Bernadotte Family Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a beautiful and historic tiara,its great to see it being worn again of late after many years in jewel purgatory.

Thank for posting about this post

one find seems to be one of the four buttons from the four buttton tiara.
This would then be the first time we see one of the bruttons connected to victoria.

Bernadotte Family Jewels

To be honest, the braganza tiara is a bit to much for my taste. Though i like it. It's good to have a piece like that for the first lady to show off when the dress code demands real grandeur.

I agree that the Braganza tiara is too big to fit today's style. Yet imo it is a beautiful historic artefact and I love how it has been worn by many generations of royals. To me it is always a feast to see it worn. Luckily Queen Silvia has the talent to make this whopper tiara look good.

It seems that you were right. Here is a photo of Carl Johan Bernadotte with his first wife Kerstin wearing the brooch. They got married in 1946.
https://cdn1.cdnme.se/cdn/7-2/356466/images/2008/bild_452_1208438728_1823089.jpg
Kerstin had the brooch also in 1962.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
It seems to me that Kerstin has worn the necklace also as a tiara, at the king's and Silvia's pre-wedding event.

But queen Silvia wore the grenade brooch sometimes at the beginning of 80's.

Here is another photo of Kerstin Bernadotte wearing Crown princess Margareta's diamond brooch of the Grenadiers, and her necklace/tiara this time as a necklace.

Crown Princess Victoria wearing the diamond brooch from the Grenadiers at Lund University, 26th April 2008.

Jewels of the late Princess Ingeborg were given too :

1) Margaretha, Princess Axel of Denmark.

Who wore 2 of her Mother's tiaras
When she passed away , her tiaras were worn by Countess Ruth and one was given to Princess Raghnild as She was her Godmother. Princess Margaretha of luxembourg was her Goldchild too ,but she received nothing.

2) Märtha , Crown Princess of Norway who received the huge Emerald tiara and necklace who are worn now by the Queen of Norway;

3) the Widow of Queen Astrid , King Leopold III received nothing.
Perhaps because Queen Astrid's jewels were seen on Princess Lilian.
Her only belgian granddaughter Princess Josephine Charlotte received nothing.

4) Prince Carl Bernadotte received ??
His only daughter Madeleine is wearing jewels from her Mother's family (von Rosen)

Last edited:
I mainly follow the tiaras, so I don't know much about her other jewels.

CP Märtha received the emerald parure from her mother during the war, when Märtha had to go into exile. So strictly speaking this parure was no inheritance. But it it might explain why Märtha received no other tiara as inheritance.

Märtha's had borrowed the Boucheron circle tiara from her mother at least once. But afaik it was her daughter Princess Ragnhild who inherited the tiara. Ragnhild was not only Princess Ingeborg's granddaughter, but also her godchild.

I think that Prince Carl inherited Ingeborg's diamond tiara. Princess Afaik it is now sold. Countess Ruth has borrowed this tiara sometimes.

Princess Margareta received the turquoise star tiara. This tiara later became famous because Countess Ruth wore it often.

It is understandable that Astrid's widower did not inherit anything. But why not Astrid's children? Maybe we will never find an answer.

It is a very nice looking tiara. I'm sure that we would have seen it worn by one of the contemporary royal laidies if this jewel were still in the family. Here is another picture of Queen Lovisa, I believe it is the same tiara:
View image: SE lovisa1

And here with another tiara: View image: SE lovisa2
It's a pity that the pis is so small, I wish there were a better view.

i wonder what happned to queen lovisas tiara

It is a very nice looking tiara. I'm sure that we would have seen it worn by one of the contemporary royal laidies if this jewel were still in the family. Here is another picture of Queen Lovisa, I believe it is the same tiara:
View image: SE lovisa1

And here with another tiara: View image: SE lovisa2
It's a pity that the pis is so small, I wish there were a better view.

Could it be this one? Left to Princess Christina by her godmother Elsa Bernadotte who in turn inherited it from her grandmother Queen Sofia who was the sister-in-law of Queen LovisaImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1431010754.492991.jpgImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1431010762.492058.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Countess Marianne Bernadotte tiaras

Countess Marianne Bernadotte, the widow of the King's uncle Count Sigvard, has worn three tiaras.

This pearl and diamond tiara seems to be a favourite as she has worn it the most:
View image: Bernadotte Marianne pearl tiara

At the Nobel Awards in 2012, look at the pearl choker as well!
View image: bernadotte marianne pearl 2012

This tiara has not been seen in a long time, this picture is from a ball in 1988
View image: bernadotte marianne arch 1988

She has an amethyst necklace which she wore as a tiara at Madeleine's wedding
View image: bernadotte marianne amethyst 2013

Here an older pic of the necklace
View image: bernadotte marianne amethyst necklace

I wonder if the frame for the amethyst is newly made? It could be that the Napoleonic amethyst tiara from the Bernadotte foundation gave the Countess some useful inspiration;).

Last edited:
I wonder which tiara Countess Marianne will wear for the sweden Future Wedding.
I wonder also if Countess Madeleine will wear the late Countess Kristine tiara.

:previous: I would love to see Countess Marianne with the 2nd tiara, the one with the diamond arches. She hasn't worn it in a long time and I long to see better photos of this jewel. But I think she will rather wear one of the other two since they seem to be more substantial.

We will see whether Countess Madeleine is invited at all. She attended Victoria's wedding, but not Madeleine's. If she attends it will be interesting to see which tiara she chooses.

:previous: I

We will see whether Countess Madeleine is invited at all. She attended Victoria's wedding, but not Madeleine's. If she attends it will be interesting to see which tiara she chooses.

She certainly attended Madeleine's Wedding. The pic you oposted of her with the amethyst tiara is from that Wedding. So i guess she wiill attend also this Wedding.
Hasn't she also worn the ruby tiara in the 60's?

I must admit I do like the amethyst necklace mounted as a tiara,it was an interesting reinvention!

She certainly attended Madeleine's Wedding. The pic you oposted of her with the amethyst tiara is from that Wedding. So i guess she wiill attend also this Wedding.
Hasn't she also worn the ruby tiara in the 60's?
Yes, Countess Marianne attended both weddings. But I was talking about Madeleine Kogevinas, nee Countess Bernadotte and daughter of Prince Carl. I didn't see her at Madeleine's wedding.

Right, I forgot about the ruby tiara because I now associate it so much with the Queen. Here is the well known portrait of her with this tiara:
View image: bernadotte marianne ruby

I must admit I do like the amethyst necklace mounted as a tiara,it was an interesting reinvention!
I like it too:flowers:! It's always great to see some coloured tiaras and I adore versatile jewels.

I don't remember did Countess Karin ,Prince Carl third wife ,wore a tiara belonging to Princess Ingeborg ?
Countess Madeleine Kogevinas wore jewels from her Mother , Prince Carl first wife.

Yes, Countess Marianne attended both weddings. But I was talking about Madeleine Kogevinas, nee Countess Bernadotte and daughter of Prince Carl. I didn't see her at Madeleine's wedding.
Ok. I thought you where referring to Countess Marianne Bernadotte. Perhaps Madeleine Kogevinas has now the diamond tiara which was worn by her step-mother Princess Kristine Bernadotte at the 2 norwegian Royal Weddings in 2001 and 2002. Probably it has belonged to her father and she has now inherited it.

Last edited:
von Rosen tiara

Prince Carl's first wife and mother of Countess Madeleine / Madeleine Kogevinas was Elsa von Rosen. The von Rosen family has this nice little tiara of pearls and diamond roses. A rose tiara for the von Rosen family - very fitting:)!

Countess Elsa is seen wearing it in this clipping from the group picture at the 80th birthday of King Gustav V in 1938
pic cropped to less than 20%

Madeleine Kogevinas has worn this tiara several time, this pic is from Victoria's and Daniel's wedding
View image: Madeleine Kogevinas 2010

I once read that the tiara is still owned by the von Rosen family and loaned to Madeleine for big events. She is the only child of Prince Carl and Countess Christine had no children of her own. So hopefully she now owns Christine's tiara and will wear it at the next gala event.

As I said, she didn't attend Madeleine's wedding, so let us hope that she will be seen at next month's wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom