British Royal Jewels of the Past 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh okay, well...it still a mistake for this set to leave royal hands.

:previous: Indeed. I wonder what it would look like on QEII? I it looked good it could solve the problem of the weight of the crown worn for the State Opening of Parliament.

Would love to see Kate wear that one day.

LaRae

:previous: Indeed. I wonder what it would look like on QEII? I it looked good it could solve the problem of the weight of the crown worn for the State Opening of Parliament.

It seems it could possibly have been worn over a veil for a funeral. I would have thought QE2 would have worn it for her father's funeral considering there were 3 queens there. The fact that QE2'did not wear a veil, but a hat for her mother's funeral, it is unlikely that they will ever be seen again on anyone for any reason.

I think a senior royal lady could wear it with the arches off. It's about exploring ways to wear it today. Although, I just dont think the ladies of today have the interest to wear it.

Maybe its just me but I'd rather that the miniature crown be kept and its provenance remembered solely for the person it was made for. Victoria. I don't think it'd really look good being worn by someone else.

Maybe its just me but I'd rather that the miniature crown be kept and its provenance remembered solely for the person it was made for. Victoria. I don't think it'd really look good being worn by someone else.

Thankfully someone agrees with me. I was worried I was mad :)

It will always be her crown for me. And it should stay that way.

On anyone modern I also think it would look bad. A bit costumey likr the queen of hearts in Alice in wonderland.

I think there must be an error in the description of it being 10" in diameter. I wonder if they meant in circumference.

Photographs don't do it justice. When I saw the Crown Jewels, including this gorgeous piece, it took my breath away. :flowers:

I hope we see more of these in the future.

LaRae

:previous:

It was the one she wore on her wedding day, but no clue as to it's current whereabouts:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Surrey Fringe

No the one wron at her Wedding day was not the fringe tiara but a convertibvle neckalce/tiiara in a similar design whichw as a Wedding gift by Queen Victoria.
The Surey tiara was broken up in 1914/14 and the diamonds where used to replace the originakl pearl spikes on the Girls of Britain Tiara and the rest of the diamonds where used the create the honeysuckle tiara which is now with the Gloucesters.
I find it a pitiy that she had 2 tiaras in a similar modern fringe design and both where broken up.

Hi, I was wondering if somebody has access to the will of the late Princess Victoria. Maybe we could find out how she had disposed of the Rundell tiara.

Thanks for the link. I'm interested in the "disposed of by her" part. What does that mean? Did she sell it, did she break it up, did she leave it to smb. "Disposed of"-very frustrating choice of words....

Well we probably don't know for sure...perhaps pieces of the tiara have been seen in other jewelry ...but I take the phrase 'disposed of' to mean sold.

Jewelry was a form of wealth ..they weren't thinking in terms of historic value etc...and maybe she didn't like it?

LaRae

That is the best news ever........just fabulous that it stays safe in Great Britain and will never be sold. Stays in British hands forever....... Prince Albert was such a talented designer during his time......now where is the ruby one?

I just saw this wonderful news, and it is just great that the coronet is staying in the UK.

What better place could there be for this National Treasure than the Museum envisioned, and named after the designer of the Tiara, and the recipient of it ?

Albert's TIRELESS work on the Great Exhibition of 1851 made it so great a success that money poured it, enough to build the V & A, the Science Museum, the Natural History Museum, to fill them with treasures and to build much besides.

Britain and London is FOREVER in his debt..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom