Bulgarian Royal Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Noblesse & royautes has a clear picture & explanation of the tiara that princess Miriam wore at the wedding in Luxembourg. Apparently she had it made from two pears of earrings (the pearls and the flowers), a bracelet that belonged to her mother and grandmother (the base) and a brooch (fleur-de-lys) that she received at her wedding:

Noblesse & Royautés » Le diadème créé par la princesse de Tirnovo

Noblesse & royautes has a clear picture & explanation of the tiara that princess Miriam wore at the wedding in Luxembourg. Apparently she had it made from two pears of earrings (the pearls and the flowers), a bracelet that belonged to her mother and grandmother (the base) and a brooch (fleur-de-lys) that she received at her wedding:

A DIY Tiara,that must be a first,I think it looks a bit strange!

It's actually an interesting tiara -I especially love the significance behind it. I find it a bit odd looking, however, I think it can be really nice on the right head. Do you have a picture of it on Princess Miriam's head? I would love to see what this looks like on someone's head.

As I said, it's and interesting tiara, but the I really like the personal significance of it for sure!

Miriam has worn at least 3 tiaras that we know so far.Here is her picture with this tiara:

Amazing create a tiara with all these jewels!! The Bulgarian royal family has no other tiaras? Searching I found only this link Jenni Wiltz | Tiara Tuesday: Marie Louise of Bulgaria's Tiara about the fate for the lovely wedding tiara worn by Queen but nonthing else.

I'm actually quite surprised that the Royal family managed to get anything out at all when they was deported from Bulgaria. The family suffered terribly with King Simeon's uncle Kyril shot together with basically the whole political establishment and his aunt Eudoxia tortured by the communists.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

i wonder if this jewels worn by queen Giovanna of italy is still with the family i know that the tiara is still with them and Princess Rosario wore it on her wedding day but what about the rest of the jewels she is wearing ?!
Queen Giovanna

the picture at the top of queen margarita of bulgaria wearing the pearl tiara she is wearing a brooch similar to the one Queen Giovanna is wearing at the middle of her bodice in the photo i posted .

and i found another photo of queen margarita wearing what seems like the brooch that Giovanna is securing her sash with and the diamond riviere

Queen margarita of bulgaria

i wonder if the big diamond necklace is also with them .

Dear An Ard Ri, both tiaras are still in the family and in use by Queen Matgarita and their daughters in laws f. example - Rosario got married in diamon flower tiara (ivy leaf), while Maria in small diamond tiara. The second one was also worn by princess by princess Miriam at danish royal wedding in 2004.
https://www.google.pl/search?q=prin...cess+miriam+of+bulgaria&imgrc=8wR9xIDCXV1SXM:

Thanks for the additional information and great to know that they are still both in the Bulgarian Royal Family.

Grand jewelry such as Queen Matgarita 's Wedding tiara are sold.
There is a nice story, King Simeon gave back to the Duc of Vendome a Bulgarian jewel.

Whats happened with this tiaras are all of them sold?

One of Ferdinand of Bulgaria's wedding presents to Princess Marie Louise was a pair of sapphire and diamond earrings that had belonged to Queen Marie Antoinette of France. Do you have a picture of these earrings?

What tiaras do the Bulgarian Royal Family still have?

I can't recall ever seeing the Tsaritsa wearing a tiara ,shame its in such a poor state of repair!

It seems that the family sold quite a bit of jewels in the late 90-ties. What a pity that these pieces are lost.

It seems that the family sold quite a bit of jewels in the late 90-ties. What a pity that these pieces are lost.

I think it only has the Bulgarian Köchert tiara, but it must not be in the best condition and that is why it is not used. They should have it restored.

Princess Miriam did have a tiara that she wore at royal events.

Back
Top Bottom