British Royal Jewels of the Past 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just lovely; I also have my eye on that beautiful tiara and pearl choker as well.

You will have to wrestle me for them...

Is there a name for that tiara? Or a photo with a more detailed look? Gorgeous!

This may be the wrong thread - so please feel free to move.

The British government is trying to raise £150,000 to save jewellery which was a gift from the Prince Regent from being sold abroad. The pieces are said to be of historical significance.

Government bars export of rare jewels once owned by the Prince Regent - Telegraph

The peridot jewellery was given to the chaperons of Princess Charlotte and the Prince asked that they be worn at her wedding.

The report is a bit garbled, I think but of interest none the less.

That is amazing! So beautiful!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, *drool*!!!!!!!!!
I love amethysts.

Reading the comments am I to believe that Anna Wintour now owns the necklace or was it just on loan?

Queen Mary Tiara

Can any of you help me to identify the tiara which Queen Mary is wearing in this picture? Looking at it close up it appears to be 3 hectagons with large light-coloured gems (maybe Aqua or Dia) connected with laurel leaves

Attachments

• Tiara - AAA unknown - QM.jpg
    Tiara - AAA unknown - QM.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 327
Can any of you help me to identify the tiara which Queen Mary is wearing in this picture? Looking at it close up it appears to be 3 hectagons with large light-coloured gems (maybe Aqua or Dia) connected with laurel leaves

The tiara is a small all diamonds tiara which Queen Mary wore quite often. It's current whereabouts is unknown.

Queen Mary of England's wedding present to her daughter, Princess Mary, consisted of a single large sapphire surrounded by 14 diamonds. It resembled Prince Albert's sapphire and diamond brooch given by him to Queen Victoria as a wedding present.

In May of 1858 Garrards made a set of three bow brooches, two large and one small, out of 506 diamonds supplied by Queen Victoria.

In 1893 a committee was formed by Lady Eve Greville to raise money from the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland to purchase a wedding gift for Princess Mary of Teck.
They collected more than 5,000 pounds. The diamond tiara came from Garrards.

In 1863 Garrards designed a pair of large pearl earrings.
Each was surrounded by ten diamonds in a cluster shape.
Albert Edward, the Prince of Wales, gave them as a wedding gift to Princess Alexandra.

They are all stunning and my favourite is also the magnificent The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara,which the queen wore during her recent State Visit to the Republic of Ireland.

Saturday Sparkler Special: Queen Mary's Tiaras (Part 4) | The Court Jeweller

Excluding the feather and wreath tiaras, I love all of these tiaras. My absolute favorite is the amethyst tiara.

I'm not one that usually gets into the threads about fashion and jewelry but I just happened to come across this article. To be honest, if I could, I'd love to be able to get dressed up for occasions that Queen Mary's chokers would go with.

I've always known that the Girls of Great Britain and Northern Ireland was the Queen's preferred "go to " tiara but until this article and going off on one of the tangents, I really didn't realize the sentimental value Granny's Tiara holds for her. A very special wedding gift commissioned just for her grandmother was given to her as a wedding gift. That I didn't know. What I also didn't realize is that the pearls in the Lover's Knot tiara were originally on the original GGBNI tiara and it must have really meant something to HM to hand it down to Diana and also just as important that it was returned after her death.

I've got to read up on the jewels more often methinks. :D

Although I know I am one of the few that do, but I really like the Art Deco Aquamarine Parure. However, I think in amethyst, it would be stunning.

I think for me, I'd prefer it with the ametrine. that's my favorite gemstone.

Indeed this tiara is very impressive . To bad that not longer exists.

No I'm not a fan of the Boucheron Loop tiara its too large looking and looks like it could have been difficult to wera.

No I'm not a fan of the Boucheron Loop tiara its too large looking and looks like it could have been difficult to wera.
Agree! I always thought it looked top heavy in a way. "Loopy" is the obvious nick name for this one. ;)

They are all stunning and my favourite is also the magnificent The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara,which the queen wore during her recent State Visit to the Republic of Ireland.
Along with a dress with shamrocks on it whilst speaking Irish. All round a very historic visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom