The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-05-2016, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Isn't it still property of the Duke of Fife and hasn't been sold off?

Old 11-05-2016, 02:30 PM
Majesty

Other than the book, it hasn't been seen since 1960. There is rumours it has been sold or dismantled but simply speculation. The fife women wear the fife diamond tiara at weddings.

Old 11-05-2016, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Would love to see that worn!

LaRae
Old 11-05-2016, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

When Munn used the picture for his book, the tiara was still with Queen Victoria's descendants. So I do hope that they still have it to this day.

Caroline Anne Bunting has worn the Fife tiara at her wedding to the Earl of Southesk, as you say. But I have never seen a wedding pic of Lady Alexandra Carnegie. Did she also wear this tiara?

Old 11-05-2016, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

There's a post of 2006 from Warren that says that she did. The tiara was recognisable among the folds of veil, he stated, but the quality of the two photos he saw (in one the bride was almost hidden behind a car) he didn't post them.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:17 AM
Commoner

This is an outstanding part of the forum, Jolly good read and i learnt some interesting information!!! Keep it up guys
Old 11-19-2016, 11:05 PM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Delhi Durbar Tiara

An amazing regal tiara! The design is exquisite, majestic, and incredible. One of the most stunning and unforgettable tiaras I have seen.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:05 AM
Majesty

Sundays with Victoria: The Turkish Diamonds | The Court Jeweller

These look very stunning.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Yes they do and fate unknown,I wonder were they broken up?
Old 01-31-2017, 12:03 AM
Majesty

The Daily Diadem: Princess Victoria's Floral Tiara | The Court Jeweller

Would like to know more about this tiara.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

When was it worn last?

LaRae
Old 02-02-2017, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
When was it worn last?

LaRae
There is hardly anything known about this tiara. Afaik, it hasn't been seen since Princess Victoria. It's probably dismantled or sold.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

too bad.

LaRae
Old 02-05-2017, 01:12 AM
Majesty

Sundays with Victoria: Queen Adelaide's Diamond Fringe | The Court Jeweller

An absolutley stunning tiara. It amazingly regal.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm surprised The Queen hasn't worn the tiara in public. Although, I thought she has worn it as a necklace.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-05-2017, 02:10 AM
Majesty

It would have to be converted back from a necklace. I don't know if it was made so it could be easily detached and reattached.

I don't think she has worn it as a necklace. It is quite similar to her city of London fringe. Honestly between the Queen Mary fringe tiara and the city
Of London fringe necklace, there is little need for this one to come out of the vaults. There are other tiaras that could be brought out to add some different looks.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
It would have to be converted back from a necklace. I don't know if it was made so it could be easily d'état chef and reattached.

I don't think she has worn it as a necklace. It is quite similar to her city of London fringe. Honestly between the Queen Mary fringe tiara and the city if
Of London fringe necklace, there is little need for this one to come out of the vaults. There are other tiaras that could be brought out to add some different looks.
And to think people were debating on jewels for Harry's future wife. The royals have plenty of jewels in the vaults that have been seen in decades. I'd say, dust them off and let the young royals make use of them.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-05-2017, 02:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm surprised The Queen hasn't worn the tiara in public. Although, I thought she has worn it as a necklace.
HM already has Queen Mary's Fringe tiara, the City of London fringe necklace, the Kokoshnik, all very similar in design and concept. I suspect this tiara / necklace just sits in the vault, and is unlikely to be used in the current reign, or perhaps even the next one.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
HM already has Queen Mary's Fringe tiara, the City of London fringe necklace, the Kokoshnik, all very similar in design and concept. I suspect this tiara / necklace just sits in the vault, and is unlikely to be used in the current reign, or perhaps even the next one.
I understand it's all a similar design, but they could make use it it by just switching tiaras from time to time. Especially, since it hasn't been worn in a long time. Treat it to a night out on the town sometime. Just a thought.

The reason why I think Catherine, Sophie and Harry's future wife could make use of these jewels? I think they could play around with them a bit. The Queen is older and pretty much not interested in playing around with the jewels like she did when she was younger. The younger royals have many chances to explore and change up the jewels to fit their needs and personalities. It's just about getting in there and have some fun.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-05-2017, 02:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I understand it's all a similar design, but they could make use it it by just switching tiaras from time to time. Especially, since it hasn't been worn in a long time. Treat it to a night out on the town sometime. Just a thought.
HM is certainly ones for favouries whe it comes to her jewellery, and IMO, this does not make the cut. In fact, she is not a great user of her wedding fringe either. I think in the last 25 years, it has only been used a handful of times.

Tags
british, emerald, jewellery, past, queen victoria, tiaras