Bernadotte Family Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I have read speculations that the bracelet might be part of the ruby set and can be used to turn the tiara into a necklace. If that is correct, then it's quite natural that the bracelet returned to the main line RF together with the ruby tiara.

I was never a fan of the design of the Edward VII ruby tiara but in saying that was happy to see it returning to the main line.

I was never a fan of the design of the Edward VII ruby tiara but in saying that was happy to see it returning to the main line.

I agree. It is to high and relativ short. One element more at each side would be better. I think that this is also a reason it is rarely used by Queen Silvia as it seem's to be difficult to wear with modern hairstyles.

I agree. It is to high and relativ short. One element more at each side would be better. I think that this is also a reason it is rarely used by Queen Silvia as it seem's to be difficult to wear with modern hairstyles.

Pity it was never redesigned as it might have made it easier to wear.

I agree, the shape of the tiara is anything but ideal for modern hairstyles. But the Queen Silvia manages to carry it well. And I'm always glad to see it worn, just for the sake of diversity.

But I wonder what it had looked like on the belle epoque hairstyle of CP Margaret. Maybe she has never worn it for portraits because she didn't like it even back then?

Has the queen ever worn it as a necklace?

It's time to close this thread. You can find a new one here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom