Catherine Middleton Jewellery (to April 2011)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a beautiful ring.

The ring is beautiful, but should NEVER have been given to Kate. William has said it would be so his mother would be with them. But her ring is just bad luck.

The ring is beautiful, but should NEVER have been given to Kate. William has said it would be so his mother would be with them. But her ring is just bad luck.

It was not the ring that brought bad things into that marriage, so lets put that all behind us and toast the happy couple, wishing them a very long and happy marriage together. The ring looks lovely on Kate, and I think Diana would be happy with the decision.
:flowers:

A lot of emphasis is being put on the ring as being a token of bad luck. It didn't start that way, and while Charles and Diana might not have had the best of intentions when they married, for a few years at least they were happy and in love, and I think that is part of the reason for William giving the ring to Catherine (still have to get used to typing that). A marriage isn't blessed or doomed based on a piece of jewelry, but on the individuals involved.

That being said, all the best for William and Catherine.

And I love the ring and always have. I have sapphires as side stones in my engagement ring, as blue is my favorite color.

It was not the ring that brought bad things into that marriage, so lets put that all behind us and toast the happy couple, wishing them a very long and happy marriage together. The ring looks lovely on Kate, and I think Diana would be happy with the decision.
:flowers:

Well said. It is time to move on, and wish the happy couple the best of luck in their lives together.

They can have all the luck in the world, but IMO she should NEVER have been given that ring. Everyone remembers the bad from that marriage not the little good there was.

Engagement Day:
Ring- close up:
Pic
Necklace-
Pic

I think it was a nice gesture to give Catherine Princess Dianas engagement ring. :wub:
It made me tear up for a while though. I grew up with Princess Diana on the cover of every magazine and newspaper, and it was so tragic when she died.

But now her son is going to get married, and I'm very happy for the couple! I think the ring suit Catherine well, and her necklace was also very pretty.

Is there any announcement about the exact engagement day? They have been engaged since October, but what date? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Here is another look of the earrings and necklace:
Photo from Reuters Pictures

Looks like the necklace only has two diamonds, one on each side of the sapphire. The earring has a diamond with an oval sapphire dangling from it.

I agree. Although the ring will to many be a reminder of his mother's and father's marriage, but to William, it is a symbol of a woman he obviously greatly admired. Our best wishes that Catherine will have much better luck with the ring; and maybe this will start a trend of passing it down...

Excellent post! :flowers: I agree 100%. I actually happen to think that Kate is lucky to have received such a special engagement ring. It's truly beautiful, a classic, timeless piece of jewellery! Good luck to them both! :)

I know it's your opinion, but I truly don't think that any material could bring bad luck to people or a marriage etc. It's always the people themselves who ruin their marriages, hurt each other etc. It was his beloved mother's engagement ring, it was given to Diana on a very special and happy day in her life. Nothing more, nothing less. JMO :flowers:

I think the ring has a new band to honest. If I remember correctly it use to be gold and now it appears to be white gold or platinum.

I think the ring has a new band to honest. If I remember correctly it use to be gold and now it appears to be white gold or platinum.

I noticed that too, but I haven't seen a close enough picture of the band to be certain.

Probably Catherine likes white gold and her ring size was different from Princess Diana, so they changed the setting.

I then call it a new ring and the bad luck gone because it is a different ring.:flowers:

They don´t change the gold band. A great close-up of the ring:
Pic

They can have all the luck in the world, but IMO she should NEVER have been given that ring. Everyone remembers the bad from that marriage not the little good there was.

I think this ring is more of a statement about William's desire to keep his mother's memory alive, rather than a reminder about his parent's marriage. It wasn't so long ago that royals gave each other inherited rings- it's only in the last century that this tradition was abandoned.

I was very surprised (and uncertain) about William's choice until I heard his explanation during their sit-down interview. Listening to his perspective, it now makes sense. This ring ties together the two women he has loved- two women who will never meet.

We're not pagans, William himself was a result of that engagement. There's no "bad luck" contained in a band of gold that's been set with gemstones.
Maybe the doubters would be reassured if a witchdoctor muttered a few incantations and rattled some bones over the ring to exorsize the demons.

With this wonderful sapphire engagement ring, doesn't it seem likely that Kate will also receive the amazing Asprey diamond and sapphire suite (given to Diana by the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia)?

It's a white gold setting, which was the same as Diana's.

Oh please! It was not the ring that caused Charles and Diana to divorce nor was it the ring that killed Diana. Its time for some people to move on.

William wanted his mother to be involved in his happiness and this is the way to do it.

I think it was a very touching and sentmental gesture for William to give Catherine his mother's ring. It looks lovely on her hand. Diana chose the ring and she had great taste.
And, as others have mentioned, Diana had other jewelry that matches it. It also means that no money was spent and in this economy, that is a good thing.

There is some tradition for this in the family. Remember that Prince Charles gave Camilla an engagement ring that belonged to the Queen Mother.
Queen Elizabeth's engagement ring was made from diamonds that belonged to Prince Philip's mother, Alice.

Last edited:
I've always love that ring. I understand passing down family heirlooms, etc., but I really wish she had gotten her own ring. She's in Diana's shadow enough as it is (put there mostly by the press with their endless comparisons). I like the necklace and earrings. I wonder if we'll see the Lover's Knot tiara on Catherine's wedding day or if the Queen will cobble something togethor from the vaults (like she did for Sophie, Countess of Wessex).

I was thrilled to see the ring again she looked lovely and he is a dream. The whole event was just wonderful they appeared happy and a pleasure to watch and listen to I've enjoyed it all so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom