Bernadotte Family Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One can only speculate about her reasons. But maybe she likes some variety and does not want to always wear the same tiara? Her sisters also did not wear their own tiaras.

It is only strange that had nor worn the tiara for about 20 years when she wore it again for Victoria's Wedding.
But i agree it is good to see the ownership question now confirmed. So i guess we will not see it on other mebers of the Family which is a pitiy because when it would be worn on a flat updoo it would most likely be shown to it's full effect.

Yes, the long absense is still a mystery. But wasn't it only 12 years? Sibylla Ambler wore it in 1998 and Princess Margaretha wore it in 2010.

What big events has she attended in these years? I only remember the King's 60th Birthday, when she wore the amethyst tiara. I haven't seen pictures of her at the King's 50th birthday, did Princess Margareta attend?

Yes, the long absense is still a mystery. But wasn't it only 12 years? Sibylla Ambler wore it in 1998 and Princess Margaretha wore it in 2010.

What big events has she attended in these years? I only remember the King's 60th Birthday, when she wore the amethyst tiara. I haven't seen pictures of her at the King's 50th birthday, did Princess Margareta attend?

Yes i also wonder if Margareta attended The Kings 50:th Birthday dinner in the state hall in 1996 ? The Queen wore the Connaught tiara and the Pink Topaz set, Crown Princess Victoria wore her 18:th birthday tiara and Princess Lilian wore the Baden fringe tiara and the diamond corsage. I have seen pictures of Princess Christina in the Cut steel tiara and Princess Desirée in her Private diamond tiara. I think i also have seen pictures of Birgitta in the 4 button tiara but i can't remember that i have seen pictures of Margareta. Was she there at all ?

Princess Margaretha actually did attend the Kings 50:th birthday dinner. She sat next to the Swedish Prime Minister and wore the same outfit as at the Royal wedding in 2010, the aquamarines included.

Attachments

• margaretha96.png
    margaretha96.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 847
Princess Margaretha actually did attend the Kings 50:th birthday dinner. She sat next to the Swedish Prime Minister and wore the same outfit as at the Royal wedding in 2010, the aquamarines included.
Thanks for the pic Carolus. Interesting to see that Princess Margaretha wore the aqumarine tiara for the Kings 50th birthday in 1996. It was always told that when Sybilla Ambler wore the tiara for her Wedding it was the first time since a long time that the tiara was seen because Princess Margaretha had not worn it since the early 80's.

The Cobourg Aquamarine Parure had also a huge Brooch. Also in the royal safe ?.

Bernadotte Family Jewels

The Cobourg Aquamarine Parure had also a huge Brooch. Also in the royal safe ?.

Is it this brooch you mean ? Don't if it is at the palace as well. Roger Lundgren only mentioned the tiara wich he had asked Princess Christina about. The rest is still a mystery but i would guess that all historically important peaces is kept at the same place.

ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1424094619.847869.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, it was this brooch which belongs to the parure.

I started reading this thread from its beginning.
Is it a Cobourg Parure or a Present Princess Sybilla received at her Wedding ?

The late Boris wrote that maybe the tiara was sold because Mr Ambler had financial problems.

Princess Brigitta received an aquamarine cabochon.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this picture and welcome to TRF:flowers:.
It is a pity that there were not many decent pictures from the King's 50th Birthday. Do you, or anybody else, have pictures of the other sisters at this gala?
Yes, it was this brooch which belongs to the parure.

I started reading this thread from its beginning.
Is it a Cobourg Parure or a Present Princess Sybilla received at her Wedding ?

The late Boris wrote that maybe the tiara was sold because Mr Amble had financial problems.

Princess Brigitta received an aquamarine cabochon.
Boris was not the only one who speculated that the tiara might have been sold. The rumour was mentioned by many people on several different sites. But since Princess Christina confirmed that it is stilled owned by her sister, we finally know that the speculation was wrong.

Thanks Tilla C.
I am always happy when Royal Jewels are not sold and remain in the Family!

I guess this can be updated
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post

Crown Princess Victoria's 18th Birthday Tiara:
Worn only (thank goodness!) by CP Victoria

Princess Birgitta's Diamond Bracelet Tiara (search her on Corbis):
Birgitta, Desiree, Christina

Baden Fringe or Sun-ray Tiara:
Q Victoria, Louise, Christina, Desiree, Margaretha, Lilian, Silvia, CP Victoria

Diamond Buttons later used for Tiaras:
Queen Sophia Dorothea of Prussia, her daughter Queen Lovisa Ulrika of Sweden, Lovisa's daughter-in-law Queen Hedwig Elisabeth Charlotte, King Oscar II of Sweden (King Karl XIV Johan aka Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte left out as no portrait exists of him wearing the buttons either on uniform or on crown)

4-Button Tiara:
Margaretha, Birgitta, Desiree, Christina, Lilian, CP Victoria, Madeleine

6-Button Tiara:
Lilian, Silvia, CP Victoria, Madeleine, Christina, Birgitta

Queen Victoria's Processional Necklace of Ceylon Sapphires, Pearls, & Diamonds:
Louise, Silvia, Lilian, Desiree, Christina, CP Victoria, Madeleine

The Vasa Diamond Earrings:
Louise, Sibylla, Silvia, Lilian, CP Victoria, Madeleine

The Bernadotte Emerald Demi-parure:
Sofia, Sibylla, Silvia, Lilian, Victoria

Cut-Steel Tiara:
Silvia, Lilian, Christina, CP Victoria, Margaretha

Queen Josefina's Amethyst Demi-parure:
Louise, Margaretha, Christina, Silvia (w tiara), Desiree (w tiara), CP Victoria (w tiara), Margaretha (w tiara), Madeleine (w tiara)

Queen Josefina's Diamond Stomacher-Necklace:
Josefina, Lovisa, Sofia, Q Victoria, Louise, Silvia, Lilian, Victoria

CP Margaret's Aquamarine Tiara:
Margaret, Sibylla, Margaretha, Sibylla Ambler

Russian Pink Topaz Demi-parure:
Louise, Sibylla, Silvia, Desiree, Christina

The Bernadotte Rose Brooch:
Silvia, CP Victoria, Madeleine

Empress Josephine's Cameo Parure:
Queen Hortense, Queen Josefina, Sibylla, Ingrid, Birgitta, Desiree (one time in addition to her wedding - see if you can find it ), Silvia, CP Victoria

Queen Josefina's Pearl, Ruby, & Diamond Spray Brooch:
Josefina, Silvia, CP Victoria

Leuchtenberg Parure:
Josefina, Q Victoria, Louise, Sibylla, Birgitta, Silvia

Queen Sofia's Tiara or the 9-Prong Tiara:
Sofia, Louise, Margaretha, Silvia, Lilian, Birgitta

The Braganca Diamond Tiara or the Brazilian Tiara:
Sofia, Q Victoria, Louise (also as Crown Princess), Silvia

Princess Sibylla's Tiara or the Connaught Forget-me-not Tiara:
CP Margaret, Sibylla, Christina, Silvia, Desiree, Lilian, Madeleine, CP Victoria (pendants as necklace only). Birgitta

Edward VII Ruby Tiara:
Sonja Robbert (2nd wife of Sigvard), Marianne (last wife of Sigvard), Silvia

Queen Silvia's Diamond Fringe Necklace-Tiara:
Silvia, Madeleine, CP Victoria (as a necklace only)

Queen Sofia's Diamond & Pearl Fringe Tiara (now owned by Christina):
Christina

Queen Louise's Diamond Tiara (now owned by Desiree):
Louise, Margaretha, Birgitta, Desiree, Christina

Princess Birgitta's Diamond & Pearl Circle Tiara (now owned by Desiree of Hohenzollern)
Birgitta, Desiree of Hohenzollern, Ute of Hohenzollern

Crown Princess Margaret's Laurel Wreath Tiara:
CP Margaret, Lilian, Victoria

Crown Princess Margaret's Scarab Necklace:
CP Margaret, Lilian

Queen Louise's Aquamarine Bandeau (now owned by Madeleine)
Desiree, Christina, Madeleine

Don't know if these have a name, so I am giving them a name and, for clarity describing the event as needed:

Mainau Cuff-Link Fringe Tiara:
Countess Sonja Bernadotte, Countess Bettina Bernadotte, Countess Sandra Bernadotte (worn for her wedding)

Mainau Diamond & Gemstone Swag-Fringe Tiara:
Countess Karin Bernadotte, Countess Bettina Bernadotte (worn for CP Victoria's wedding - it looks to be set with amethyst, citrine, and sapphire stones at the top of the spikes)

Countess Sandra Bernadotte's Bracelet-Tiara:
Countess Sandra Bernadotte (worn for her wedding reception and for CP Victoria's wedding)

*Countess Marianne Bernadotte's tiaras (at least two - one pearl and one diamond and yellow gold) are not included with this list because most reports are that they were brought into the marriage to Sigvard by her.

**Countess Madeleine Bernadotte's tiara worn for CP Victoria's wedding is not included in this list. It has been referred to as the von Rosen tiara, a possession of the family of Prince Carl's first wife, Elsa von Rosen, and borrowed by Madeleine for this event.

***There are some items missing from the list (The Bernadotte Diamond Earrings, some of the diamond brooches, bracelets, etc) because I am still researching them and/or they don't have a "name". Please feel free to add or if you have information you would like to share about these or any other pieces, I will be asking questions about specific pieces when I can.

For now, hope this list helps any others. Have a great day, happy hunting, and I hope we can all discover a great deal together.

Rascal

It looks to me that Louise is wearing the Emerald Parure in this photo from 1958.
http://img.tradera.net/images/669/202473669_6958d9a1-7b66-4c12-867c-1cbf31e0c87c.jpg
What do you think?

Are they not the earrings from the amethyst demi-parure? And also one of the bracelets and the brooch?

I found this photo on Ebay and I was wondering if anyone had any idea what tiaras are being worn in it. I can tell the Brazilian is being worn by Queen Sophia but I would love to hear what you all have to say about the others.
1909 Swedish Royal Family Chromolithograph King Gustav V Prince Oscar Bernadotte | eBay

Especially this one- http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDIxWDY0MA==/z/4YUAAOSwYGFUvUA8/$_12.JPG

I also found this photo- http://www.tradera.com/item/270212/224481126/kungafamiljen-med-oskar-ll#view-item-main

Does it look like the lady 2nd from the left is wearing the pearl necklace that was just sold at auction?

Last edited:
Bernadotte Family Jewels

Picture 1 : Looks like Queen Victoria is wearing a pearl tiara or the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara with pearls. Queen Sofia is definitely wearing the Nine prong tiara.

Picture 2 : Victoria is definitely wearing the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara. Don't know what Sofia is wearing.

Yes i think it is Queen Josephines pearl necklase. It is Princess Ebba Bernadotte who is wearing it on the picture and her husband Prince Oscar Bernadotte inherited it.

Last edited:
I agree with Hans-Rickard. I'm sure that Queen Sofia is wearing the nine prongs tiara in the first picture. In the second picture it looks like the pearl and star tiara.

It is interesting that CP Margret seems to wear not tiara in the first picture. And who is the lady with a small tiara standing on the right side of the pic? Is the Ebba Bernadotte?

I agree with Hans-Rickard. I'm sure that Queen Sofia is wearing the nine prongs tiara in the first picture. In the second picture it looks like the pearl and star tiara.

It is interesting that CP Margret seems to wear not tiara in the first picture. And who is the lady with a small tiara standing on the right side of the pic? Is the Ebba Bernadotte?

Oh right, I didn't even look at the first picture but assumed they were the same. It is the nine prong on the first one.

And who is the lady with a small tiara standing on the right side of the pic? Is the Ebba Bernadotte?

Looks like the Russian born Princess Maria ( Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna) wife of Prince Wilhelm who is to her right

Looks like the Russian born Princess Maria ( Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna) wife of Prince Wilhelm who is to her right
Thank you, that makes sense. I do not recognize her tiara, but then there are only few known tiara pic of her. She might have had more tiaras then we know about.

Great find. I like it both, as a necklace and as a diadem.

What a regal looking photo the kings late mother ,the tiara looks great on Princess Siyblla.

It is also called "Prinsessan Sibyllas diadem" in Swedish as she wore it to almost every tiara occasion she attended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom