The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

The Cullinans Part 1: The Big Stars of Africa

That is one big brooch Queen Mary is wearing! I think it looks interesting on a sceptre. Such magnificent diamonds!

Old 04-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

OMG, these diamonds are giant, but so beautiful!! The brooch looks splendid, thanks for sharing, IloveCP!!

Old 05-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Aristocracy

NEWSFLASH Everyone!!!!!

The new book by Hugh Roberts - The Queen's Diamonds reports that the so called Rundell Tiara was in fact made by Garrards and was left to Princess Victoria who disposed of it!!! A must buy I think!
Old 05-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Nobility

Oh my! Does the book say anything about the Nizam of Hyderabad, Girls of England, Surrey and Cartier Loop tiaras?
Old 05-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbruno
Oh my! Does the book say anything about the Nizam of Hyderabad, Girls of England, Surrey and Cartier Loop tiaras?
It certainly does !!!! Direct quotations are on the RJWMB !
Old 05-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Aristocracy

i've order the book too yesterday!
In case some of you want to know the solutions of many misteries regarding the british jewel collection (revealed in the book), you can find them here:
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information
Old 05-24-2012, 06:02 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyend View Post
i've order the book too yesterday!
In case some of you want to know the solutions of many misteries regarding the british jewel collection (revealed in the book), you can find them here:
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information
Thanks so much. This book really is solving a lot of mysteries about the Windsor jewel vault. Like the Ladies of England tiara being broken up to make the Lover's Knot....
Old 05-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

My heart is breaking over the dismantling of that gorgeous tiara, even if it was for another beautiful jewel. Terrible loss.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Aristocracy

My heart is crying for the dismantling of the Ladies of England tiara, it was one of my favourites! And it was broken to made the Lover's Knot tiara, which I don't like!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmemail View Post
NEWSFLASH Everyone!!!!!

The new book by Hugh Roberts - The Queen's Diamonds reports that the so called Rundell Tiara was in fact made by Garrards and was left to Princess Victoria who disposed of it!!! A must buy I think!
I am heartbroken over the "Rundell" a/k/a Queen Alexandra's wedding tiara. What a loss!!!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalMess View Post
This book really is solving a lot of mysteries about the Windsor jewel vault.
It also says the Teck tiara is on loan to Camilla. The question is why haven't we seen it on her?

Also the Surry Tiara was broken up. Some of the stones replaced the pearls on the "Girls" and the rest went to the creation of the Gloucester Palmette Tiara.

Queen Mary's Loop was broken up in favor of the Dehli Durbar (although I heard rumors of that before so it's not that surprising).

To me, the worse is confirmation that the Nizam of Hyderbad tiara has indeed been broken up to create the Burmese Ruby Horror.

On a happier note, we now know that Alexandra's circlet went to Maude and is being worn regularly by Sonja (sans the fleur de lys motifs).
Old 05-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Nobility

Well, I am heartbroken with all the dismatled tiaras:Rundell (which was never called so.. lol), Nizam of Hyderabad, Girls of England, Surrey and Cartier Loop...

I really wanted to see Camila wearing the Rundell and Katherine the Nizan...
Old 05-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe the Teck tiara is being held for a particular occasion for Camilla to wear, or not until Charles ascends the throne.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

When Charles ascends to the Throne, Camilla will have full access to all jewels in the vaults. I do hope we'll get to see the Teck Tiara before that.
Confirmation that those great tiaras - Rundell, Nizam of Hyderabad, and Girls of England - is truly devastating for all jewellery watchers.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia

When Charles ascends to the Throne, Camilla will have full access to all jewels in the vaults. I do hope we'll get to see the Teck Tiara before that.
Confirmation that those great tiaras - Rundell, Nizam of Hyderabad, and Girls of England - is truly devastating for all jewellery watchers.
The question is... Which Teck tiara? The crescent and rose or the wheatear or some other? HRH the Duchess of Teck had an extensive collection of jewels!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Gentry

Quote:
The question is... Which Teck tiara? The crescent and rose or the wheatear or some other? HRH the Duchess of Teck had an extensive collection of jewels!
In the thread linked it was said to be the Rose and Crescent.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I must say, when I first read "Teck Tiara", I automatically assumed the Duchess of Teck Rose and Crescent Tiara was meant.
Of course, it can be one of the other tiaras in royal vaults (Queen Mary wore a lot of jewellery), but for me Teck tiara always meant the Teck Rose and Crescent one.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Aristocracy

I can't wait for my book to arrive now!!!!
Old 05-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I must say, when I first read "Teck Tiara", I automatically assumed the Duchess of Teck Rose and Crescent Tiara was meant.
Of course, it can be one of the other tiaras in royal vaults (Queen Mary wore a lot of jewellery), but for me Teck tiara always meant the Teck Rose and Crescent one.
That's the tiara I always assumed to be the Teck one, too.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalMess View Post
It also says the Teck tiara is on loan to Camilla. The question is why haven't we seen it on her?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Maybe the Teck tiara is being held for a particular occasion for Camilla to wear, or not until Charles ascends the throne.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

My sense is that if Camilla has not worn the Teck tiara so far, she is unlikely to wear it in a hurry, if at all. She seems to have settled on a few favourite pieces (including the Greville Boucheron tiara) and tends to use them frequently.

That said, it is interesting that HM gave (loaned) Camilla 3 tiaras, a number higher than any other member of the BRF other than HM herself.

Tags
british, emerald, jewellery, past, queen victoria, tiaras