The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Oriental Circlet

This tiara is beautiful! I love the floral design.I personally would prefer regular diamonds instead of rubies on it, but I still love it.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

It's such a beautiful tiara! I wish it were worn more often by the Queen or other senior royals. Camilla, for example, would look wonderful in it. Since she already wears the Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara, I daresay we will see this gorgeous piece, paired with some breathtaking ruby jewellery... I can dream, can't I?

Old 03-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

This is such an exotic tiara with those almost Moorish-type arches in the design. I love it with the rubies. I wish this would be taken out of drydock and worn as well.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry, but I have never really liked this design. This Tiara is not one of my favorites!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Courtier

I would love to see this tiara on Catherine.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
I would love to see this tiara on Catherine.

I didn't even think of that! I was hoping to see it on Camilla. But Catherine would look wonderful in rubies.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Consort Ming View Post
I didn't even think of that! I was hoping to see it on Camilla. But Catherine would look wonderful in rubies.
We will have to wait fopr both woman until they are are Queen. It was left by queen Victoria to the Crown to wear for the Queens. The Queenmother was allowed by her daughter to wear it further (as a few other pieces) after she became a widow.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Courtier

I do agree , this tiara would look especially lovely on Catherine. There is something about it being rather delicate and substantial at the same time.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

If I ever got my hands on the Oriental Circlet my reaction would be much like Amy's was on the Big Bang Theory when Sheldon got her a special present:

Old 04-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I love it; thanks so much for the laugh! That would probably be my reaction as well with any of the tiaras from the royal vaults.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Serene Highness

I definitely know that would be my reaction if I were to get my hands on the girls of great Britain tiara. I would love to wear one but I feel like they are all heavy on my head.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Consort Ming View Post
I tend to agree - I don't think it is a tiara which would fit Camilla. She needs the more dramatic big pieces. This would be a nice fit for Catherine. Although - at the moment I would really like to see her one more time with a tiara at all! Almost 1 year since the wedding - and no tiara appearance since then. This is really disappointing for us tiaraholics.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent

There just doesn't seem to be enough tiara occasions anymore, but I'm hoping for one or two during the Jubilee.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: The Queen's Top 10 Diamonds: #6. The Koh-i-Noor

This diamond is absolutley stunning! A very majestic piece that's perfect for a queen. I hope Queen Elizabeth wears it someday.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: The Queen's Top 10 Diamonds: #6. The Koh-i-Noor

This diamond is absolutley stunning! A very majestic piece that's perfect for a queen. I hope Queen Elizabeth wears it someday.
I doubt she would take it out of the Queen Mothers crown. QEII has no shortage of impressive diamonds. Grannies chips are always there when she decides big stones are called for.
My guess is you will not see the Kohinoor in action again until the coronation of Charles III when the crown is worn by Camilla.
I recall that the crown sparkled quite nicely when it was atop the Queen Mothers coffin at her state funeral.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
...My guess is you will not see the Kohinoor in action again until the coronation of Charles III when the crown is worn by Camilla.
Actually, I hope that the Queen and Camilla both leave the Koh-i-Noor alone to avoid dealing with the question of whether it should be returned to India. It does inspire some intense feelings on the part of Indians who feel the diamond and other valuable gems were wrongly taken away during imperial times. I don't support giving the diamond back, but I do hope that both ladies are wise enough to steer clear of getting involved in the debate.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: The Queen's Top 10 Diamonds: #1. The Cullinan Diamond

Wow. Amazing diamond and interesting history!
Old 04-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

I enjoyed the Cullinan diamond posting as well!
Old 04-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Like most royal jewels, very impressive and a lot of history behind it.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

They're certainly monsters, but they're actually incredibly beautiful too. I'm glad they're in the Crown Regalia now, trying to make any kind of jewellery with them would just look silly.

Tags
british, emerald, jewellery, past, queen victoria, tiaras