The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-05-2017, 02:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
HM is certainly ones for favouries whe it comes to her jewellery, and IMO, this does not make the cut. In fact, she is not a great user of her wedding fringe either. I think in the last 25 years, it has only been used a handful of times.
It's why it's best to let the youngsters make use of them. The Queen is now at the point of sticking to the few jewels she like to wear all the time. They can bring new life to such jewels.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-05-2017, 02:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's why it's best to let the youngsters make use of them. The Queen is now at the point of sticking to the few jewels she like to wear all the time. They can bring new life to such jewels.
HM continues to dole out the jewels she thinks it is appropriate to, to the younger members of the family. She has been very generous in what she has provided Camilla, Catherine, Sophie and Anne.

There will always be the question of can she share more with them. Unlike the Dutch and Swedish system where a reasonably large number of royal ladies have access to a "common pot", the British and Danes tend to be quite specific in who is allowed access to what. This, to me, makes the jewels a bit more personal, and to some extent, helps retain an air of exclusivity around them.

Old 02-05-2017, 03:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
HM continues to dole out the jewels she thinks it is appropriate to, to the younger members of the family. She has been very generous in what she has provided Camilla, Catherine, Sophie and Anne.

There will always be the question of can she share more with them. Unlike the Dutch and Swedish system where a reasonably large number of royal ladies have access to a "common pot", the British and Danes tend to be quite specific in who is allowed access to what. This, to me, makes the jewels a bit more personal, and to some extent, helps retain an air of exclusivity around them.
Oh I understand. I just think it'll be good to lend out the ones that hasn't seen the light of day in many years. I'm sure those jewels need a visit to the royal jeweler for maintenance and cleaning anyway.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-05-2017, 03:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Oh I understand. I just think it'll be good to lend out the ones that hasn't seen the light of day in many years. I'm sure those jewels need a visit to the royal jeweler for maintenance and cleaning anyway.
The BRF have a very large collection, large parts of which have not been seen in public for many decades. I suspect they like it that way, there really nothing to be gained for them from a public airing. Every time a new royal lady joins, the monarch of the day can decide which of the spoils they would like to share with the lady.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Not a fan of that Fringe tiara.

LaRae
Old 02-06-2017, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

I much prefer Queen Mary's fringe tiara over Queen Adelaide's. The shape is more distinct and flattering, imo. So I'm not surprised, that the older tiaras hasn't been seen since Queen Mary. But I can imagine that Queen Adelaide's fringe would look quite good on Camilla's hairstyle, while the Queen Mary's would be smashing on Kate.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:03 AM
Majesty

Queen Mary's Amethyst Tiara | The Court Jeweller

This tiara is amazing beautiful. It is just regal.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

A shame we won't see it worn by the BRF.

I think it's lovely,.

LaRae
Old 02-11-2017, 10:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

It was a mistake for The Queen to let those set of jewels go. I can already picture her wearing it.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-11-2017, 11:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It was a mistake for The Queen to let those set of jewels go. I can already picture her wearing it.
The queen has nothing to do with these jewels.
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Queen Mother and amethysts

Bloggers often use rumors as facts.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:28 AM
Serene Highness

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday (on a Wednesday): Queen Mary's Amethyst Tiara
Old 02-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Oh okay, well...it still a mistake for this set to leave royal hands.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-11-2017, 09:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Here is Queen Victoria's former State Diadem frame-
The Sixth Duke | shewhoworshipscarlin: State diadem of Queen...

Imagine putting the diamonds back in.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-12-2017, 01:03 AM
Majesty

Sundays with Victoria: Prince Albert's Tiaras | The Court Jeweller

I love every tiara her except the Oriental Ruby tiara. The emerand and sapphire are my favorite.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:02 AM
Majesty

Sundays with Victoria: The Small Diamond Crown | The Court Jeweller

I love this crown. Its so elegant and regal.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely piece.

LaRae
Old 03-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Majesty

Indeed. I wonder what it would look like on QEII? I it looked good it could solve the problem of the weight of the crown worn for the State Opening of Parliament.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Would love to see Kate wear that one day.

LaRae
Old 03-06-2017, 06:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Indeed. I wonder what it would look like on QEII? I it looked good it could solve the problem of the weight of the crown worn for the State Opening of Parliament.

It seems it could possibly have been worn over a veil for a funeral. I would have thought QE2 would have worn it for her father's funeral considering there were 3 queens there. The fact that QE2'did not wear a veil, but a hat for her mother's funeral, it is unlikely that they will ever be seen again on anyone for any reason.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think a senior royal lady could wear it with the arches off. It's about exploring ways to wear it today. Although, I just dont think the ladies of today have the interest to wear it.

A.W. TOZER

Tags
british, emerald, jewellery, past, queen victoria, tiaras