Bernadotte Family Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
help me out and identify these jewllery
do you regonnice any of the jewllwery these ladies wears

Attachments

• 5615746_1.jpg
    5615746_1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,527
  • 5615659_1.jpg
    5615659_1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,369
  • 5616477_1.jpg
    5616477_1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,441
  • 10659341_1.jpg
    10659341_1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,143
  • 10659325_1.jpg
    10659325_1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,428
  • 10508313_1.jpg
    10508313_1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,799
  • 9929455_1.jpg
    9929455_1.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,921
  • 10660791_1.jpg
    10660791_1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,228
  • 10660678_1.jpg
    10660678_1.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,227
  • 10660528_1.jpg
    10660528_1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,500
Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,081
  • Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 1,184
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 1,100
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 986
queen Josefina

Attachments

• Untitled-6.jpg
    Untitled-6.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 1,069
  • Untitled-7.jpg
    Untitled-7.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 1,120
  • Untitled-9.jpg
    Untitled-9.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,170
  • Untitled-8.jpg
    Untitled-8.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 1,105
  • Untitled-10.jpg
    Untitled-10.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 1,880
  • Untitled-15.jpg
    Untitled-15.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 2,301
  • skanna.jpg
    skanna.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,100
Last edited:
queen Lovisa

Attachments

• Untitled-12.jpg
    Untitled-12.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,098
  • Untitled-11.jpg
    Untitled-11.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,654
  • Untitled-13.jpg
    Untitled-13.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 1,736
I think in post number 5,the 4th picture is queen Josefina and not queen Desiree,just look at this picture

Attachments

• bdynasty.jpg
    bdynasty.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,104
Last edited:
maybe let me look into it i have scanned the photos from a book about swedish queens they may have come in the wrong order

and if anyone can help out with the differemnt jewllery please help out

cute girl you are right Q D is in the photo but to the left of Queen Joefina thank you for telling me

can someone help me to identify some of the tiaras at princess christinas wedding

Attachments

• Bröllopsbild.jpg
    Bröllopsbild.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 2,159
It looks like queen Ingrid have the ruby set on, who is a part of the danish crown jewels.
Last time we have seen it was on Mary

I believe it was Queen Ingrid's favorite jewelry and that she brought it with her from Sweden to Denmark. As far as I know it doesn't belong to the crown.

I think Mary wears it so much 1) because it's the only set she has or 2) because it means a lot to Frederik that his wife wears his late grand mother's favorite jewelry.

Oh, what an exiting thread this is. Seeing all these old queens with jewelry that Queen Silvia and the princesses wear today.

This is a really cool thread Josefine! Seeing past Swedish ladies wearing the Baden Fringe tiara (below) just like Victoria. I like the fact that these jewels have passed down from generation to generation. Just makes it more exciting!
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=92241&d=1108049412

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=94555&d=1108542183
(^Is this the Cameo Tiara?) If it is, I hope we'll have future pictures of Victoria and Madeleine wearing it on their wedding day!

Yes, that is the Cameo Tiara....Queen Silvia wore on her wedding day.

A great thread indeed Josefine, thank you so much for putting so much work into it!
As far as the identification jewels is concerned, here's all I can come up with:
Your Post No. 2:
Pic # 2 shows the Baden Fringe tiara and the choker which is mostly worn by Pr. Madeleine these days.
Pics # 5 & 6: The Braganca tiara.
Your Post No. 3:
Princess Ingrid before she became Queen of Denmark, wearing the full cameo parure.
Your Post No. 4:
Pic # 1 I believe shows the diamond tiara that is worn by Queen Sonja of Norway these days,
Pic # 4 is definitely the cameo tiaa, which raises a muc-discussed question again: Did it become part of the Bernadotte collection through the Leuchtenberg inheritance, like the sapphire parure, or was it there before? I always thought that it in fact belonged to the first Bernadotte Queen, Desideria, which would make it the oldest, most historical tiara in the Royal Swedish House.
Your Post No. 5:
I believe that Pic # 3 shows the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara in its original setting with upstanding pearl spikes.
Pic # 5 is most intriguing: What a charming tiara and full parure of beautiful coloured stones that 've never seen before! You might post this on the Royal Jewels MB for our real experts to start a hunt of identifying this set!
Your Post No. 6:
Pic # 3: The pearl & diamond brooch shown here has been worn by all of today's Royal Swedish ladies.
Post No. 10:
Princess Lilian is wearing her Laurel Leaf tiara which is quite interesting as she was not married to Prince Bertil yet at this time & therefore not even a 'real' member of the RF!
Again, thanks so much for your efforts Josefine. Much appreciated.

Boris said:
Pic # 4 is definitely the cameo tiaa, which raises a muc-discussed question again: Did it become part of the Bernadotte collection through the Leuchtenberg inheritance, like the sapphire parure, or was it there before? I always thought that it in fact belonged to the first Bernadotte Queen, Desideria, which would make it the oldest, most historical tiara in the Royal Swedish House.
Oh my God, all this scrolling up and down. Phew !! :D So cool you know so much about the queen's tiaras !!

Pic 4 in the Desideria post I think (as cute_girl mentioned) it's actually Josefina. She's entertaining the two children just like on the bigger family painting like in post 7.

I found this text about the Cameo set:
http://royal-jewels4.tripod.com/bernadotte/cameo.html
(I have absolutely no idea who the third photo below the text is, down, to the left)

Boris said:
Pic # 5 is most intriguing: What a charming tiara and full parure of beautiful coloured stones that 've never seen before! You might post this on the Royal Jewels MB for our real experts to start a hunt of identifying this set!
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=94979&d=1108596073
You mean this picture ??

Sorry, regarding the unidentified parure of colored stones I was really referring to Pic # 6 in Josefine's Post No. 5:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...9&d=1108596073

Sorry too for the lots of scrolling up & down indeed which is bound to make one confuse things from time to time! But Josefine provided such great pics from the past that it should be worth it.
I have no idea either who the 'third lady' is on
http://royal-jewels4.tripod.com/bernadotte/cameo.html

I'm also puzzled by the comment there that it's not quite sure whether the cameo parure is part of the Bernadotte Foundation. I always took it for granted that it was...

Josefine said:
can someone help me to identify some of the tiaras at princess christinas wedding

Connaught Laurel Wreath tiara worn by the bride, Desideria ruby parure by Queen Ingrid, Desideria diamond tiara by Queen Sonja, Laurel wreath tiara by Lillian, Queen Louise's tiara by Princess Desiree, Four button tiara by Princess Brigitta, Swedish Aquamarine tiara by Princess Margaretha of Sweden, Wurrtember pearl tiara by Beatrix. There are full colour pictures in the Royal Families of the World by Reginal Davies (1979).

Last edited:
Daneborn said:
I believe it was Queen Ingrid's favorite jewelry and that she brought it with her from Sweden to Denmark. As far as I know it doesn't belong to the crown.

I think Mary wears it so much 1) because it's the only set she has or 2) because it means a lot to Frederik that his wife wears his late grand mother's favorite jewelry.

Oh, what an exiting thread this is. Seeing all these old queens with jewelry that Queen Silvia and the princesses wear today.

The tiara was actually brought to Denmark by Louise "Swan" of Sweden, who was the grandmother of Queen Ingrid's husband. The set is not a part of the crown jewels & is actually owned by Crown Prince Frederick. It was left to him by his grandmother.

Sean.~ said:
The tiara was actually brought to Denmark by Louise "Swan" of Sweden, who was the grandmother of Queen Ingrid's husband. The set is not a part of the crown jewels & is actually owned by Crown Prince Frederick. It was left to him by his grandmother.
I found this site on the internet, which contains beautiful pictures of many Norwegian and Danish jewels.

http://www.gemmologi.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=14

So interesting that the ruby parure goes all the way back to Queen Desideria and that it 1) wasn't made part of the Bernadotte foundation 2) was brought to Denmark by crown princess Louise and 3) wasn't really seen before Queen Ingrid had it changed and started using it.

I mean, none of the many pictures with Desideria and Josefina show the ruby parure.

If the ruby parure belongs to Frederik it's a delicate question what would happen if Frederik and Mary, like Joachim and Alexandra, were divorced ?? I wonder if Mary or Alexandra own any of the jewels that make them look like princesses in our eyes ? (Alexandra is often seen with one certain tiara I believe is from Queen Alexandrine. I wonder if she owns it or just is allowed to use it as long as she lives.)

I think they should put all the jewelry in a family foundation like the Swedish so it can't suddenly end up in just anybody's possesion if a divorced princess runs out of cash and puts it in an auction.

Desideria wore it to Napoleon's coronation. And, AFAIRC, it was seen before Ingrid had it changed and started using it, there are pictures somewhere. Thanks for the link.

who were the first to wear tiaras and diadems in the swedish royal family

Swedish royal jewels in past

I found on Profimedia this picture:
queenvictoria.jpg

It's queen Victoria with Leuchtenberg sapphire parure.
So I thought it would be interesting to see some Sweden's historic jewels ;) :lol:

Remamber that the 2 main Parures belonging to Norway, were once in Swedish possesion, given to CP Martha on her marriage to the CP of Norway! Also the ruby and Diamond parure, once belonging to Queen Ingrid, now being worn by CP Mary was once of Swedish possesion.

auntie said:
Remamber that the 2 main Parures belonging to Norway, were once in Swedish possesion, given to CP Martha on her marriage to the CP of Norway! Also the ruby and Diamond parure, once belonging to Queen Ingrid, now being worn by CP Mary was once of Swedish possesion.

The emerald parure was given to Crown princess Märtha when she gave birth to her son Harald in 1937. And Queens Desiree's Dioamond Tiara was inherited by Queen Lovisa of Denmark after the death of her grandmother in and later by her daughter unmarried daughter Thyra who left it to Crown Princess Märtha.

The diamond and ruby Parure now in the danish Royal Family stayd only in the Swedish Royal Family for 2 generations. Queen Desideria brought it with her to Sweden and left it to her daughter-in-law Joséphine who left it to her only granddaughter Lovisa.

Thanks for the info Stefan, what tiaras did the CP wear when she was first married to the Crown Prince? Did she bring with any other jewels?

auntie said:
Thanks for the info Stefan, what tiaras did the CP wear when she was first married to the Crown Prince? Did she bring with any other jewels?
Don't know which she wore in the early years but she was given the Vasa Diamond Tiara now worn by Princess Astrid as a wedding Gift from the City of Stockholm so probably she wore this one.

Last edited:
I'm also puzzled by the comment there that it's not quite sure whether the cameo parure is part of the Bernadotte Foundation. I always took it for granted that it was...

A bit of a late answer, but still, here it is.
Queen Josefina left the entire cameo parure to her daughter, princess Eugenie. She never married and left it to her nephew, the equally artistic Prince Eugen, the youngest son of King Oskar II and Queen Sofia. He was also unmarried and, of course, had no need for a tiara. I think he lent it to ladies in the family, at least CP Margareta and the then Princess Ingrid has worn it. When Prince Gustav Adolf married Princess Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, Prince Eugen gave the cameo parure to the bride as a wedding gift. She later left it to her son, the current King Carl Gustaf, and the question now is wether the King has added it to the foundation or if it's his private property. The same goes for the Connaught tiara, which he also inherited from his mother.

Princess Eugenie did a lot of charity work and founded a hospital called Eugenia-hemmet. To finance the hospital, she sold a lot of jewellery she had inherited from her mother and grandmother, thankfully she kept the cameo parure.

Here a picture of Karin, the first wife of Prince Lennart Bernadotte. Does anybody know anything about the tiara she is wearing?

pes_53363.jpg

--

I suppose GD Maria Pavlovna sold all her jewels, so Lennart didn' t inherit anything from his mother?

I'm also curious about this tiara, I've read parts of a book by Lennart Bernadotte and I found no mentioning of tiaras, although he talked about Karin and his mother and losing his title &c..

This image from IBL shows Count Lennart with Countess Karin and their daughter Cia. I don't know when it was taken, but here both ladies are wearing small tiaras, though not the one posted above. Are/were these owned by the Count and his family or can they have been loans? The one Countess Karin is wearing looks a lot like Crown Princess Victoria's first tiara, but maybe that one is smaller then this.

Picture of the two tiaras

I´m a new member and saw this thread just recently. Very interesting!:flowers:

I would like to know more about five tiaras worn by Swedish Royal Ladies today, and hope it's OK to write them in this thread. Sorry I haven't sent any pictures, but my tecknical skills are ...:eek: And I have to learn more about the copy-right rules as well.

Here's my questions anyway.

1) When Crown Princess Margareta died in 1920, her five children inherited her jewellery, and they all seems to have got at last one tiara each. (Prince Gustav Adolf - the Connaught Tiara, Prince Sigvard - the Ruby tiara from Edward VII, Princess Ingrid - the Cartier Tiara, Prince Bertil - the Laurel Leaf tiara.) Did Prince Carl-Johan (now Count Bernadotte) inherit a tiara as well? His forst wife Countess Kerstin Bernadotte writes in her memoirs that she wore a beautiful Sapphire tiara, once owned by her husbands mother. I have seen photos of Countess Gunnilla Bernadotte with a tiara, but never read any information or seen any close-ups. I would be very happy for information!

2) Princess Margareta (born 1934) and her daughter sometimes wear a "aquamarine tiara" (for example at Princess Christina's wedding 1974). Could anyone tell me more about this tiara?

3) Princess Birgitta (or her daughter) sometimes wear a tiara with circles of pearls. Does anyone know more about this tiara?

4) Princess Desirée often wears a tiara shaped as a triangel, quite Art Deco IMO. I have seen pictures of Queen Louise wearing the same tiara.
More information ver appreciated!

5) Princess Christina often wears a simple but very elegant tiara with "low spikes", for example at Nobel 2008. I would be happy for more information about this tiara too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom