Bhutan Royal Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Ashi Jetsun at the Presidential palace in New Delhi, India - October 24th, 2011.
Earrings

Don't often see the amethyst-moonstone combination in jewelry but it's fantastic on her! She is beyond ravishing.

Kasumi said:

Just wishes to clarify, the necklaces and earings that the Queens (including the bride) wore during the wedding are not made of Coral and Silver but Tibetan Dzi Beads: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dzi_bead

It's called 'Heaven Pearl' in Chinese and generally believed to have mysterious spiritual power to the wearer and the cost varies. See the different types of Dzi beads here: http://www.dzi-beads.com/.

^^^Those are huge and must be very heavy. I wonder if they're clip earrings. They're gloriously sumptuous and it looks like the center stone in the dangling part is the amethyst and the stud part is the turquoise.

Last edited:
...I wonder if they're clip earrings. They're gloriously sumptuous and it looks like the center stone in the dangling part is the amethyst and the stud part is the turquoise.
It's difficult to say if they are clip earrings. I'll try to find better photo.
Yes, I believe you are right, the amethyst is huge and has very bright colour.

The Queen's new dangling earrings at the ceremony at the Keio University - November 17th, 2011.

Earrings

Those look interesting, but I can't make out the stones. I wonder if the clear one is a diamond.

Those look interesting, but I can't make out the stones. I wonder if the clear one is a diamond.
:previous:
It appears that there is a large pale amethyst as a dangling part, and a smaller one pear-shape stone surrounded by diamonds. And yellow gold. :flowers:

Picture - credits Getty

Last edited:
:previous:Thank you for the identification of the stones. I love their expressions, BTW, they look so happy.:wub:

The Queen Jetsun's floral earring during visit to Fukushima pref. - November 18th, 2011.

Floral earrings

Last edited:
That looks like a diamond tennis bracelet and the watch face has an unusual shape.

Beautiful; I hope for the Queen's sake those are clip earrings. Those must be heavy.

The Queen Jetsun's floral earring during welcoming by Thai PM today.
The Queen has worn this pair on her visit to Fukushima pref.

Diamond floral earrings

The Queen's new dangling earrings at the ceremony at the Keio University - November 17th, 2011.

Earrings

Close up:

Image have been cropped and are not subject of copyright

Attachments

• jewels (7).jpg
    jewels (7).jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 2,898
I just love these earrings. It looks like an unusually shaped amethyst and it's so big! The green stones look like either emeralds or peridots.

Last edited:
Contemporary jewelry artist, Anna Hu, celebrates her fine jewelry designs being worn by the recently married Queen Jetsun Pema of Bhutan. The Queen dressed in Anna Hu's Haute Joaillerie on her honeymoon and official visit to Japan last week, to meet Japanese Empress Michiko. Queen Jetsun Pema also wore the artist's stunning jewels, designed especially for her, at her wedding to King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck on October 13, 2011.
The artist created the "Beloved Poppy Earrings" to symbolize Bhutan's national flower, the beautiful blue poppy. The flower represents harmony, endless peace, and the non-materialistic pursuit of happiness. It inspired Anna to create this piece of jewelry as a wish of love and peace for the new Queen's marriage. The earrings are cast in 18K white gold, with a ruby center stone surrounded by sapphires, paraiba, and diamonds.
- Source

Beloved Poppy earrings
Fantastic jewels!:flowers:

Last edited:
Queen Ashi Jetsun Pema Wangchuk during HM the King's book presentation - New Delhi, October 30th, 2011.

ametyst+moonstone gold earrings

These earrings look great! Amethyst & moonstone is an interesting combo, two of my favorite stones anyway.
Looking through the thread I must say that the Queen's jewellery is generally very interesting and beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom