The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-06-2017, 09:49 AM
Courtier

anybody knows about the tiara princess ingeborg is wearing in this photo ? it looks like princess sibylla also is wearing the diamond arrow that crown princess victoria wore at her pre-wedding in her hair .

Old 02-15-2017, 05:43 AM

posting this again since my earlier post didn't show up for some reason...

i think i've found countess estelle's other so called "mystery tiara". i think it's the one queen lovisa had.

people have also confused the queen sofia/estelle's pink topaz tiara with the one jill bernadotte is wearing in this photo, but i think it's the same as queen lovisa also :) since jill is married to bertil, who is estelle's son and they would have enherited it.

the "mystery" tiara:

and then the pink topaz that we all have come to love. since estelle's son bertil enherited the tiara above, her other son folke jr enherited this one, and gave it to his wife christine who has also been pictured wearing it in the 80's. and she's the one the king bought it back from in 2012 :)

Old 02-21-2017, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

A brooch on queen Silvia, Victoria (2009) and Sofia (yesterday).
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 02-22-2017, 04:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexhallia View Post

i think i've found countess estelle's other so called "mystery tiara". i think it's the one queen lovisa had.

people have also confused the queen sofia/estelle's pink topaz tiara with the one jill bernadotte is wearing in this photo, but i think it's the same as queen lovisa also :) since jill is married to bertil, who is estelle's son and they would have enherited it.

the "mystery" tiara:

and then the pink topaz that we all have come to love. since estelle's son bertil enherited the tiara above, her other son folke jr enherited this one, and gave it to his wife christine who has also been pictured wearing it in the 80's. and she's the one the king bought it back from in 2012 :)

Interesting guess...are you sure about mystery tiara...it doesn't look to me the same in Lovisa's photo and of Estelle :-/ looks similar, but not the same...don't know :(
Old 03-08-2017, 12:22 PM

does anyone know what tiara queen lovisa is wearing in this picture?
i've never seen it before..

Old 03-09-2017, 01:03 AM
Majesty

The Vasa Earrings | The Court Jeweller

These earrings are stunning.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:19 AM
Majesty

These earrings are soooo stunning indeed!!!!
Old 03-09-2017, 11:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

the "mystery" tiara:

Looks like you're on to something here
Old 03-09-2017, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

I don't know. There is a similarity, but that style of tiara is rather common. When enlarging the portrait of Queen Lovisa, the tiara seems to be of a scroll design, while the tiara on Countess Estelle/Jill looks more like a stylized floral design.

But of course you are right in that Countess Estelle had two tiaras: the pink tourmaline tiara which reportedly had been sold recently, and the diamond tiara now worn by Countess Jill.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
does anyone know what tiara queen lovisa is wearing in this picture?
i've never seen it before..

bump!
Old 03-22-2017, 08:47 AM
Serene Highness

It seems nobody knows :(
Old 03-22-2017, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Concerning jewels I don't trust paintings or litho pictures.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:58 PM
Courtier

could this diamond choker that Grand Duchess Louise of Baden, nee Prussia is wearing in this pictures

be this bracelet
Old 03-29-2017, 04:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
bump!
i cant say much about the tiara but i am wondering about the earings
can it be one of the diamond pearl brooch in the bernadotte family
Old 03-30-2017, 01:59 AM
Majesty

The Karl Johan Earrings | The Court Jeweller

I love these earrings. So regal and stunning.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Princess Birgitta's Pearl Circle Tiara,its one tiara I hadn't taken notice of before and last seen worn by one of her daughters to the 2010 wedding of Crown Princess Victoria.

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2017/01...-circle-tiara/
Old 04-01-2017, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Princess Birgitta's Pearl Circle Tiara,its one tiara I hadn't taken notice of before and last seen worn by one of her daughters to the 2010 wedding of Crown Princess Victoria.

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2017/01...-circle-tiara/
I think that Princess Birgitta has worn this tiara only once. Or at least, I have seen only pics of her wearing it at one event. Afaik, those pics are from her pre-wedding.

It is interesting that Nicole Neschitsch, the wife of her eldest son Prince Karl Christian, hasn't worn this tiara at her wedding. On the other hand, both her daughter and her other daughter-in-law wore it on their wedding day.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:25 PM
Majesty

Did Nicole wear any tiara? I can only find a picture of their civil wedding.

Since Desiree seems to wear it often, perhaps the article is right abd her mother gifted it to her. Odd haven't seen on Birgitta but once.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Did Nicole wear any tiara? I can only find a picture of their civil wedding.

Since Desiree seems to wear it often, perhaps the article is right abd her mother gifted it to her. Odd haven't seen on Birgitta but once.
No Nicole wore no tiara at her Wedding. I habve read that Prticness Birgitta gave the tiara to Désirée at her Wedding in 1990. So perhaps it was her who lonaed it to Ute Maria for her Wedding. Désirée wore this tiara for the 60th and 70th birthdays of King Carl Gustaf and to the swedish royal weddings
Old 04-01-2017, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

The tiara was a present from Her Grandfather the King of Sweden.

Tags
jewellery, past, royal, sweden