British Royal Jewels of the Past 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
It's such a beautiful tiara! I wish it were worn more often by the Queen or other senior royals. Camilla, for example, would look wonderful in it. Since she already wears the Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara, I daresay we will see this gorgeous piece, paired with some breathtaking ruby jewellery... I can dream, can't I?

This is such an exotic tiara with those almost Moorish-type arches in the design. I love it with the rubies. I wish this would be taken out of drydock and worn as well.

Sorry, but I have never really liked this design. This Tiara is not one of my favorites!

I didn't even think of that! I was hoping to see it on Camilla. But Catherine would look wonderful in rubies.
We will have to wait fopr both woman until they are are Queen. It was left by queen Victoria to the Crown to wear for the Queens. The Queenmother was allowed by her daughter to wear it further (as a few other pieces) after she became a widow.

I do agree , this tiara would look especially lovely on Catherine. There is something about it being rather delicate and substantial at the same time.

:previous:I love it; thanks so much for the laugh! That would probably be my reaction as well with any of the tiaras from the royal vaults.

I definitely know that would be my reaction if I were to get my hands on the girls of great Britain tiara. I would love to wear one but I feel like they are all heavy on my head.

I didn't even think of that! I was hoping to see it on Camilla. But Catherine would look wonderful in rubies.

I tend to agree - I don't think it is a tiara which would fit Camilla. She needs the more dramatic big pieces. This would be a nice fit for Catherine. Although - at the moment I would really like to see her one more time with a tiara at all! Almost 1 year since the wedding - and no tiara appearance since then. This is really disappointing for us tiaraholics. :ermm:

There just doesn't seem to be enough tiara occasions anymore, but I'm hoping for one or two during the Jubilee.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: The Queen's Top 10 Diamonds: #6. The Koh-i-Noor

This diamond is absolutley stunning! A very majestic piece that's perfect for a queen. I hope Queen Elizabeth wears it someday.

I doubt she would take it out of the Queen Mothers crown. QEII has no shortage of impressive diamonds. Grannies chips are always there when she decides big stones are called for.
My guess is you will not see the Kohinoor in action again until the coronation of Charles III when the crown is worn by Camilla.
I recall that the crown sparkled quite nicely when it was atop the Queen Mothers coffin at her state funeral.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: The Queen's Top 10 Diamonds: #6. The Koh-i-Noor

This diamond is absolutley stunning! A very majestic piece that's perfect for a queen. I hope Queen Elizabeth wears it someday.

...My guess is you will not see the Kohinoor in action again until the coronation of Charles III when the crown is worn by Camilla.

Actually, I hope that the Queen and Camilla both leave the Koh-i-Noor alone to avoid dealing with the question of whether it should be returned to India. It does inspire some intense feelings on the part of Indians who feel the diamond and other valuable gems were wrongly taken away during imperial times. I don't support giving the diamond back, but I do hope that both ladies are wise enough to steer clear of getting involved in the debate.

I enjoyed the Cullinan diamond posting as well!

Like most royal jewels, very impressive and a lot of history behind it.

They're certainly monsters, but they're actually incredibly beautiful too. I'm glad they're in the Crown Regalia now, trying to make any kind of jewellery with them would just look silly.

OMG, these diamonds are giant, but so beautiful!! :wub: The brooch looks splendid, thanks for sharing, IloveCP!! :flowers:

NEWSFLASH Everyone!!!!!

The new book by Hugh Roberts - The Queen's Diamonds reports that the so called Rundell Tiara was in fact made by Garrards and was left to Princess Victoria who disposed of it!!! A must buy I think!

Oh my! Does the book say anything about the Nizam of Hyderabad, Girls of England, Surrey and Cartier Loop tiaras?

cmbruno said:
Oh my! Does the book say anything about the Nizam of Hyderabad, Girls of England, Surrey and Cartier Loop tiaras?

It certainly does !!!! Direct quotations are on the RJWMB !

My heart is breaking over the dismantling of that gorgeous tiara, even if it was for another beautiful jewel. Terrible loss.

Last edited:
My heart is crying for the dismantling of the Ladies of England tiara, it was one of my favourites! And it was broken to made the Lover's Knot tiara, which I don't like!:angry:

NEWSFLASH Everyone!!!!!

The new book by Hugh Roberts - The Queen's Diamonds reports that the so called Rundell Tiara was in fact made by Garrards and was left to Princess Victoria who disposed of it!!! A must buy I think!

I am heartbroken over the "Rundell" a/k/a Queen Alexandra's wedding tiara. What a loss!!!!!:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom