Brunei Royal Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some amazing tiaras. Great to see some faces we normally don't :flowers:

I notice the queen was stated as 'senior wife'. Correct me if I am wrong, isn't she the only wife now? I thought the sultan had divorced the other two.

Yes, she’s his first wife and currently the only one. He was married to two other women, but divorced them. He does have children with all three and they are all members of the royal family.

Bruneian Tiaras

I've just finished updating and expanding my tiara posts for Brunei so I thought I'd share them here.

With the exception of Azrinaz’s bandeau tiara which was made by Cartier, I haven’t been able to find out which jeweler made the Brunei tiaras so the posts are more just cataloging who has worn them. There are even more tiaras that I didn’t have enough to make a post about but I’ll still be including here in my list. I wonder if some of their jewels were made by Asprey given that it used to be owned by the Sultan’s brother.

I haven't quite figured out the rules of tiara wearing in Brunei. As far as I can tell when Queen Saleha wears a tiara, Crown Princess Sarah does not wear one. We know that there are clearly enough tiaras for her to wear one so it must be something to do with only the queen wearing a tiara as opposed to anyone can wear a tiara if the dress code calls for them like we see elsewhere. When the Sultan had other wives they would also wear a tiara to events like Queen Saleha but not Crown Princess Sarah or any of the other princesses.

Queen Saleha is very generous with loaning out her tiaras to the brides of the family. Not just with her daughters but to her and her husband’s nieces and the brides of their nephews. I’ve included many of them in the posts but I have a feeling that there are a lot more that happened before the prevalence of social media so I can’t find pictures of them. There’s probably also some that have happened since then that I just haven’t found yet given the size of the Brunei royal family and how often Queen Saleha loans the tiaras out.

The bridal loaners that are worn by woman past Queen Saleha's children are the Diamond Crescent Tiara, the Crescent Star Tiara, the Diamond Flame Tiara, and CP Sarah's Diamond Lily tiara. I have some questions about the Diamond Crescent Tiara. It appears to be rather new and has quickly become a favorite for the family's brides but I haven’t found any pictures of it being worn by Queen Saleha or her children. The brides that wear it also where other tiaras and necklaces that I know belong to Queen Saleha so this one is most likely owned by her too. Perhaps she thought she needed a new loaner tiara given how many grandchildren of Omar Ali there are for her to loan tiaras to. She only seems to loan tiaras out past her own children that she has stopped wearing.

Queen Saleha
- Crescent Star Tiara
- Diamond Tiara
- Diamond Flame Tiara
- Diamond Heart Tiara
- Emerald Tiara
- Multi-colored Diamond Tiara
- Ruby Tiara
- Yellow Diamond Tiara
- Wedding Tiara (x)

Mariam, formerly princess consort
- Diamond Tiara 1
- Diamond Tiara 2 (x)
- Diamond Tiara 3 (x)

Azrinaz, formerly princess consort
- Diamond Tiara
- Diamond Bandeau Tiara
- Diamond Wreath Tiara (x)

Crown Princess Sarah
- Diamond Lily Tiara

Queen Damit (Saleha's mother-in-law)
- Diamond Tiara (x) this might be the same tiara worn by Dayang Norashikin binti Johari when she married Abdul Kadir, the son of Princess Norain in 2007 (x)

Some others worn by minor members of the family
- Diamond Crescent Tiara
- Diamond Tiara 1 worn by two brides (x)(x)
- Diamond Tiara 2 worn by two brides (x)(x)
- Diamond Tiara 3 worn by two brides (x)(x)

Last edited:
Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Anak Hafiyyah binti Pengiran Maharaja Lela Sahibul Kahar Pengiran Anak Haji Mohammad Yusof and Awangku Muhammad Aizat bin Pengiran Haji Yasmin got married this past weekend. The bride is a niece of the Sultan of Brunei and Queen Saleha because her mother, Norain, is the Sultan's sister and her father is Queen Saleha's brother.

Solemnization Ceremony
Bride and groom with Queen Saleha and Princess Norain

Bersanding Ceremony - Hafiyyah wore CP Sarah's Diamond Tiara and a large diamond sartoir
Bride and groom with Sultan Hassanal and Queen Saleha
Princess Hafiyyah
Princess Hafiyyah
Video of Princess Hafiyyah
Close up of the bride's diamond bracelet, watch, and ring
Princess Hafiyyah
Princess Hafiyyah
Video of the dress
Closeup of the diamond floral bouquet

Reception - Hafiyyah wore the Crescent Star Tiara and a large floral brooch
Princess Hafiyyah
Video of Princess Hafiyyah

This video from Instagram gives a closer glimpse of Anisha Rosnah's ruby brooch during one of the ceremonies for her wedding to Prince Mateen: https://www.instagram.com/p/C17MsbsPSNC/

A wedding promo photo shows her wearing a sapphire brooch: https://www.instagram.com/p/C11kBjHvHst/?img_index=1

Photo posted on Instagram of her and the brooch: https://www.instagram.com/p/C17OHYvPtij/?img_index=5

Another video from the same ceremony featuring royal family members with their jewelry: https://www.instagram.com/p/C2C_1vUv9Xt/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom