Brunei Royal Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the same thought when i 1st saw her pics. ... well actually I thot she's the same person (faezah)BTW how do u know that they r sisters? .... is she related/ daughter to anyone famous in Malaysia?

I actually didnt know - I only heard from someone . Datin Jula is married to a Pg. Yusof , who is friends with Prince Jefri. And that is how Datin Faezah came to know P. Sufri - because they all move in the same circles. By the way, perhaps we should continue this discussion in the Brunei Royalty thread :)

~*~Humera's~*~ Jewels

Great work ~*~Humera~*~.

Much appreciated.

nice pictures. they really like excess don't they.

thanx Warren and lamass.
In answer to your remark lamass, I should mention that these pictures are from formal events and so understandably the ladies are wearing a lot of jewels. But even then most women of the royal family, like the Sultan's sisters, dont wear a ton of jewellery, they might just wear a brooch for example. The Queen and the Sultan's daughters understandably wear the most extravagant jewellery at such events. In terms of everyday duties, only the Queen and Crown Princess Sarah wear heavy jewels. Though the Queen is undoubtedly the most dazzling of all.

The Sultan's sisters during the pre-wedding festivities of the Crown Prince in September 2004

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 574
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 854
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 517
another picture of the sultan's sisters from the same event

Attachments

• 2a.JPG
    2a.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 509
  • 2b.JPG
    2b.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 554
  • 2c.JPG
    2c.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 503
The Sultan's sisters again during more pre-wedding festivities

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 385
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 499
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 512
  • 2b.JPG
    2b.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 502
  • 2a.JPG
    2a.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 421
  • 2c.JPG
    2c.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 480
you're welcome lamass:)
more pics of the Sultan's sisters at the CP's wedding

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 526
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 478
  • 1e.JPG
    1e.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 5,983
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 779
  • 1d.JPG
    1d.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
and some more

Attachments

• 12a.JPG
    12a.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 435
  • 12b.JPG
    12b.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 507
  • 12e.JPG
    12e.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 475
  • 12c.JPG
    12c.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 623
  • 12d.JPG
    12d.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 406
Queen Saleha's tiaras-Part 1

I've only seen two so far. She wore them on 4 or 5 different occasions

Queen Saleha's diamond tiara

1-3. Wedding of the CP of Brunei, September 2004
4. State visit from Sweden, Feb 2004

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 693
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 831
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 720
  • 1 Swedish visit Feb 2004.JPG
    1 Swedish visit Feb 2004.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 661
Last edited:
Queen Saleha's tiaras-Part 2
This tiara looks like it's made of coloured stones, perhaps pink and canary diamonds? Its hard to tell from the pictures.

1-4. Sultan's 58th birthday celebrations, 2004
5-6. State visit of Queen Elizabeth & Prince Philip, 1998

Attachments

• 2b.JPG
    2b.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,726
  • 2d.JPG
    2d.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,717
  • 2c.JPG
    2c.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,972
  • 2a.JPG
    2a.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 674
  • Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 2,738
  • 2 1998UK State visit2.JPG
    2 1998UK State visit2.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 794
Oh my Lord, the light reflecting from those diamonds is making my eyes hurt, even through the picture! Sometimes, I think too many diamonds can ruin the overall effect and look of a tiara. Some of the Brunei jewels are bordering on being a turn-off.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
and some more
The queen has many beautiful jewelries, most of them has big size and beautiful precious stones. The only one bothered me is, some time she wears many of them in the same time, I think its does not look good for her (specialy on her hands):confused:. (see picture on post 62;64)

there is a syndrome cause by wearing to many diamonds at one time its call sudden blindness snydrome and if you wear to many diamond or anyother preious stones on one or both hands will cause grande metacarpal syndrome
yes folks, this is no laughting matter, a lot of rich and royal people suffer from these disorders

galuhcandrakirana said:
The queen has many beautiful jewelries, most of them has big size and beautiful precious stones. The only one bothered me is, some time she wears many of them in the same time, I think its does not look good for her (specialy on her hands):confused:. (see picture on post 62;64)

I agree. Many times, simpler is better. I see it as a flaunting of money. Just because she has that many diamonds and other jewels doesn't mean she should wear a lot of them at the same time. It's blinding even through the photographs.

Its not a flaunting of money. Everyone already knows how much money the royal family of brunei has. If that were true then we'd see all the women of the royal family dripping in diamonds. But if you look at the everyday casual pics of the sultan's sisters, daughters, and the crown princess, they're very simple. Only the Queen wears more jewellery, it has to do with her rank and position.
This thread is about jewellery after all and I've so far only posted pics of the most dramatic jewels worn at formal events. But I think in the future I'll post everyday pictures as well.

OMG .. U gals and guys out there, now I have to talk about her majesty diamonds, yesterday I bumped into here at chanel boutique in KLCC, OMG I can't believe it seeing eyes to eyes with her, and since this thread is about jewelry, I'll tell u her's .. I say the huge pendant dangling on her chest, really huge, the least dia mond may be of 5 carat, a cluster, and yes it's blinded me, I've tried many times to recall the whole shape of the pendant, but I cant, it's soo shiny .. the things that I can recalled is the watch and rings.
On her left hand, she has a square blue (I think and I'm quite sure from it's sparkle) a diamond, huge, at least of 10 ct weight, accented with two trillion cut yellow diamonds on both side of this blue diamond.
On her right hands, 3 rings, one is pear shape yellow diamond, and green diamond (cannot recall the shape) and pink diamond , huge, really huge.
And the watch: a round with diamonds in dial and the watch's bracelet is from yellow and white diamond, pear and marquis shape diamond, (I think I saw this watch posted in this thread, probably posted by Humera, I'll try to search for and let U know)
HUge, again, huge diamond ... And the funny part was, went I hend down to kiss her hand, one of her huge diamond ring knocked my nose he he such an experience, and I tell U all, she sooo friendly .....emmmmmmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that story BOLK:D
maybe you can identify which ring and necklace you saw from the pictures I've posted in the Royalty of Brunei thread from the state visit to Malaysia:)

I so enjoy seeing the jewels. An everyday look for the Queen, now that would be interesting. I often wonder if she is also wearing earrings.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those want to see something simpler
Here's Datin Faezah during the visit of the Pakistani PM, wearing pretty earrings in the first picture, a brooch and I think a small bead necklace in the second pic.

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 486
  • Untitled-2 copy.jpg
    Untitled-2 copy.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 2,970
Princess Rashidah on her wedding day, picture originally posted by Dang Ayah in the Royalty of Brunei thread.

Attachments

• Rashidah.jpg
    Rashidah.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 23,735
I found the brunei tiaras Ugly :eek:

Amira said:
I found the brunei tiaras Ugly :eek:

which ones? the Queen's?
The Crown Princess' tiaras are beautiful. But they're posted in her own thread.

oh and Hajjah Mariam's tiara is gorgeous.
She's the sultan's ex-wife so I assume it'll go to one of her daughters.
I do think that Queen Saleha's taste borders on the gaudy side.

Attachments

• b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,284
Wow! I am truly impressed by these jewels! The royal family should open a museum featuring their jewels in Bandar Seri Begawan and the country would attract a lot of tourists!

The jewels are impressive, but I have the feeling that they make the Queen look like a Christmas tree with so many onrnaments.

I'm very amazed by all the truly gorgeous jewels! Wow, I had seen a few pictures before and read about how they were rich, but it's still surprising, and really interesting to see. (bling bling was mentioned a few times throughout the thread, and they definitely have a lot of it.)

~*~Humera~*~ absolutely fabulous job of posting so many pictures. (I know others have as well, but I noticed that Humera did so many...nonetheless, thanks to everyone. Great thread.)

Back
Top Bottom