The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-17-2015, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I have never before seen this picture of Princess Birgitta with Queen Louise's diamond tiara.
Portrait of Princess Birgitta of Sweden pictured wearing a tiara and... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images

Quote:
Queen Louise's Diamond Tiara (now owned by Desiree):
Louise, Margaretha, Birgitta, Desiree, Christina
In the jewels list above all 4 Haga Princesses are listed as wearers, but I don't think that I have ever seen pictures of Margaretha and Christina with this tiara. Can somebody post pictures of them?

Old 07-17-2015, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Doesn't Princess Désirée currently own that tiara,would love to have seen it worn at the recent Swedish Royal Wedding!

Old 07-17-2015, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

You are right, An Ard Ri. If my count is correct, Princess Desiree hasn't worn her diamond tiara since the 70th birthday of the King of Norway in 2007. At Victoria's wedding she has worn the amethyst tiara and at the weddings of Madeleine and Carl Philip she wore the large cut steel tiara. It would be nice to see her diamond tiara once again.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Unless Princess Desiree attends a State Banquet or a Noble Ceremony we might not see that tiara for sometime!
Old 07-17-2015, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

:previou: I doubt that she will. But maybe there will be a gala for the 70th birthday of the King next year. That would be a nice opportunity.

Old 07-17-2015, 06:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I have never before seen this picture of Princess Birgitta with Queen Louise's diamond tiara.
Portrait of Princess Birgitta of Sweden pictured wearing a tiara and... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images

In the jewels list above all 4 Haga Princesses are listed as wearers, but I don't think that I have ever seen pictures of Margaretha and Christina with this tiara. Can somebody post pictures of them?

Here is a link which has photos of all four Haga Princesses in the tiara. http://tiara-mania.blogspot.com/2014...tiara.html?m=1
Old 07-18-2015, 02:01 AM
Majesty

Saturday Sparkler: The Napoleonic Amethyst Tiara | The Court Jeweller

I find this tiara very stunning. I love the color of those amethysts.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the amethysts but this tiara it is not my favorites.
Old 07-18-2015, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I really like the circlet design of this tiara and overall its a beautiful tiara!
Old 07-18-2015, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

The stones and the setting are gorgeous! But imo the amethyst circlet is too wide, it usually looks like a lid popped on a pot that is too small. I would like to take out one of the amethyst elements to give it a smaller diameter. Or to take out even more elements and open up the circlet. But maybe such a change would mean that it can't be easily reverted back to necklace anymore?

Old 07-18-2015, 08:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The stones and the setting are gorgeous! But imo the amethyst circlet is too wide, it usually looks like a lid popped on a pot that is too small. I would like to take out one of the amethyst elements to give it a smaller diameter. Or to take out even more elements and open up the circlet. But maybe such a change would mean that it can't be easily reverted back to necklace anymore?
Agree 100%. The circlet is wider than the base. There is too much empty space between the hairdo and the circlet. It needs some adaptation.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

From The List:
Quote:
Princess Birgitta's Diamond Bracelet Tiara (search her on Corbis):
Birgitta, Desiree, Christina
The meander bracelet tiara has also been worn by Princess Sybilla:
View image: se meander

I think that the lady on the right is Princess Christina, or is it Desiree? Sorry, but I'm not good at telling the young Haga Princesses apart.
View image: se meander2

If this is Christina, can someone please post a pic of Princess Desiree with it?

Old 07-18-2015, 09:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
From The List:

I think that the lady on the right is Princess Christina, or is it Desiree? Sorry, but I'm not good at telling the young Haga Princesses apart.

If this is Christina, can someone please post a pic of Princess Desiree with it?

Looks like Desiree to me.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-18-2015, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
From The List:

[...]

[...]
It is indeed (back then) HRH Princess Christina of Sweden, now Princess Christina, Mrs Magnuson.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
From The List:

That is Christina! :)
Old 07-18-2015, 10:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
From The List:I think that the lady on the right is Princess Christina, or is it Desiree? Sorry, but I'm not good at telling the young Haga Princesses apart.

Imo it is Desiree.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

The two sisters could be twins. See this picture: Princess Désirée with a diadem from her husband's family (Silverschiöld) and Princess Christina with the Four Buttons diadem.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The two sisters could be twins. See this picture: Princess Désirée with a diadem from her husband's family (Silverschiöld) and Princess Christina with the Four Buttons diadem.
Desiree is wearing Queen Louise's diamond tiara as we discussed above: Bernadotte Family Jewels
And yes, they do look similar. In half the old pics of them I can't tell them apart.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post

I agree I was wrong before when I said it was Desirée instead of Christina but I'm absolutely positive that it's Margaretha wearing the buttons here.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-18-2015, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

She looks like Margaretha, but I have often seen that picture identified as Desiree and Christina.

Tags
jewellery, past, royal, sweden