Bhutan Royal Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have the Queen Jetsun Pema worn a tiara for a state visit?

:previous: No, I don't think she has. Iirc, they have payed a State Visit to Japan and there were no tiaras at the State Banquet. The Japanese ladies also didn't wear tiara.

Royal-hair on Tumblr found a picture of Princess Ashi Dechen Wangmo wearing the same gold bandeau that Queen Jetsun Pema wore to the Japanese Enthronement. She's the aunt of the current king and she wore the bandeau at her brother's coronation in 1974.

Tumblr - Ashi Dechen Wangmo wearing the gold bandeau

Last edited:
Princess Ashi Euphelma Choden Wangchuck, the king's younger sister, married Dasho Thinlay Norbu at Dechencholing Palace today. The groom is Queen Jetsun Pema's younger brother. The bride wore a silk brocade headpiece and a necklace with large reddish stones (carnelian maybe?) and dzi beads.

His Majesty King Jigme Khesar - Instagram

I wouldn't call Queen Jetsum Pema's hair ornament a tiara. It's a diamond riviere arranged in her hair, as there is clearly not frame for it. It's a bit strange, because she has some kind of tiaras during her own wedding celebrations.

I wouldn't call Queen Jetsum Pema's hair ornament a tiara. It's a diamond riviere arranged in her hair, as there is clearly not frame for it. It's a bit strange, because she has some kind of tiaras during her own wedding celebrations.

The necklace she is wearing looks as though all it needs is a frame to be a gorgeous tiara. Interesting that she chose something so subtle for her hair ornament.

Back
Top Bottom