The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-10-2015, 07:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
i wonder what happned to queen lovisas tiara
Always when I see this photo, I get to my mind the comb (that is the court's word) Victoria has had with the small cut steel tiara.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Old 05-17-2015, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Countess Marianne Bernadotte tiaras

Countess Marianne Bernadotte, the widow of the King's uncle Count Sigvard, has worn three tiaras.

This pearl and diamond tiara seems to be a favourite as she has worn it the most:
View image: Bernadotte Marianne pearl tiara

At the Nobel Awards in 2012, look at the pearl choker as well!
View image: bernadotte marianne pearl 2012

This tiara has not been seen in a long time, this picture is from a ball in 1988
View image: bernadotte marianne arch 1988

She has an amethyst necklace which she wore as a tiara at Madeleine's wedding
View image: bernadotte marianne amethyst 2013

Here an older pic of the necklace
View image: bernadotte marianne amethyst necklace

I wonder if the frame for the amethyst is newly made? It could be that the Napoleonic amethyst tiara from the Bernadotte foundation gave the Countess some useful inspiration.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder which tiara Countess Marianne will wear for the sweden Future Wedding.
I wonder also if Countess Madeleine will wear the late Countess Kristine tiara.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

I would love to see Countess Marianne with the 2nd tiara, the one with the diamond arches. She hasn't worn it in a long time and I long to see better photos of this jewel. But I think she will rather wear one of the other two since they seem to be more substantial.

We will see whether Countess Madeleine is invited at all. She attended Victoria's wedding, but not Madeleine's. If she attends it will be interesting to see which tiara she chooses.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I

We will see whether Countess Madeleine is invited at all. She attended Victoria's wedding, but not Madeleine's. If she attends it will be interesting to see which tiara she chooses.
She certainly attended Madeleine's Wedding. The pic you oposted of her with the amethyst tiara is from that Wedding. So i guess she wiill attend also this Wedding.
Hasn't she also worn the ruby tiara in the 60's?
Old 05-18-2015, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I must admit I do like the amethyst necklace mounted as a tiara,it was an interesting reinvention!
Old 05-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
She certainly attended Madeleine's Wedding. The pic you oposted of her with the amethyst tiara is from that Wedding. So i guess she wiill attend also this Wedding.
Hasn't she also worn the ruby tiara in the 60's?
Yes, Countess Marianne attended both weddings. But I was talking about Madeleine Kogevinas, nee Countess Bernadotte and daughter of Prince Carl. I didn't see her at Madeleine's wedding.

Right, I forgot about the ruby tiara because I now associate it so much with the Queen. Here is the well known portrait of her with this tiara:
View image: bernadotte marianne ruby

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I must admit I do like the amethyst necklace mounted as a tiara,it was an interesting reinvention!
I like it too! It's always great to see some coloured tiaras and I adore versatile jewels.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't remember did Countess Karin ,Prince Carl third wife ,wore a tiara belonging to Princess Ingeborg ?
Countess Madeleine Kogevinas wore jewels from her Mother , Prince Carl first wife.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yes, Countess Marianne attended both weddings. But I was talking about Madeleine Kogevinas, nee Countess Bernadotte and daughter of Prince Carl. I didn't see her at Madeleine's wedding.
Ok. I thought you where referring to Countess Marianne Bernadotte. Perhaps Madeleine Kogevinas has now the diamond tiara which was worn by her step-mother Princess Kristine Bernadotte at the 2 norwegian Royal Weddings in 2001 and 2002. Probably it has belonged to her father and she has now inherited it.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

von Rosen tiara

Prince Carl's first wife and mother of Countess Madeleine / Madeleine Kogevinas was Elsa von Rosen. The von Rosen family has this nice little tiara of pearls and diamond roses. A rose tiara for the von Rosen family - very fitting!

Countess Elsa is seen wearing it in this clipping from the group picture at the 80th birthday of King Gustav V in 1938
pic cropped to less than 20%

Madeleine Kogevinas has worn this tiara several time, this pic is from Victoria's and Daniel's wedding
View image: Madeleine Kogevinas 2010

I once read that the tiara is still owned by the von Rosen family and loaned to Madeleine for big events. She is the only child of Prince Carl and Countess Christine had no children of her own. So hopefully she now owns Christine's tiara and will wear it at the next gala event.

As I said, she didn't attend Madeleine's wedding, so let us hope that she will be seen at next month's wedding.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Tliia, but I should have more informations about Prince Carl jewels heirloom from Princess Ingeborg.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:31 PM
Majesty

Queen Joséphine's Natural Pearl and Diamond Necklace

Old 05-19-2015, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Countess Kristine Bernadotte tiaras

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Thanks Tliia, but I should have more informations about Prince Carl jewels heirloom from Princess Ingeborg.
I think I understood you, but I needed more time to go through my notes on Countess Kristine's and Princess Ingeborg's jewels. It seems that there is not much known about the jewels Prince Carl inherited from his mother.

Princess Ingeborg's diamond tiara
To my knowledge Countess Kristine has worn two different tiaras.
This is a comparison picture of the Countess at Prince Haakon’s 18th birthday and her mother-in-law Princess Ingeborg. Unfortunately the picture quality is too bad to be 100% sure. But I still think that it is the same tiara.
View image: bernadotte kristine ingeborg

This tiara diamond tiara of Princess Ingeborg was also worn several times by Countess Ruth of Rosenborg. For example in this group photo from the 1950s.
View image: rosenborg group
The tiara was a loan from Princess Ingeborg who died in 1958. Then Prince Carl inherited this tiara. At that time he was already married to his 2nd wife, Countess Anne. I have never seen a picture of her wearing any tiara.

Then there is also this picture of a somewhat older Countess Ruth of Rosenborg wearing the tiara. Maybe this was during the years between the 2nd and the 3rd marriages, when Carl was single and therefore loaned the tiara to his niece-in-law Ruth?
View image: rosenborg ruth diamond

This tiara hasn't been seen in a long time. I have read several times that Prince Carl has sold it, although I don't know the source for this information. That means it is very, very unlikely that the tiara is still in the family and that Countess Madeleine might wear it.

Countess Kristine's Tiara
And this is a picture of Countess Christine at the wedding of Haakon & Mette-Marit. Definitely a different tiara but I don’t know anything about it.
View image: bernadotte kristine 2001

She probably wore the same tiara at King Harald’s birthday in 2007. But I have not seen better quality pictures than this:
View image: bernadotte kristine 2007

If this tiara was owned by the Countess and not a loan, then maybe it has now passed to Countess Madeleine. I'd love to see her at the upcoming wedding wearing it.

How I wish that we might find out more! But maybe we will, next month...

Old 05-19-2015, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for your great Work , we will wait and see..

Princess Ingeborg's jewels are so important because She is our King Albert II Grand Mother

There is a nice story, the day of Princess Astrid 's Wedding in Brussels (second wedding) she enterred the Cathedral with her Father She wore no necklace and on the Family Group She wore a pendant on her wedding dress , a present of her parents (thanks to the GREMB board fine eyes)

When she married Princess Astrid had not a lot personal jewels and received wedding presents from Stockholm and Belgium .

When Josephine Charlotte was born (1927) she received from King Albert I and Queen Elisabeth a Shoker with a big emerald inhertited by Josephine Charlotte and worn by the actuel Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.

When Baudouin (1930) the future King was born She received from King Albert I and Queen Elisabeth an Emerald tiara and necklace , worn after by Princess Lilian and never seen again ! Where are they???

When Albert (1934)was born, Astrid received Queen Elisabeth 's personal deco tiara given in 1960 (King Baudouin's wedding) to Paola Princess of Liege.

When Queen Astrid died the 3 Orphans went on holiday to their grand parents's home in Sweden. Then WW2, Leopold second wedding during the War, his Exile an Abdication , Princess Ingeborg never came to Begium anymore.

Princess ingeborg was seen at Josephine Charlotte's Wedding.

A few years ago , Coutau Begarie / Paris sold at their Auction items from the late Prince and Princess Axel of Denmark :
Prince Axel row of Decorations :3500 euros
Princess Margaretha fake tiara : 695 euros
And I bought a small silver note-book with "I" and a Crown and a little silver pencil 600 euros + 25 %.....
Old 05-19-2015, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I think I understood you, but I needed more time to go through my notes on Countess Kristine's and Princess Ingeborg's jewels. It seems that there is not much known about the jewels Prince Carl inherited from his mother.

Princess Ingeborg's diamond tiara
To my knowledge Countess Kristine has worn two different tiaras.
This is a comparison picture of the Countess at Prince Haakon’s 18th birthday and her mother-in-law Princess Ingeborg. Unfortunately the picture quality is too bad to be 100% sure. But I still think that it is the same tiara.
View image: bernadotte kristine ingeborg

This tiara diamond tiara of Princess Ingeborg was also worn several times by Countess Ruth of Rosenborg. For example in this group photo from the 1950s.
View image: rosenborg group
The tiara was a loan from Princess Ingeborg who died in 1958. Then Prince Carl inherited this tiara. At that time he was already married to his 2nd wife, Countess Anne. I have never seen a picture of her wearing any tiara.

Then there is also this picture of a somewhat older Countess Ruth of Rosenborg wearing the tiara. Maybe this was during the years between the 2nd and the 3rd marriages, when Carl was single and therefore loaned the tiara to his niece-in-law Ruth?
View image: rosenborg ruth diamond

This tiara hasn't been seen in a long time. I have read several times that Prince Carl has sold it, although I don't know the source for this information. That means it is very, very unlikely that the tiara is still in the family and that Countess Madeleine might wear it.

Countess Kristine's Tiara
And this is a picture of Countess Christine at the wedding of Haakon & Mette-Marit. Definitely a different tiara but I don’t know anything about it.
View image: bernadotte kristine 2001

She probably wore the same tiara at King Harald’s birthday in 2007. But I have not seen better quality pictures than this:
View image: bernadotte kristine 2007

If this tiara was owned by the Countess and not a loan, then maybe it has now passed to Countess Madeleine. I'd love to see her at the upcoming wedding wearing it.

How I wish that we might find out more! But maybe we will, next month...
Are there any opics from Princess Kristine at Princess Märtha Louise's Wedding. Unfortunately one can barely see the tiaras on her as they are buried in her hair.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Are there any opics from Princess Kristine at Princess Märtha Louise's Wedding. Unfortunately one can barely see the tiaras on her as they are buried in her hair.
Yes, really difficult to see the tiaras in her hair. I don't think that Countess Kristine was at Märtha-Louise's wedding because she is not on the group picture. Both Madeleine Kogevinas and Countess Ruth are on the picture, so Kristine should have been there as well if she had attended.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Yes, really difficult to see the tiaras in her hair. I don't think that Countess Kristine was at Märtha-Louise's wedding because she is not on the group picture. Both Madeleine Kogevinas and Countess Ruth are on the picture, so Kristine should have been there as well if she had attended.
She was not on the guest list.
NRK.no - Prinsessebryllupet
Old 05-20-2015, 05:49 AM
Majesty

Camilla treated to a cocktail named The Duchess in her honour in Ireland | Daily Mail Online

Camilla wearing a (new?) turquoise brooch in Ireland yesterday
Old 05-20-2015, 06:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Camilla treated to a cocktail named The Duchess in her honour in Ireland | Daily Mail Online

Camilla wearing a (new?) turquoise brooch in Ireland yesterday
This thread is about Bernadotte jewelry....not windsor jewelry
Old 05-30-2015, 08:49 PM
Courtier

Has anyone ever watched this?
UR Samtiden - Antikmässan 2011: Kungafamiljens ärvda smycken - UR.se

Tags
jewellery, past, royal, sweden