all over the world and especially from the Arab royal families!
Old 12-06-2010, 06:52 AM
Courtier

I don't think we'll actually know if she gets jewelry as a wedding present I mean I don't think it will be announced. I remember from other weddings we saw what the brides registered for.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
I don't think we'll actually know if she gets jewelry as a wedding present I mean I don't think it will be announced. I remember from other weddings we saw what the brides registered for.
If Kate gets any jewelry as gifts from other royals or heads of state it will be announced or at least printed somewhere. It was done with Diana. I'm sure they will want to give credit where credit is due.

Why would Kate and William register at all? I've never heard of a royal bride registering for weddings gifts. And she certainly won't register for jewelry.

William might let her use some of Diana's jewelry if he wants but it won't belong to her.

Tags
jewellery, kate middleton, rings, tiara