The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #861  
Old 06-10-2016, 10:28 AM
prince.of.preslav's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I agree, that must be the tiara-bracelet she is wearing.

I don't recognize the large brooch in the second picture. Can somebody identify it?
Not sure about provenance beyond Princess Sibylla, but the brooch has been worn by Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson:
http://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/48/...fa1/912@70.jpg
http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/bc/...4x3/912@70.jpg

*both pictures courtesy of expressen.se
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #862  
Old 06-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,554
Thank you! That must we the one. One can see the shape much better in the pics on Princess Christina. It looks like a mix between a flower and a star, and it's also quite large.
__________________

__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #863  
Old 06-11-2016, 11:37 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 8,553
The Swedish Four Button Tiara | The Court Jeweller

Definitely one of my least favorite tiaras in the family.
Reply With Quote
  #864  
Old 06-17-2016, 12:07 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 8,553
The Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara | The Court Jeweller

A stunningly regal majestic tiara. One of my all time favorites.
Reply With Quote
  #865  
Old 07-12-2016, 09:05 PM
duke of poliganc's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: cairo, Egypt
Posts: 470
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ce25023e8a.jpg
above crown princess martha of norway pic the tiara looks like Queen Silvia's Modern Fringe Tiara with pearls on top
Reply With Quote
  #866  
Old 07-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 4,417
Picture is not great I assume we are referring to this

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/553872454144767375/

The tiara is a replica, well not much of one in that it doesn't really resemble the original. Gerard's made it as a replacement to Queen Maude's (seen in link below) which was stolen when the jeweler had it for cleaning.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Queen Maud's Pearl and Diamond Tiara

Queen Silvia's has a slight resemblance. They are both modern tiaras that are crafted old fringe style. The Norweigian is about 9 years newer (made in 1995). Silvia's was likely an anniversary gift in 1986.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Modern Fringe Tiara
Reply With Quote
  #867  
Old 07-14-2016, 01:17 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 8,553
The Processional Jewels | The Court Jeweller

A stunning and regal necklace.
Reply With Quote
  #868  
Old 07-21-2016, 09:50 PM
duke of poliganc's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: cairo, Egypt
Posts: 470
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...7a595af55d.jpg
princess Sibylla of Sweden, wearing the Connaught tiara, at the royal wedding in Athens 1962, arm in arm with Princess Alice of Greece . this is the first time i see a picture of her wearing the sapphire necklace without the pendants
Reply With Quote
  #869  
Old 08-17-2016, 12:50 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 8,553
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Necklace of the Day (and a Programming Note): August 17

A magnificent necklace. Truly classic and regal in simplicity.
Reply With Quote
  #870  
Old 08-24-2016, 12:29 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 8,553
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Jewel of the Day: Queen Josephine's Diamond Stomacher

Such a stunningly beautiful necklace. The design is incredibly regal. One of the best I have seen.
Reply With Quote
  #871  
Old 09-09-2016, 08:17 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 8,553
Christening Jewels: Prince Alexander of Sweden | The Court Jeweller

I loved Victoria and Silvia's jewels.
Reply With Quote
  #872  
Old 10-07-2016, 03:50 AM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,496
Originally List Posted by Rascal

the red parts are new to the list
Do you see anything that need correction please do so or tell us by posting


Brosches
The Bernadotte Rose Brooch:
Silvia, CP Victoria (worn in her hair), Madeleine (worn in her hair)

Queen Josefina's Pearl, Ruby, & Diamond Spray Brooch:
Josefina, Silvia, CP Victoria (worn in her hair)

Bernadotte Oval diamond brooch
Silvia,Louise,Margaretha, Queen Sofia (?)

Bernadotte Lozenge diamond brooch
Q Victoria, Q Louise, Silvia, CP Victoria, Madeleine, P Sofia, Lilian, Sibylla

Princess Lilians wedding flower brosch
Lilian, Silvia

Cupid´s arrow
Sibylla, Silvia (worn in her hair), Victoria (worn in her hair)

Ruby and diamond brosch
Silvia, Madeleine, Victoria

Diamond bow brosch
Silvia, Victoria, Madeline

Q V's Diamond and Pearl Bow (with or without pearl pendent)
Q Victoria, Lilian, Victoria, Sofia

Victoria's 18th Flower Diamond (victoria wore it at her engagement)
Victoria

8 diamond button brosches
Q Victoria, Silvia, Victoria, Madeleine

Saphire diamond Horseshoue
Silvia, Victoria

Round saphire diamond brosch
Silvia, Victoria

Victorias butterfly Brosch
Victoria

Grand Duchess of Baden Pearl
GD of Baden, Silvia, Victoria, Madeleine

8 Diamond and Pearl
Q Victoria, Sibylla, Lilian, Silvia, Madeleine

Diamond and Pearldrop
Q Victoria, Lilian, Silvia, Victoria, Madeleine

Funky shape Pearl Diamond
Q Victoria, Silvia, Victoria, Madeleine, Christina

Baden Pearl Drop
GD of Baden, Q Victoria, Louise, Silvia

Ivy Pearl Drop
Q Victoria, Louise, Silvia, Victoria without the pearls as a pendent

Grenadier Gaurds
Lilian, Silvia, Victoria

Crownlike brosch
Silvia, Victoria

Diamond flower botton
Lilian

Gold and pearl brosch
Victoria, Madeleine, P Sofia

Silvias S monogram brosch
Silvia

Princess Lilian Saphire diamond brosch
Lilian

No name diamond brosch
Silvia

Grand Victoria of Baden's brooch
Q Victoria, Silvia
Reply With Quote
  #873  
Old 10-07-2016, 06:37 AM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,496
Grand Victoria of Baden's brooch
Q Victoria, Silvia

Worn by Queen Silvia for the first time at the return dinner at the state visit in Germany
Great that we have photo document that Q Victoria has worn the brosch

Arthur at Royal Jewels of the World Message Board had an ide if the brosch were from late Count Carl-Johan Bernadotte (uncle of King Carl XVI Gustaf), whose second wife, Countess Gunnila

have we seen Gunilla with such a brosch?
can we trace the brosch to Queen Victorias mother grand duchess of baden?
Reply With Quote
  #874  
Old 10-07-2016, 07:40 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 6,289
If it went via Carl-Johan, then it went this way:

Gustaf V af Sverige
x Victoria von Baden
= Gustaf VI Adolf af Sverige

Gustaf VI Adolf af Sverige
x Margaret of Connaught
= Carl-Johan Bernadotte af Wisborg

Count Carl-Johan had no natural children. He had an adopted daughter (Monica) and an adopted son (Christian) and via them six grandchildren. He married for a second time with Countess Gunilla Wachtmeister af Johannishus (she died a few weeks ago). Countess Gunilla had three surviving children from her first marriage.

When Count Carl-Johan indeed was the owner of the Baden Broche, this means he bypassed his two adopted children, his six grandchildren, his second wife, his three stepchildren, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #875  
Old 10-07-2016, 07:56 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn View Post
I believe it was Queen Ingrid's favorite jewelry and that she brought it with her from Sweden to Denmark. As far as I know it doesn't belong to the crown.
Actually, it was Queen Louise, the consort of King Frederik VIII, who brought the Ruby Set to Denmark from Sweden. There is a significant amount of Bernadotte jewelry that is now in either Denmark or Norway.
Reply With Quote
  #876  
Old 10-07-2016, 09:21 AM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
If it went via Carl-Johan, then it went this way:

Gustaf V af Sverige
x Victoria von Baden
= Gustaf VI Adolf af Sverige

Gustaf VI Adolf af Sverige
x Margaret of Connaught
= Carl-Johan Bernadotte af Wisborg

Count Carl-Johan had no natural children. He had an adopted daughter (Monica) and an adopted son (Christian) and via them six grandchildren. He married for a second time with Countess Gunilla Wachtmeister af Johannishus (she died a few weeks ago). Countess Gunilla had three surviving children from her first marriage.

When Count Carl-Johan indeed was the owner of the Baden Broche, this means he bypassed his two adopted children, his six grandchildren, his second wife, his three stepchildren, etc.
i think the journey of the jewllery is possible
it could be sold back to the royal family after Carl-johan and gunilla died
not many events were such a brosch can be worn for non royals
but have we seen gunilla wear this brosch?
if its have been in in the care of Carl-Johan we should have seen it?
Reply With Quote
  #877  
Old 10-10-2016, 04:42 AM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
Originally List Posted by Rascal

the red parts are new to the list
Do you see anything that need correction please do so or tell us by posting


Brosches
The Bernadotte Rose Brooch:
Silvia, CP Victoria (worn in her hair), Madeleine (worn in her hair)

Queen Josefina's Pearl, Ruby, & Diamond Spray Brooch:
Josefina, Silvia, CP Victoria (worn in her hair)

Bernadotte Oval diamond brooch
Silvia,Louise,Margaretha, Queen Sofia (?)

Bernadotte Lozenge diamond brooch
Q Victoria, Q Louise, Silvia, CP Victoria, Madeleine, P Sofia, Lilian, Sibylla

Princess Lilians wedding flower brosch
Lilian, Silvia

Cupid´s arrow
Sibylla, Silvia (worn in her hair), Victoria (worn in her hair)

Ruby and diamond brosch
Silvia, Madeleine, Victoria

Diamond bow brosch
Silvia, Victoria, Madeline

Q V's Diamond and Pearl Bow (with or without pearl pendent)
Q Victoria, Lilian, Victoria, Sofia

Victoria's 18th Flower Diamond (victoria wore it at her engagement)
Victoria

8 diamond button brosches
Q Victoria, Silvia, Victoria, Madeleine

Saphire diamond Horseshoue
Silvia, Victoria

Round saphire diamond brosch
Silvia, Victoria

Victorias butterfly Brosch
Victoria

Grand Duchess of Baden Pearl
GD of Baden, Silvia, Victoria, Madeleine

8 Diamond and Pearl
Q Victoria, Sibylla, Lilian, Silvia, Madeleine

Diamond and Pearldrop
Q Victoria, Lilian, Silvia, Victoria, Madeleine

Funky shape Pearl Diamond
Q Victoria, Silvia, Victoria, Madeleine, Christina

Baden Pearl Drop
GD of Baden, Q Victoria, Louise, Silvia

Ivy Pearl Drop
Q Victoria, Louise, Silvia, Victoria without the pearls as a pendent

Grenadier Gaurds
Lilian, Silvia, Victoria

Crownlike brosch
Silvia, Victoria

Diamond flower botton
Lilian

Gold and pearl brosch
Victoria, Madeleine, P Sofia

Silvias S monogram brosch
Silvia

Princess Lilian Saphire diamond brosch
Lilian

No name diamond brosch
Silvia

Grand Victoria of Baden's brooch
Q Victoria, Silvia
I always thought that the Swedish broosch collection was rather small
we cant compare it to England but it seems that its not so much smaller then the Netherlands

these brooches posted above does not include brooches belonging to sets or parures
Reply With Quote
  #878  
Old 10-10-2016, 09:33 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 2,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara | The Court Jeweller

A stunningly regal majestic tiara. One of my all time favorites.
The sapphires are superb; a truly beautiful blue. I like the fact that the name of the tiara is based on the Leuchtenburg ducal title King Maximilian I Joseph gave to Eugene.
Reply With Quote
  #879  
Old 11-17-2016, 10:17 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 8,553
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Countess Gunnila Bernadotte's Tiara

Not fond of the tiara. I find it odd.
Reply With Quote
  #880  
Old 11-17-2016, 02:46 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,196
I read somewhere that this tiara originally belonged to Wachtmeister-Johannishus family.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jewellery, past, royal, sweden


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Count Carl Johan Bernadotte of Wisborg (1916-2012) & Family, News 1: June '08-Mar '17 Avicenna Current Events Archive 40 03-03-2017 03:53 AM
The Comital Bernadotte af Wisborg Family, Current Events 1: April 2003 - March 2017 Emil Current Events Archive 358 03-03-2017 03:52 AM
Prince Carl Bernadotte (1911-2003) and Family, News 1: July 2003 - March 2017 Mandy Current Events Archive 41 03-03-2017 03:52 AM
"The Bernadotte Family" (2010) - Swedish Documentary by TV4 Paty The Electronic Domain 31 06-07-2012 03:53 PM




Popular Tags
albania ascot 2016 belgian state visit to japan best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit october 2016 best outfit september coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge e-mail fashion poll kate middleton king abdullah ii king abdullah in new zealand king carl gustaf and queen silvia king philippe king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand norway norwegian royals november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week pierre casiraghi prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess sofia princess sofias hats princess victoria hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion queen silvia rohans september 2016 state visit succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises