British Royal Jewels of the Past 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do expect some great jewels to be displayed for Charles's Coronation. Charles is a royal from way back and like women to look grand in jewels.

Camilla will be able to carry that off well...she won't look overdone if she really decks herself out.

Kate will have to be more careful but I do hope she wears more than we've seen to date.

I wonder about the York girls...then Zara, and Autumn etc.

LaRae

Camilla will be able to carry that off well...she won't look overdone if she really decks herself out.

Kate will have to be more careful but I do hope she wears more than we've seen to date.

I wonder about the York girls...then Zara, and Autumn etc.

LaRae

Possibly the York ladies will wear tiaras for the Coronation, but I don't expect anything for Zara and Autumn. They're not princesses of the U.K. They will likely wear beautiful hats with their outfits.

I'm not sure Zara will wear a coronet and tiara.

Has she ever worn one? Doesn't seem quite her style does it....hmmm I could see her doing an a fancy hat.

LaRae

Zara wore her mother's Meander tiara for her wedding. I don't think there's really been any occasions for coronets in recent memory but I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone else will know.

Zara wore her mother's Meander tiara for her wedding. I don't think there's really been any occasions for coronets in recent memory but I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone else will know.

Yeah for her wedding, but I'm not sure she'll wear one for her uncles coronation.

:previous:

princess or not zara is a granddaughter a monarch she will definitely wear a coronet so why not a tiara with it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronet#British_coronet_rankings

Zara would not be the sovereign's granddaughter because in this situation Charles is the sovereign. She would be his niece.

Can't see the youngster like Mia, George and Charlotte there unless they are 8 or older. It's a pretty long service. Charles as a young kid didn't attend the whole thing when his mom was crown.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

princess alexandra wore her's and the coronation was for her cousin , it's like the title once you are titled u will always gona be titled whether they are children or grandchildren of a current monarch or a former monarch

princess alexandra wore her's and the coronation was for her cousin , it's like the title once you are titled u will always gona be titled whether they are children or grandchildren of a current monarch or a former monarch

Zara isn't titled.

Zara isn't titled.

yes she is not titled but now she have precedence after Lady Louise Windsor and before Viscountess Linley and the kents and the Gloucesters who are all titled like i said before a granddaughter of a monarch is like a title

Zara isn't titled.

Title as in granddaughter of the monarch. When Charles is king, she will still be granddaughter of a monarch, just former. Royal ladies (which she is title or not) wear coronets. As will any lady entitled (like opening of parliament). Like George VI and Elizabeth's all royal family will be included in the procession with the pomp and ceremony which includes coronets. She wont be among more minor ladies, she will be surrounded by women in coronets and tiaras.

Just because she's the granddaughter of the Queen doesn't mean she's automatically entitled to a coronet. She's not an HRH/princess.

Unlike Beatrice and Eugenie, Zara's personal arms don't bear a coronet.

She can't very well show up at the coronation decked out like she's royal.

this is the coronet of grandchildren of monarchs who are not prince/ss
246px-Coronet_of_a_Child_of_a_Daughter_of_the_Sovereign.svg.png

^^^ Thanks. I didn't know that. Her arms don't have a coronet.

She would still need permission though. Coronets are regulated through the College of Arms.

Are there examples of non royal grandchildren using coronets?

no there isn't any examples cause the uk is the only country that have coronets in the coronation and the grandchildren of monarchs were always titled either they were descendants of a female or a male child of a monarch

I am not sold on a large coronation in the style of the Queen's for Charles'. I have seen a 'price' of around a billion for a coronation on that scale due to security concerns along with all the other associated expenses and there is no way the British people would stand for that - particularly with a 6 billion price tag for the refurbishment of the Houses of Parliament and another billion or so already stated for BP.

There is no way they will shut down Westminster Abbey for six months to put in seating - and that means a lot fewer people in the Abbey.

With all the hereditary peers and peeresses expected to attend (after all that was a major reason for these ceremonies in the first place - so that the nobles could personally swear allegiance to the monarch) along with all the GGs and High Commissioners of the Commonwealth and then the representatives of other nations (not the Heads of State unless a personal relative) there won't be room for many other people.

I can see it not being a full tiara affair at all - as a move towards the more European style of changeover which I suspect will be the case for William.

When I was last at the Royal Mews they even suggested that it was possible that the Gold State Coach may not be used as it will cost 10 million pounds to refurbish it and that cost is going up annually as well. The other coaches and carriages get used and so are better maintained while it sits there as it costs so much to even move it for any form of maintenance.

there is no need for closing Westminster Abbey for six months it can be done now in less than 2/3 weeks it's not the 50's anymore , the coronation won't be that much different of a royal wedding even less than a royal wedding cause you don't have as much heads of states in the same place

Last edited:
Very pretty....when's the last time it was worn?

LaRae

Elegant and beautiful tiara! Ans as necklace too!!

Alexandra was lucky that Bertie was a generous husband in those early years. I can't imagine Queen Victoria, deep in her mourning and deploring London Society life, handing over too many of her jewels!

Incidentally I believe Bertie's wedding ring bought for Alexandra contained the stones Beryl, emerald, ruby, Topaz, Jancinthe (representing the i) etc., spelling out 'Bertie'. Typical of many acrostic Victorian rings, which have messages like 'Dearest' in gemstones.

Last edited:
Beautiful! When was it worn last?

LaRae

Isn't it still property of the Duke of Fife and hasn't been sold off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom